What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where may I acquire some ?

Wool dryer balls? Pretty much anywhere these days. I bought my set from Etsy from a seller who no longer has a shop there despite being highly popular and being featured in magazines and tv shows. Of course Amazon is the usual go-to place to buy anything under the sun. Amazon's Handmade section is similar to Etsy, featuring people selling their handmade items and there are some dryer balls listed: Amazon Handmade dryer balls

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How goes it with Electrolux? I ask in part, cos I’m using my neighbor’s washing machine, and it’s a rare treat! If you decide to go the route of getting your money back, this one’s a sturdy clear top loader, and it’s great watching it “think” about how much water to use. Very quiet. It says it’s an LG inverter direct drive. (I realized why I love the name of yours so much: Lux Old Time Radio! Good stuff w/ Orson Welles etc).
Electrolux Corporate sent a Sears Appliance Repairman yesterday Arriving about 5:30pm. He ran the washer through several cycles. Two error codes popped up. As suspected the Timer is the culprit. The timer stops at 6 minutes remaining , thus the high speed spin cycle won't engage. A new Circuit Board is needed. Upon leaving the repairman ordered the necessary parts. They should arrive at my home in a week or so. The downside is the repairman won't be back until August 23rd.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have a detachable clothes line on my deck. Though this summer it interferes with my plants.
Just so YOU know (or anybody else) (not that anyone would do this except stupid tomboy me): IF you managed to get pen ink on the inside of your dryer THE ONLY THING that takes it off is nail varnish remover. I have saved you time and money by telling you on TCS for sure that no other product works. :rolleyes3:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm looking for a desk and chair setup for DS for the school year. Which starts in 3 weeks... We are going to try active seating to help him with his handwriting and attention. He likes to recline with his books on his knees. Part of me understands because we have a pub height table; so his feet dangle. But anything with handwriting required became a big fight last year; so something HAS to be done.

He's a few inches short for an adult size desk but too tall for children's desks. I'm also out of room here in the house. So I'm trying to decide between a folding desk or something height adjustable. And then choose between a wobble stool and a yoga ball chair. I even found the library study desks with 3 sides around it for privacy and removing distractions for sale. If I had the space that might be the answer! :lol:

If I find something that doesn't fold I'd have to get rid of my own desk and find something for the printer, wifi & router and other stuff stored on my desk. I guess there is no perfect solution. Unless someone buys me a house. Or a We-Shed that can be our little school house. I'll hang a bell outside... :flail:

:rolleyes3:i give up on the dunkins by my house its to dissapointing went thre with gf for doughnuts they didnt even have any for sale. always somthing with this spot each time i go never once got any fresh ones any of the times i went there😭
I read that as drunks instead of dunkins. It was confusing why drunks would be selling doughnuts. I need a nap. :doh: Also my DS is EXTRA chatty right now. He's tossing his stuffed cat in different ways asking me if I know what kind of flip each one is. Apparently I'm completely uninformed when it comes to flips.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I rented a u-haul cargo van and my boyfriend drove it. We went to pick up the rest of my things at my parents house. My dad was there but didn't give us any trouble and actually helped. It was around 300km collectively (going and coming). The van was surprisingly good on gas! It didn't drop much from full tank (we got it on a full tank). My boyfriend also helped me organize the storage unit. I couldn't have done it without him. Now my adult life truly begins I guess. :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just checking out weather for the week. While our highs remain in the 80’s, we have a couple of mid 50’s for the low. Depending on how fast the house cools down I will either need to turn the heat on or get out a heavy winter blanket. Have to love Minnesota.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Been on a British forum for mothers, I go there almost every day, just for fun. BOY, are they upset! It's way hot for them, in the upper 80s an 90s, electricity bills are running over 400 pounds per month ($479.00) and only 2% of homes there have air conditioning! Can you imagine how much it would cost if they DID have AC???

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What's the going rate for pet sitting these days in a large urban area? I've been asked to pet sit for 2 cats and one dog over Labor Day weekend. One of the cats needs to be pilled twice a day. The dog (cocker spaniel) may have to stay at my place or the owner will board the dog. I'll get more info about why the dog needs someone overnight when I meet the pets this weekend. I need to factor in a $30-ish Uber ride to do the evening pilling and check of the cats. Is $150 for the weekend reasonable? It's far less than boarding just the dog for a single day at holiday rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.