What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're like 2 1/2 cents each ($3.87 for pack of 150, Equate brand), so, no, not expensive. I do feel bad about the waste. . .looks like they have refillable ones though. I might look into that when my current pack is gone.

But my gag reflex is hyperactive so there's absolutely no way I can wrap the floss around my fingers and jam my hands halfway into my mouth to get to the back, like I had to when I was a kid. I don't understand how other people do it but maybe my hand/mouth ratio is faulty, idk, lol.

Oh yeah, I use kid's fluoride mouthwash too. The kid's kind because I don't like the burn of the adult versions, and I'm not doing it for freshening reasons. My teeth came in soft (weak enamel) when I was little so I think they need extra surface fluoride. The pink lemonade flavor is the best :cool2:.

And I also have a waterpik (off-brand though) but that's messy so I don't use it very often.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH spent way too much on an electric brush at the dentist and hated it. I had one years ago that I liked at first; but eventually I didn’t feel as clean with it. Even with new parts and what not.

I don’t like the pick flossers. My kids use those. My teeth are very close together and flossing can be hard. I’m afraid to get the pick stuck in the back! :cringe: But I’ve found the regular floss does the best job. I was using Glide (DH’s preference.) but still having dental issues. It just wasn’t getting enough out. I’d go for a cleaning and feel like they must have thought I was lying about flossing! :rolleyes2: Everything has been so much better since I started using a kid size brush and regular floss. I just had a cleaning and my dentist said my gums looked great! After so many issues; praise from the dentist has me glowing. :lol2: I stopped getting tonsil stones when I switched to antiseptic mouthwash too.

Oh and I get to use PRINCESS toothbrushes!!👸 :biggrin: Or Starwars; if they are out of the pretty pink and purple princess ones.:biggrin:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought DD her first heeled shoes today. I’ve noticed most girls are wearing sneakers with dresses lately because their school dances have been outdoors on football fields and things. But she needed something for pants and a dress coming up. The shoe department was slim pickings in some ways; but we found ones that work.

Now she just needs to learn to walk in them! :lol:

The way I feel after shopping…you’d think I rebuilt my house brick by brick! Kinda fun; but exhausting!!:sleep2:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've NEVER been able to wear heels. I was born with club feet, and my mom just fell apart even thinking about the surgery I should have had. Braces and corrective shoes pretty much fixed it, but my ankles are too wobbly for any heel that is big and chunky. I need a good base to keep from falling over! Barefoot is when I feel most secure. LOL, I ended up flat on my face in my backyard two days ago, because I fell off of the side of a mule slipper!

GUESS WHAT! I have a new grandson, born in the early hours of Feb. 4th! Yep, Briggs is here, 20 days early, but a healthy 8 pounds, 2 ounces! Mama is doing well, with her mother in attendance, since Spawn One is at home recovering from COVID. Thankfully, it was Omicron, and he was double vaxxed and boosted, so his symptoms were very light. Mama and Briggs will stay at Other Gran's house until Spawn One is virus-free and the house cleaned.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barefoot is when I feel most secure.
I used to go barefoot, but it was hard on my feet, I always got calluses. So I switched to flip flops and shower shoes. Congrats on your new grandson! I love his name. Sorry about your son getting Corona though. When will it end? Hopefully soon...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I've NEVER been able to wear heels. I was born with club feet, and my mom just fell apart even thinking about the surgery I should have had. Braces and corrective shoes pretty much fixed it, but my ankles are too wobbly for any heel that is big and chunky. I need a good base to keep from falling over! Barefoot is when I feel most secure. LOL, I ended up flat on my face in my backyard two days ago, because I fell off of the side of a mule slipper!

GUESS WHAT! I have a new grandson, born in the early hours of Feb. 4th! Yep, Briggs is here, 20 days early, but a healthy 8 pounds, 2 ounces! Mama is doing well, with her mother in attendance, since Spawn One is at home recovering from COVID. Thankfully, it was Omicron, and he was double vaxxed and boosted, so his symptoms were very light. Mama and Briggs will stay at Other Gran's house until Spawn One is virus-free and the house cleaned.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::grouphug2::grouphug2::grouphug2::party2:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BABY BRIGGS!!!! :bday::bday::bday::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in the process of building a composting toilet since my travel trailer doesn't have one for some reason. It's coming along okay, I made some mistakes but they are purely cosmetic. It will function great. I'm wondering if I should go over the wood with tung oil. The mdf absorbs moisture so easily.
20220205_0845011.jpg
20220205_084426.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles she's growing up! How tall of heels did she get? Kittens, stilettos, or in between?
They are basically these.

So 2" heels, but chunky. She has always had a thin heel and even ballet flats just flopped around on her feet. So something with an ankle strap should be good.
Wow. Time flies. Heels already? I never wear heels 'cause I'm as tall as a skyscraper. Plus I'm a klutz and would probably fall. I like washable shower shoes. I wash them every night. Hee hee.
She's already taller than me. The shoe selection out there is pretty limited right now; but she needed something nice for a couple outfits. I thought the pants were going to be way too long on her; but they have such a high waist they sat well. So 2" heels is enough but not too much. I see boots with dresses are popular still; but they wouldn't have matched the dress pants.

The pants are BELL BOTTOMS. :flail:Black velvet bell bottoms! :flail:

I was sure the blouse would be too short. All the juniors tops look like they would fit a toddler! Thankfully the pants are all so high waisted they make up for the shorter shirts so nothing shows. She's not even comfortable showing her midriff thankfully!

Congratulations!! DD came at 37 weeks but wasn't even 7 pounds.

I used to love heels but after my first pregnancy I just couldn't wear them anymore. The pain wasn't worth it. I've heard women say they had to train their feet to wear them again. I just don't think it's worth it. I mean I add arch support to all my shoes these days! I would still wear heeled boots if I could do that without pain. Or wedges. But not any thin heels. That ship has sailed and I don't know if she'll ever come back to port. ;)

Imagine what he would have weighed if he'd come on time!
For real! :crazy: I have one friend who consistently has 9 & 10 pound babies. I think all were born around their due dates. No diabetes. She and her husband are average size people. They just make big babies I guess!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Congratulations! :cheerleader:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are basically these.

So 2" heels, but chunky. She has always had a thin heel and even ballet flats just flopped around on her feet. So something with an ankle strap should be good.
Super cute! I can see those going well with a nice pair of pants.

For real! :crazy: I have one friend who consistently has 9 & 10 pound babies. I think all were born around their due dates. No diabetes. She and her husband are average size people. They just make big babies I guess!
My siblings and I were all around 9lbs. I was on time, my brother maybe about 10 days early, and my sister about two weeks late. My mom said she didn't have gestational diabetes, but I do wonder sometimes if she had a slight insulin resistance that wasn't enough to twig a diagnosis.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Super cute! I can see those going well with a nice pair of pants.

My siblings and I were all around 9lbs. I was on time, my brother maybe about 10 days early, and my sister about two weeks late. My mom said she didn't have gestational diabetes, but I do wonder sometimes if she had a slight insulin resistance that wasn't enough to twig a diagnosis.
I don’t know when testing became standard. My bestie pretty much begged to be induced early because her first was so big. She has 3 sisters and all of their babies were big. Her 2nd wasn’t even as big as the ultrasound predicted after going through 3 days of an induction. 😣

Another one of my friends had 4 average size babies but they quickly got huge. I watched one for her while she was at work one day and my arms ached for days! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.