What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep everything in red tubs for Christmas and green and gray are fall. It helps a lot when it comes time to get things from the attic. Dh wants to put in some kind of lift/pulley system to get things in and out of the attic. I might have too much stuff. :rolleyes2: (I don’t put it all out every year; I rotate. But I need to see it to know what I’m going to use.) The 2 for fall aren’t bad; but I think we have 7-8 for Christmas plus the trees and some other boxes. And a basket for the outside things. That’s probably why I’ve dragged my feet getting it all put away. Most stuff has its own box in a tub; so it’s not that hard once I get going. I’ve been drained by the weekend lately though. Oh well; it’s not like we are entertaining.;)

It looks empty in here after two months of having the tree up!:lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She can pick up every tiny little thing on the ground I don't want her to eat and put it in her mouth. In fact, she tried to eat a kitty kibble today. 🥴
Protein. Never scoff at protein. There are worse things for her to eat than kitty kibble.

Not the cat I was expecting but I'm more than happy to help whomever needs it.
View attachment 409399View attachment 409398
You have now been outed on the Dumpster Grapevine. I started out with one little feral, and am now feeding about seven. It had gotten up to fifteen or more, but this was a hard year for my little guys, and I suspect most of them were older. I did, however, lose several younger cats...don't know if they didn't make it, or found another food source while I was in the hospital this last spring.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
You have now been outed on the Dumpster Grapevine. I started out with one little feral, and am now feeding about seven. It had gotten up to fifteen or more, but this was a hard year for my little guys, and I suspect most of them were older. I did, however, lose several younger cats...don't know if they didn't make it, or found another food source while I was in the hospital this last spring.
The thing is, since covid, getting them off the street and fixed has been challenging so if I do decide to help some, I don't know where they will go.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arrrrrgh!!!! :gaah: :livid::argh:

I bought what I thought was fake cream cheese, took a lick off the top wrapper and thought it tasted way too good and sure enough it was real cream cheese.

Even with the lick, my milk is now tainted that I can't safely start because if she fails we won't know if it's because of me or not. I was hoping her tooth would pop in the next couple days so I wasn't starting while she was teething, but now I should push it back a week to make sure everything is out of my system.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man. Well maybe it'll be one of those things that works out better anyway. I hope the taste of yumminess wasn't too good to tease you.
I feel like the tooth has to be coming. She got two, one of the top center and the one next to it that isn't in the middle, if that makes sense. So I'm expecting the other top middle. I guess putting it off a week will give that tooth enough time.

It was so good. But not worth the frustration.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep everything in red tubs for Christmas and green and gray are fall. It helps a lot when it comes time to get things from the attic. Dh wants to put in some kind of lift/pulley system to get things in and out of the attic. I might have too much stuff. :rolleyes2: (I don’t put it all out every year; I rotate. But I need to see it to know what I’m going to use.) The 2 for fall aren’t bad; but I think we have 7-8 for Christmas plus the trees and some other boxes. And a basket for the outside things. That’s probably why I’ve dragged my feet getting it all put away. Most stuff has its own box in a tub; so it’s not that hard once I get going. I’ve been drained by the weekend lately though. Oh well; it’s not like we are entertaining.;)

It looks empty in here after two months of having the tree up!:lol:
I have some stairs to the attic that sort of unfold as they come down. They are really easy to get down but takes way more height and muscle than I have to get them back up. So, even though the attic has a floor and would be good dry storage, it’s useless to me,

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have some stairs to the attic that sort of unfold as they come down. They are really easy to get down but takes way more height and muscle than I have to get them back up. So, even though the attic has a floor and would be good dry storage, it’s useless to me,
Our attic is over our garage space with a tall ceiling. We have a double kayak and things suspended on pulleys from the ceiling already in there. A lift would be really useful! And there are companies that make and install them professionally; but you have to spend the money. DIY makes me nervous for that kind of project. Maybe someday DH and a friend can tackle that one. But not yet.

My grandparents attic access was with a pull down ladder over the basement stairs. I used to go up and down without blinking. I was a lot braver back in those days!! And thinner; that’s probably where the nerves come from. 😅

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve heard of stuff being shipped in its original packaging. Like a bag of dog food and clothing in just the plastic over wrap meant to keep things separated after manufacture. Those even have holes in the plastic to begin with! I think the best was boxes closed with those plastic straps and no tape at all. I would have expected those to get caught on the machinery that moves things around!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, that sure looks like it was torn open.
Yeah, it was kind of weird. It obviously was mangled like that when they packed it with the other two items. It couldn’t have happened in transit so it’s not a UPS thing. The important thing is that all of the blister packs with the capsules were fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.