What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm waiting for DS to finish his math test so we can dye Easter eggs. So he can go spend the night at my mothers. :lol: You'd think the kid would be motivated to go and get done quick but I keep finding him doing anything BUT his math test. Which he should breeze through because he did it in 10 minutes on Monday.... :dunno:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm waiting for DS to finish his math test so we can dye Easter eggs. So he can go spend the night at my mothers. :lol: You'd think the kid would be motivated to go and get done quick but I keep finding him doing anything BUT his math test. Which he should breeze through because he did it in 10 minutes on Monday.... :dunno:
:worship:he is a master of the arts of procrastination:lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
looking forward to this years xmas /thanksgiving family parties just found out one of my baby cousins is due for a baby of her own end of may :rolleyes: plenty of time to try and remember her husbands name:lol:
Mnemonics helps. Like, if a person’s name begins with a T, think of an image or color that reminds you of that person, beginning w/ a T, etc.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:worship:he is a master of the arts of procrastination:lol:
Yes. Now if he could master the art of whatever you call the opposite that would be great because I am drained! :crazy::lol::bawling::gaah::runaround::thud:And this is me when I really reach the end of my rope…:bliss:

TGIF!!!:lol:
I gave a gift to someone, just a fun little sign for their gaming room. They made fun of it and said they wouldn't use it :(
I’m sorry that’s awful. :frown: Some people have no manners. I learned a lesson once when I mailed a “friend” a cute little thing I’d found out shopping that reminded me of them and they never even acknowledged it. That was probably 16 years ago and I’ve forgiven but I do remember it hurt.:ohwell:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Now if he could master the art of whatever you call the opposite that would be great because I am drained! :crazy::lol::bawling::gaah::runaround::thud:And this is me when I really reach the end of my rope…:bliss:

TGIF!!!:lol:

I’m sorry that’s awful. :frown: Some people have no manners. I learned a lesson once when I mailed a “friend” a cute little thing I’d found out shopping that reminded me of them and they never even acknowledged it. That was probably 16 years ago and I’ve forgiven but I do remember it hurt.:ohwell:
I spose giving is kind of a leap of faith…sometimes I’d rather they tell me honestly as it allows me to know the other person better…I’d rather not be thanked for something they were pretending to like. Maybe when you give, give wholeheartedly & hope for the best, like shooting an arrow into the air! But no acknowledgement at all is a bit of a puzzle….

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I spose giving is kind of a leap of faith…sometimes I’d rather they tell me honestly as it allows me to know the other person better…I’d rather not be thanked for something they were pretending to like. Maybe when you give, give wholeheartedly & hope for the best, like shooting an arrow into the air! But no acknowledgement at all is a bit of a puzzle….
I’ve received a few really odd gifts over the years. Like “vintage” pillow cases hand embroidered with farm animals as a wedding gift. They were from a great-aunt I never met in person; so the thought really was what counted. I’ve tried to teach my kids to appreciate the gesture even if they aren’t excited about a gift. My DS can be a little too honest (blunt); but he’s learning. I think a simple thank you is the least we can do. There must be a fuzzy line between giving not expecting anything in return and regretting you had done it. I think with close friends it’s easier to be honest if you don’t care for a gift. You don’t have to feel like you are risking the friendship or misunderstanding each other.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here we go again. Up the hill on the Boone and Gracie "Will we be friends again" rollercoaster.

Gracie was banging on the door and crying to get upstairs this morning so I let her up to see what happens.

Been a mixed of pleasantries like eating together and licking eachother's heads and nastiness like hissing. Thankfully no agression or attacks so we will see how long Gracie will remain upstairs before being banished to the basement again.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids spent last night at my moms….

Me Today: I’m being so productive! I’ll do the dishes while DH picks up lunch!

Also Me Today: Does laundry. Opens all windows. Vacuums house (kid’s chore) including edges, baseboards, and under the couch (🥴). Reads TCS thread about cleaning products

Also Me Today: Ok ready for dishes!… Vacuums and sanitizes the lazy susan cabinets… TCS Break…

Still Me: Gonna wash those dishes next so I can make my Crab Deviled Eggs and roast the chickpeas for Easter dinner salad!… I should dust…

:dunno:

Hope my mom isn’t expecting me to get my kids just yet.:rolleyes2:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I washed all the dishes, got more laundry done, etc. And I realized what my problem was today… I had way more energy than usual and a lot less responsibility. If I could keep that up for a week or so I’d be golden.

But now the energy crash is real and this salad for dinner sounds like too much work too chew. :rolleyes2: :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ah, MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , I get like that. But with me, walking to the kitchen to get a glass of tea will do it! Hopefully, this ablation on the 4th will work, and I really do feel like a kitten again! I think that there are cans in my pantry that are two years out of date! I have to check EVERYTHING before I use it!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been working from home since March 2020. The girls have gotten used to having me around all the time. Sophie has gotten super attached to me. I'm not complaining. Spending more time with them is a dream come true. Here's the thing. Sophie HATES it when I leave the house. I do have to go grocery shopping which I do once a week at most. Sometimes it's once every two weeks because I also get stuff delivered.

Tonight I ordered a sandwich from Jimmy John's. They only deliver within 2 miles of the store so I don't get delivery where I am. I have to pick it up. Tonight I went to change out of the pajama type clothes I usually wear to "acceptable in public" clothes. Sophie sees me change and panics. She runs around on the bed and follows me around the house whining loudly. I keep telling her, "Mama will be right back. Everything is OK". I go pick it up and come back. I get home and happened to look at the kitchen window. There she is staring out the window waiting for me. My baby. I went inside and she was sitting on the chest freezer I keep in the kitchen. It's right next to the windows that look into the driveway. I gave her a hug and told her I was home now. About 30 minutes later I went into my room to get cleaned up and change into pajamas. She followed me and when she saw me grabbing a change of clothes, she stood on my knee and started hollering. I had to tell her, "Sweetie, mommy isn't going anywhere." She went and crashed on top of the mini fridge I keep in my room. Keeping tabs on me is clearly an exhausting job.

This is the cat that the shelter worker told me I should ignore because she wasn't friendly and none of the employees or volunteers were able to bond with her. She's my feline soul mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.