What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder VanX, having no idea of your situation, whether there any upshoot things going on. By that I mean people doing a community garden, or putting bees on rooftops for honey, or just some small thing to jazz up what sounds like grim shopping options. 🐝
Community gardens don't seem to be popular in my area. Largely because it mainly Rural anyway. Farms are nearby perhaps 2 to 3 miles away. My community has a farmers market twice a week. Plus there's a Food Coop. In the community.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie let me know yesterday the solution to the problem of Boone making Gracie hiss at him every morning. Just let it happen. She doesn't mind it. I was more upset about it than her.

Boone woke me up at 0530 yesterday chasing Gracie around and Gracie repeatedly hissing at him. Happened a couple times before I finally put Boone in a bedroom. Of course he cried. Worked himself up so much that he started panting.

Then I noticed something. Instead of Gracie being relieved that Boone couldn't chase and annoy her, she was concerned. She kept sticking her paw under the bedroom door. She just sat there until I let him out an hour later.

So now, I am letting Boone chase her as around the house a couple times while getting hissed at and then it's over for the rest of the day. It's almost like they both need to get it out of their system first thing in the morning and then they are fine the rest of the day.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie let me know yesterday the solution to the problem of Boone making Gracie hiss at him every morning. Just let it happen. She doesn't mind it. I was more upset about it than her.

Boone woke me up at 0530 yesterday chasing Gracie around and Gracie repeatedly hissing at him. Happened a couple times before I finally put Boone in a bedroom. Of course he cried. Worked himself up so much that he started panting.

Then I noticed something. Instead of Gracie being relieved that Boone couldn't chase and annoy her, she was concerned. She kept sticking her paw under the bedroom door. She just sat there until I let him out an hour later.

So now, I am letting Boone chase her as around the house a couple times while getting hissed at and then it's over for the rest of the day. It's almost like they both need to get it out of their system first thing in the morning and then they are fine the rest of the day.
I have this problem all the time with my two girls. They will be quietly grooming each other which always leads to a fight. Not violent, just a lot of swatting and hissing. Or I will hear Onsa scream and get up to find her head in Samai's mouth. Samai is much, much bigger, so it's Onsa's entire head. They run around and chase and hiss at each other, I just yell at them and they usually quit.
The only time I have to really intervene is when Samai goes after Kumal. She doesn't like the intrusion into HER family and she means business. Kumal is such a kind, gentle cat and he doesn't fight back.
Samai is a bully.

FYI, Onsa and Samai are siblings. Kumal is the outsider.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this safe to use in a house with cats? The Pledge spray I usually use is out of stock, so I ordered the Antibacterial one. It has Benzyl Ammonium Chlorides in it. Is this gonna kill my cats if I use it? Too late to cancel it.

1648413584449.png

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this safe to use in a house with cats? The Pledge spray I usually use is out of stock, so I ordered the Antibacterial one. It has Benzyl Ammonium Chlorides in it. Is this gonna kill my cats if I use it? Too late to cancel it.

View attachment 415095
I use it all the time. Are your cats known to lick things? Or are you worried if they walk through it? Just make sure you wipe it well and should be fine.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use it all the time. Are your cats known to lick things? Or are you worried if they walk through it? Just make sure you wipe it well and should be fine.
You use the Antibacterial one? I have used the regular trigger spray for many years, their entire lives. But that one doesn't have Ammonium in it like the Antibacterial one. I do a quick wipe of my desk and keyboard every morning. It seems to dry fast, but it worries me.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You use the Antibacterial one? I have used the regular trigger spray for many years, their entire lives. But that one doesn't have Ammonium in it like the Antibacterial one. I do a quick wipe of my desk and keyboard every morning. It seems to dry fast, but it worries me.
Yes, that is what I use

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I went outside for some fresh air and this cat walked across the street to my house and sat down. He kept looking at me so I walked away a little bit. He walked to the food dish I have out and then walked a little bit away as if to ask me if I have anything to eat. I told him to wait and I went inside and grabbed a can of wet food for him. I emptied it into the dish and left it out. I came back inside and watched him from the door. He ate and finished and then looked at me one last time as to say 'thank you' and then he limped away back across the street. I think I've seen him before but he has never walked up to me or interacted with me. He looks like he needs some medical attention. He looks underweight and is walking oddly. Something is also not right with his right ear. I'm still waiting on trap rental from the humane society.
20220329_1102350.jpg
20220329_110220.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.