What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep getting texts about my Capital One card. I do have several cards but none of them are from Capital One.

I actually have a car with an extended warranty, but why would I talk to anybody other than the dealership about that warranty?

My main "fraud prevention" is not answering my phone unless I recognize the number, lol.
I as well received a message saying that I needed to contact the Company with regard to my extended warranty. That seemed odd to me so I called my Salesperson at the dealership where I bought my car. He said once the initial extended warranty was set nothing further was needed. So just ignore that message.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
THANK you, am such a ditz with “new” technology!
I completely understand! These things get more and more complicated. I just spent two hours setting up a new iPad Air for my technology-challenged husband and showing him how to use it. I’ll have to show him again, though. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today at the vet:

Frozen Lelia: vet looks in her mouth, literally knocks some tartar off her back teeth with her finger and is like "I bought you some time. She won't need a dental just yet."

Sparke on gabapentin, wrapped in a towel and still growling: vet uses a stick to look in her mouth and is all "yeah, she's going to need a dental cleaning"

To be fair, her teeth did look a lot worse than Lelia's, but of course it's the difficult one that needs extra work.

I feel like a superhero for bringing them both to the vet at the same time. I've never done that before.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Weather is changing and the first signs of fall - cool nights. This morning I needed slippers and turns off the fans. I think I am going to start switching my summer decor for fall things. They are my favorites to look at.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you ever have a day where you’ve planned it all out and about 5 things happen one after the other that send you on a completely different course? At the end of which you’re kind of going: “Wha?” It feels like being a pinball, not the person pushing the flippers.
Many days when my kids were little!! Not my favorite days!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is going to sound like a big pity party for me, but I am really going through some things and need somewhere to say something.
I have been going through a bit of a pretty strong depression on top of my anxiety. They go hand-in-hand with my CPTSD, but my depression has been worse over the last couple of months. I have been feeling particularly useless and hopeless.Cleaning has been a struggle, so my house is a mess. I even stopped doing my compression therapy for my lipedema. I have talked to my therapist and my psychologist about it. They agree it has a lot to do with my husband changing jobs and the fact that I am essentially isolated the majority of the time. Sure, I have Hobbit here, but it is not the same or enough. My husband gets home between 5:30 and 6, but he tends to go to bed between 8:45 and 10, depending on how tired he is.

I have been sleeping worse. I go to bed between 4 am and 6 am. I get up at 7 when his alarm goes off to spend about half an hour with him while he gets ready for work. I then go back to bed until about 8:30/9. (I do not set an alarm. I just wake up.) Hobbit is awake between 9 and 10 most days.

We used to be able to text often while he was at his other job because of the nature of it, but now he only texts once or twice during his break. (Obviously, he needs time to get his lunch and eat, so I am not faulting him for this.)

My therapist suggested that I try to go to bed earlier. My husband mentioned it, too. I used to not be able to go to sleep until the sun was up, so 4 is a big improvement. Regardless of that, I do not see how going to bed earlier will help with my loneliness and depression. Say I go to bed at 10. I will be awake by 1. 2 at the latest. This is while taking sleep medication. In fact, not only am I on medication specifically for sleep, but every medication I take has a warning on it that it will make me sleepy. Going to bed early just shifts when I am alone. It does nothing to change it or make it in any way better.

I spent time thinking about my "friends." I do not really have any. I have acquaintances. Some I have known a long time, but they are not really my friends when it comes down to it. I can go six months without talking to most of them. I have my friend who is in prison, but I do not talk to her about things like this because it seems wrong to complain to someone who is in prison. I had another friend with whom I was rather close, but events pushed us apart recently. Today is his birthday. I want to tell him happy birthday, but I feel as if it would be unwelcome.

My daughter and I had a falling out. I am currently deeply hurt by her. She had borderline personality disorder and stopped seeing her therapist and taking her medication, so I know that she is inclined to say cruel things when she is upset. (She takes everything as a personal attack, and, despite saying she loves me more than anyone other than Hobbit, she tends to lash out at me the most.) She has said some particularly cruel things the last couple of weeks, and I just cannot handle it as I normally do. To make things worse, she has Covid for the third time, making her extra miserable and irritable. I do not want to talk to my husband or my son about it because they will look harshly upon her because I am the one who always seems to get hurt in these situations.I would say she cannot help it, but she was better when she was being treated for it.

This past weekend,my husband helped me get the house kind of back in order because his mother and sister visited. I had hoped I could finish what we started and keep up with what was finished. So far, I am failing.

Since I have not done my compression for about a month and a half, my legs and arms are swelling again. Not nearly as much as before, but they are both roughly an inch larger. Some days, they are worse than that. My waist is about 1/2" bigger than when it was last measured. I made the depressing choice to measure myself today, so I know that it is true. I am attempting to motivate myself with that, though. I compared these measurements with the very first ones I took. In total, I am 52.7" smaller than what I was in April. 66.05" if I calculate in both legs and arms. (I only measure one leg and one arm. I have lost 8" off of my left thigh.) So, I made myself put on my compression stuff and set goals for 1 December. Maybe that will help me.

If you have read all of this, thank you for listening.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right now, I am thinking about Elphaba09 Elphaba09 . :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: And as someone who has worked in prison, it may be helpful to discuss what is going on with you to your friend. She likely understands you most, and may have some insight to provide. Take care of yourself. And please don't worry about it if your house is not neat. You are not failing, you just have a lot going on right now.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, I am thinking about Elphaba09 Elphaba09 . :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: And as someone who has worked in prison, it may be helpful to discuss what is going on with you to your friend. She likely understands you most, and may have some insight to provide. Take care of yourself. And please don't worry about it if your house is not neat. You are not failing, you just have a lot going on right now.
Thank you.
She has a 15-year sentence and gets released in the spring of 2024. I feel bad telling her that I feel depressed and lonely when I have so many reasons to be happy while she is missing out on the lives of her children and two grandchildren. Technically, she knows my depression and anxiety have been extra bad because I had to explain why I have not been sending her multiple Jpays each week. In fact, I am upset with myself because I went nearly two weeks without sending her anything. I know how depressed and lonely she has been.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Doesn’t sound like a pity party at all, Elphaba09 Elphaba09 . It sounds like some difficult stuff.

I have a friend who lives on the other side of the country who’s going through a rough time (she lives alone), and she takes a book and goes to coffee shops and dog parks. (She doesn’t have a dog, but people at dog parks are pretty friendly. She just tells them she lost her dog and likes to be around them.) But the reason she does it, she says, is that being in those environments surrounds her with energy and vibrancy…with life. Sometimes she chats with people, usually she doesn’t, but it helps her with her loneliness and depression. It gets her out and moving, and she has fun people-watching. Just one person’s strategy!🤗

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory and Margot Lane Margot Lane
Thank you. Unfortunately, my CPTSD keeps me pretty much housebound. I have difficulty going to the store and interacting with people in public. I sometimes like to go for drives alone, but, when I get home, I have panic attacks because I think my ex-husband is inside waiting for me.It kind of puts a damper on the whole thing.

Margot Lane, in some ways, I can see that. I have a lot of anger toward my ex-husband still. I always will. But, I think the majority of my depression comes from being a social introvert (weird, I know!) who has no real "social" aspect and from being alone the majority of the day.

I feel extra guilty about it all because I should be happy and my depression and anxiety hurt my husband. He thinks that it is some failing of his. It really is not. He is wonderful. I would never expect or burden him with the responsibility of making me feel less depressed or anxious. Yes, he makes me happy, but the depression and anxiety are always there.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
506D8617-F296-4ACC-BFB7-DA7A1B20D502.png

This is a screen shot from Bruce Lee’s website. (I don’t do “links.” 😆). Not telling you to do martial arts or anything but I have found his wisdom sage, nonetheless. I find facing the darkness to be empowering, and this link -for me anyway- offers health, hope & great insight).

Status
Not open for further replies.