What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, is it really ketchup if it isn't sweet? I've had organic ketchup that's very good, but it had organic sugar. Is that just vinegared tomato sauce? I'm sure you could find something to do with it but I don't think it's going to taste like any other ketchup.

Edit: the Amazon reviews are very good, some say it tastes pretty much like any other ketchup, so idk :dunno: . Maybe the natural sweetness of the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar is enough?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it would taste more like tomato sauce than ketchup. I mean even my sauce has a little sugar in it. I think it would be very acidic. It could be good; but maybe not a ketchup replacement if you are expecting that.

I had a burger from a little café last week that had a tomato jam on it that was sweet. They had had some other kind of sauce on it too with cheese and arugula. It was actually amazing and I don't normally mix sweet and savory like that.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having severe stomach pain when I eat and even when I haven't eaten yet. It's starting to concern me. I don't know what is causing it but I wish it would stop.
Is it your stomach or lower? You need to have it checked out.
About 6 months ago I had a severe pain in my lower abdomen. Felt like real bad cramps, but I don't have this anymore. Turned out to be a 5 cm abscess. It almost killed me.

Get this checked out. It could be something simple like acid reflux, or something worse like a hiatal hernia. Please go to the doctor.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it your stomach or lower? You need to have it checked out.
About 6 months ago I had a severe pain in my lower abdomen. Felt like real bad cramps, but I don't have this anymore. Turned out to be a 5 cm abscess. It almost killed me.

Get this checked out. It could be something simple like acid reflux, or something worse like a hiatal hernia. Please go to the doctor.
I had a similar bad feeling back in '05. The sudden pain came on after a couple of hours of misery I sought out Medical attention. It turned out to be Pancreatitis from a burst appendix . I ended up in the hospital for 11 days.

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Ice storm #2 of the spring season and more enormous pine branches down in the back. Haven’t even removed the branches from the first storm! I bought a small battery operated chain saw last year and it looks like I will have a chance to use it. They are actually safer than the gas ones because as soon as you take your hand off of the trigger it stops running.
Ooo, do you like them and are they safe to use? Do they come w chargers?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh boy, okay. I will make an appointment asap.
My thought was maybe an ulcer. Either way its good to check stuff out. It could be anything; but they’ll know what to test.

My dad actually had his appendix problems caught by his last colonoscopy. It showed up on that so they sent him for a scan before he left. The surgeon told him there was a lot of scar tissue and it had burst several times. He said they used to think that wasn’t possible but hes seen it many times in the operating room now. Thankfully his case wasn’t an emergency because of how they caught it so he was able to wait a few weeks for surgery and it was relatively minor for him.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it's more in the pelvic area, the pain could be caused by a ruptured or hemorrhagic ovarian cyst. I recently had one and was in severe pain for 3 weeks. An ultrasound was needed to diagnosis it. There wasn't anything the doctor could do other than recommend rest, a heat pad if needed, and Tylenol.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooo, do you like them and are they safe to use? Do they come w chargers?
I bought a Ryobi chainsaw because it uses the same battery packs as my other Ryobi tools, so I already had a charger. I think it’s safer than a gas one because it will shut off if you take your hand off and it’s much lighter. But this will be my first opportunity to use it and new tools are always sort of scary at first.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a Ryobi chainsaw because it uses the same battery packs as my other Ryobi tools, so I already had a charger. I think it’s safer than a gas one because it will shut off if you take your hand off and it’s much lighter. But this will be my first opportunity to use it and new tools are always sort of scary at first.
I too have purchased battery pack tools. A few months ago I bought a Black & Decker Reciprocating Saw and the larger size 4.0Ah, 20v lithium battery. I had such good luck with this first tool I've since purchased a new B&D jigsaw and can use the same battery.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH has several tools use that use batteries like that. I think even the weed whacker now. Or maybe it was the leaf blower. :think: It’s nice to grab the drill with the battery and just get to it. I wouldn’t replace something just to have a battery version; but if you’re buying one already it’s nice. DH is tall and not having cords pulling back on heavier yard tools is helpful

I got him the mini chainsaw someone recommended here last Christmas but he hasn’t had a chance to use it yet. He should soon though. It’s almost time for our first mowing of the season!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm having an interesting evening by proxie. About half an hour ago, seven police cars FLEW into our parking lot. Everyone got out and ran into the woods. They're still all in there. No gun shots, which is good. I did go and double-check the deadbolts on both doors. And the window locks. I have no clue what is going on, but at least it isn't at one of the apartments.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having an interesting evening by proxie. About half an hour ago, seven police cars FLEW into our parking lot. Everyone got out and ran into the woods. They're still all in there. No gun shots, which is good. I did go and double-check the deadbolts on both doors. And the window locks. I have no clue what is going on, but at least it isn't at one of the apartments.
You likely will have a interesting tale to tell tomorrow.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My thought was maybe an ulcer. Either way its good to check stuff out. It could be anything; but they’ll know what to test.

My dad actually had his appendix problems caught by his last colonoscopy. It showed up on that so they sent him for a scan before he left. The surgeon told him there was a lot of scar tissue and it had burst several times. He said they used to think that wasn’t possible but hes seen it many times in the operating room now. Thankfully his case wasn’t an emergency because of how they caught it so he was able to wait a few weeks for surgery and it was relatively minor for him.
I had my appendix removed when I was 13 and I still have pain there. I wonder if it has anything to do with my stomach pain. When it's hurting, I apply a little bit of pressure and I can feel the pain in my stomach (feeling nauseous) and also where my appendix used to be. It's like a dull ache.

Had my first visit ever from not-a-cat. I don't know how to resolve this issue.
20220331_201851.jpg
20220331_203103.jpg

Last edited:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my appendix removed when I was 13 and I still have pain there. I wonder if it has anything to do with my stomach pain. When it's hurting, I apply a little bit of pressure and I can feel the pain in my stomach (feeling nauseous) and also where my appendix used to be. It's like a dull ache.

Had my first visit ever from not-a-cat. I don't know how to resolve this issue.
View attachment 415652View attachment 415653
Unfortunately, if you leave food out Raccoons will come. Mine show up late at night so I set some food out in early evening and the cats seem to have figure out show up early or get nothing.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, if you leave food out Raccoons will come. Mine show up late at night so I set some food out in early evening and the cats seem to have figure out show up early or get nothing.
Yeah, I think I'll have to change their feeding time again. The not-a-cat was not afraid of us at all. Just continued to eat. Even picking up the pieces that fell out of the dish and on to the floor.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the April Fools Day trick the world played on me.
20220401_082206.jpg

Thankfully, I think it's melting.

I can't decide if J's eczema is getting better or not. I don't think it's getting worse at least. I'm trying to keep it moisturized.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. We had thunderstorms on Tuesday night. . .and then woke up to 2-3 inches of snow/slush. But the plows have hardly been out all winter, so I suppose it's good for them to get oiled up this late in the season. And we needed the moisture. But it's still kinda weird. We do occasionally have snow storms in April but usually only after a snowy winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.