What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking back, I can’t think of any sofa that ever stood up to one of our cats, but, leather lasted longer and cardboard scratchers certainly help.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try these for pet and kid friendly sofa options:

Thanks for that...giving me some ideas on fabrics and such

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I still need to come up with a new system for organizing our files and bills when they come in. Right now we have a cubby with a door on the desk that we put all the bills and important papers that come in. The checkbook and stamps go there. But the desk is going to DD's room this weekend and DH will get to put together the new stuff from Ikea for us. So it's going to have to have a spot on the new shelf or in the base cabinet part.

I've looked at hanging file boxes for the papers we do need copies of. I just need to check measurements on it to be sure it fits. But I don't know if I want something enclosed for the incoming mail/bills/etc or something that can be hidden. I may have to just try setting the divider thing on the shelf and see how we like it. As long as it's secure I guess.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so stupid.
There was a bug on my window screen and without thinking I smashed it in my fingers. I thought it was a different bug than it was. Turns out it was a baby tarantula wasp (also called a tarantula hawk)
The numbness is finally going away but even though it was a baby, the pain is still incredible. My family is hovering over me but all I can do is laugh at my stupidity.

FYI, don't squish one with your hands. (or any other bare part of your body)

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so stupid.
There was a bug on my window screen and without thinking I smashed it in my fingers. I thought it was a different bug than it was. Turns out it was a baby tarantula wasp (also called a tarantula hawk)
The numbness is finally going away but even though it was a baby, the pain is still incredible. My family is hovering over me but all I can do is laugh at my stupidity.

FYI, don't squish one with your hands. (or any other bare part of your body)
ouch i have read the stings are pretty bad from those hope your ok

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ouch i have read the stings are pretty bad from those hope your ok
So upon closer inspection, without my glasses I mistook the orange abdomen for wings.
It turns out it was a thread waisted wasp. Works on the same principle as a tarantula wasp but not nearly as painful and they do it to caterpillars instead of tarantulas. I liken it to the one and only time I was tagged by my snake (100% my fault).
It still hurts a lot and my thumb is still slightly numb, but I'm ok.

We have an abundance of tarantula hawks this time of year, so I automatically went that direction with this when I saw the orange/red color on it.
My mistake...sorry

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't understand why my toddler loves the beach, the pool, and the splash pad, but utterly hates baths.
Because you want her to get in and get clean instead of dirty.

I would play Car Wash with DS. It worked once. :rolleyes2: He got more showers than baths because it just wasn’t worth it. He was forever trying to walk around the tub anyway. The handheld shower head was the best investment!:rolleyes2:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a warning to beware of fake txt messages like these

CHASE BANK ALERT: We detected an unusual attempt at 4840 Shawline St, CA 92111. If this was not you, use the secured link to verify your identity and secure your account: https://scur03-04chse-inc.my03.com/?login
I keep getting those about my paypal account. "your paypal account has been suspended, please go to ...."
Good for it, let my non existent paypal account have problems.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep getting those about my paypal account. "your paypal account has been suspended, please go to ...."
Good for it, let my non existent paypal account have problems.
I received one of those PayPal messages recently. I ignored it as I haven't had a PayPal account for several years.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep getting texts about my Capital One card. I do have several cards but none of them are from Capital One.

Nor do I have a car with an extended warranty.
I actually have a car with an extended warranty, but why would I talk to anybody other than the dealership about that warranty?

My main "fraud prevention" is not answering my phone unless I recognize the number, lol.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you ever have a day where you’ve planned it all out and about 5 things happen one after the other that send you on a completely different course? At the end of which you’re kind of going: “Wha?” It feels like being a pinball, not the person pushing the flippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.