What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cousin and I have had some discussions about the complexity of what people deal with lately. Shes a licensed mental health counselor; but specializes in addictions. We’ve seen things both professionally, in our family and in ourselves. I think that’s why she has such a deep interest in it and compassion for her clients. Complex is definitely a good word for it. How things manifest can be so different and different at different times.

One big one lately has been realizing how easily some things trigger from those old hurts/situations. I think sometimes all we can do is use the tools we’ve learned to cope and trudge through it one foot at a time. Till it passes or we find another way to help ourselves get through it.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
So I decided not to go to my uncles celebration of life as I figured it would just create unnecessary drama.

Instead, I sent memorial gifts to the cousins, my aunt, and the oldest grandchild (13 yrs). I really like the one I got for the granddaughter, it’s a beaded bracelet that says “You will always walk beside me” in morse code.
I also sent condolence cards with a letter focused on my memories of my uncle through the years. I made sure to put my contact info at the bottom of the letter.

Today was the CoL.
I sent a very nice flower arrangement to the memorial site, I asked for something woodsy but not christmasy. Even though he had a Christmas tree business for a good 30 years, I thought that would be a little too “on the nose” for the occasion. The florist sent me a picture, and I think she did a great job.

Now to see if any of them actually reach out.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My trivial debate with myself this morning:

I got up extra early because I’m expecting a delivery this morning with a 4hour window. It’s coming any minute.

Now do I go treat myself to Dunkin coffee or make some myself? 🤔 😇

(Both my kids are still sleeping! Even the nosey one!)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My trivial debate with myself this morning:

I got up extra early because I’m expecting a delivery this morning with a 4hour window. It’s coming any minute.

Now do I go treat myself to Dunkin coffee or make some myself? 🤔 😇

(Both my kids are still sleeping! Even the nosey one!)
The correct answer is treat yourself to Dunkin with a fun flavor swirl you can't do at home.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The correct answer is treat yourself to Dunkin with a fun flavor swirl you can't do at home.
And that’s what I did. :biggrin: I was going to get a latte but the app must be having issues because none of my rewards are showing and I couldn’t chat with anyone (I got a technical difficulties message on their website.) so I went with a good cold brew and some donuts for the kids.

DH text me that we are out of cucumbers because Dunkin is right by a grocery store; but I told him I wasn’t dressed for it.:paperbag: I mean i was dressed; just in a sundress I normally don’t go anywhere in.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here happened to own a Generac Generator? If so are you happy with it ?

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here happened to own a Generac Generator? If so are you happy with it ?
I do and I am. The only maintenance it’s ever needed in 5 years is just to fill it with oil when it gets low. A little light will come on if something is wrong, and you can have it serviced. It turns itself on, once a week, and though that’s fairly loud, it doesn’t last long. But, I’m also glad I have solar…if the lights go out, I have options.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do and I am. The only maintenance it’s ever needed in 5 years is just to fill it with oil when it gets low. A little light will come on if something is wrong, and you can have it serviced. It turns itself on, once a week, and though that’s fairly loud, it doesn’t last long. But, I’m also glad I have solar…if the lights go out, I have options.
Thanks for your opinion. Hopefully by the middle of September I will have my Generac home visit. Did you get more than one price quote? Doing solar isn't as easy a prospect for me as I'm in a Condo. As the other owners have to agree.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is your solar set up so you can use it in an outage? I was reading that most are cut off because if they are feeding electricity back into the lines it’s dangerous for the linemen. It said there was a way you could do it but it seemed expensive.

My kids and I were discussing solar power earlier after we saw an oversized truck going down the highway and DS thought it was carrying the frame for a big setup. I think he was right too. He surprises me with what he knows sometimes.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your opinion. Hopefully by the middle of September I will have my Generac home visit. Did you get more than one price quote? Doing solar isn't as easy a prospect for me as I'm in a Condo. As the other owners have to agree.
I live in the middle of nowhere, so, there’s only one company that can feasibly do it. You might have better luck where you are, getting different quotes. You can get “off the grid” with solar. You can also have batteries (of many different sizes) and make them portable.I have to say w/ solar, it’s nice to get an invoice in the mail that says “zero due.” You can also get a lot of tax deductions for solar, which is delightful surprise, come tax time. Goal Zero is a great company, for portable batteries, for cabins or your truck, etc.

Last edited:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
to those that lived through hurricane katrina , im sorry that you had to live through something like this ! my grandpa died after hurricane rita came and tore texas apart ... hurricanes are nothing nice at all :sniffle: :hearthrob:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It happened. Some teenage boys in a car were checking out DD when she went to get groceries with me today. I mean they sure weren’t checking ME out.

I had to break it to DH that it was very obvious. He seemed to need a minute to process it.

She was either oblivious or hiding it really well. She tends to be shy. But still. Boys who can drive are definitely too old for her. And no dating till shes 25!! :smash:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol: i got to watch my baby cousin and his wife become"those parents"you know the ones the waiters,food servers give that control your kid look at while serving your food after dodging the lil kid runnning all over underfoot:lol:the lil guy is only 2 and a half years old.cant sit still and always good for a laugh with his antics that drive his parents nuts:lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol: i got to watch my baby cousin and his wife become"those parents"you know the ones the waiters,food servers give that control your kid look at while serving your food after dodging the lil kid runnning all over underfoot:lol:the lil guy is only 2 and a half years old.cant sit still and always good for a laugh with his antics that drive his parents nuts:lol:
That's going to be us once we can't fit J in a high chair at restaurants anymore. 🤦‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.