What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
The sad saga of the poor functioning brand new Electrolux Washing Machine Continues. The machine won't spin clothes dry. Once the cycle is over the clothes are still soaked. Paid a instore visit to the appliance business where The washer was purchased . Got a bit of a run Around IMO. Supposedly they are short Of repairmen so we have to wait till next Monday. What a disappointment this $1199.00 washer is. I hope there's better news next week.
On the plus side it has a great name!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Should I or shouldn't I
My new neighbors in a one bedroom apt park their car in front of thier attached garage so I can't pull out. They are home now. Should I knock on thier door 11 pm or have my mom take me to work and start parking outside? It's understandable that parking is hard with no where to park
I would really hesitate to knock on someone's door at that hour; but if you can't get out to get to work you'll probably have to soon. They should understand. They don't give you 2 spaces to park for each unit? I mean a couple sharing a 1 bedroom isn't some strange/rare concept.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I would really hesitate to knock on someone's door at that hour; but if you can't get out to get to work you'll probably have to soon. They should understand. They don't give you 2 spaces to park for each unit? I mean a couple sharing a 1 bedroom isn't some strange/rare concept.
2 garage apartments are aloud but not one so I have to very carefully inch out. I woke her up this morning to move her car. I come home when there's lots of spots to park but she comes home late. I don't want to have her kicked out. I park outside now

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
The sad saga of the poor functioning brand new Electrolux Washing Machine Continues. The machine won't spin clothes dry. Once the cycle is over the clothes are still soaked. Paid a instore visit to the appliance business where The washer was purchased . Got a bit of a run Around IMO. Supposedly they are short Of repairmen so we have to wait till next Monday. What a disappointment this $1199.00 washer is. I hope there's better news next week.
I remember reading something about lint being clogged. Is there a way to check that?

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember reading something about lint being clogged. Is there a way to check that?
Good point. Also if you don’t keep the vent cleaned out where the hot air is it could start a fire, eventually. I had to fiddle w the various settings on my dryer to get certain items dry, generally due to weight.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ivana (not Ivanka) Trump has passed away. She was 73: Ivana Trump, ex-wife of former President Trump, dies at age 73
I saw that. I wasn't really surprised, but NONE of the emojis seemed to fit...certainly not the "thumbs up," or the "heart" or the "laughing" ones. Nor do I overly care, nor am I sad, other than the knowledge that she was, after all, a fellow human being. Since that left NOTHING but the "surprised" one, I went with it, although at her age, it wasn't really shocking. We need a "thanks for telling us" emoji, but what on earth would it look like???

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good point. Also if you don’t keep the vent cleaned out where the hot air is it could start a fire, eventually. I had to fiddle w the various settings on my dryer to get certain items dry, generally due to weight.
This washing machine has only been used 3 times since being delivered. Hardly enough time too create a lint issue.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to contact Electrolux directly. I purchased an Electrolux fridge and a month or so in it started on its own dispensing water continuously. They had appliance warrenty people that came out and while it took three visits and ultimately an entirely new freezer door, they good to work with.
Should I or shouldn't I
My new neighbors in a one bedroom apt park their car in front of thier attached garage so I can't pull out. They are home now. Should I knock on thier door 11 pm or have my mom take me to work and start parking outside? It's understandable that parking is hard with no where to park
I would go over tomorrow or leave a note in their door.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to contact Electrolux directly. I purchased an Electrolux fridge and a month or so in it started on its own dispensing water continuously. They had appliance warrenty people that came out and while it took three visits and ultimately an entirely new freezer door, they good to work with.

Susan, I took your advice a gave a shout out to Eletrolux about my sick washer. After being hung up on once. I finally got through. Seems the customer service Representative needs too find a repairman outside the county I live in. And my wait will likely be till next Monday. I will be interesting whom shows up, the Appliance dealers repairman or someone else .

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise

Wish I had knocked on her door last night instead of waking her up in the morning. I assume they understand after I did that. I heard her roommate park at the garage last night then leave. Her friend probably told her.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last September, I noticed a small green puddle under the front of our vehicle. A trip to the shop confirmed that the A/C condenser was leaking. $800+ was required to fix it. Fast forward to last week, and another small green puddle. Yep, same problem. The part was warranteed, but not the labor, to the tune of $600. This after less than 3000 miles. From what the shop said, my problem is not an isolated one, but rather the quality control on many parts is right in the toilet. About 10 years ago, I had a similar problem, only with alternators. In fact, one of them lasted only a day before dying, and I went through 4 or 5 before I got a good one.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Wish I had knocked on her door last night instead of waking her up in the morning. I assume they understand after I did that. I heard her roommate park at the garage last night then leave. Her friend probably told her.
I came home from whole foods. Still light day. Plenty of parking in front. The car was there. It is aloud for them to do that. I wrote the leasing office a complaint.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:gf woke up and suggested we clean out our closets and donate stuff we dont wear much anymore. which i am ok with except that comment is totally suspect to my mind:lol:. knowing we have a planned trip down to carlsbad the 25th to 29th to "checkout" legoland too bad. its looking like an intense 4 day clothes shopping spree at all the outlets and stores available there:shocked::shocked:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:gf woke up and suggested we clean out our closets and donate stuff we dont wear much anymore. which i am ok with except that comment is totally suspect to my mind:lol:. knowing we have a planned trip down to carlsbad the 25th to 29th to "checkout" legoland too bad. its looking like an intense 4 day clothes shopping spree at all the outlets and stores available there:shocked::shocked:
I think you're right. It's a setup. It will be, "I NEED to shop. I just donated most of my clothes." :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, I've really been struggling these past couple months with parenting and emotionally and I feel like it's getting worse and not better. I'm feeling sad, frustrated, tired, and angry a lot of the time. I feel like I'm not being a good parent and I'm definitely not doing well with household upkeep. J's been waking up stupid early in the morning these past few days and that's making things 500 times worse. We may be failing heated milk (I'm waiting to see if there's a second reaction), and while I should be happy we got through cheese and yogurt, I'm so tired of having any restrictions. It's less than a week until my birthday and I always get depressed around this time, I think, and this year I'm not looking forward to spending it with my toddler screaming "up" in my face.

Anyway, sorry I haven't been participating much. I barely have energy to post my scores in the wordle thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.