What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know when testing became standard. My bestie pretty much begged to be induced early because her first was so big. She has 3 sisters and all of their babies were big. Her 2nd wasn’t even as big as the ultrasound predicted after going through 3 days of an induction. 😣

Another one of my friends had 4 average size babies but they quickly got huge. I watched one for her while she was at work one day and my arms ached for days! :lol:
Based on the size of my siblings and I, and with my husband being 7lbs 4oz iirc, I assumed J would fall somewhere in the middle of the 8lb range (I was hoping smaller than 9lbs). I was absolutely stunned she was under 7.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Based on the size of my siblings and I, and with my husband being 7lbs 4oz iirc, I assumed J would fall somewhere in the middle of the 8lb range (I was hoping smaller than 9lbs). I was absolutely stunned she was under 7.
DH was under 7 and several weeks early himself. DD was 7lbs 11oz and 2 weeks early. So I guess I was the biggest and the only one “on time.” :lol2: I have no biological siblings to compare myself to but I always heard birth size is usually more influenced by the mother’s size. I should ask about my cousins sometime. One of my cousin’s and I get amused with our kids growth charts because our oldests are opposites. I’ve got a string bean at the top of the growth chart. Her little guy is short and stout much closer to the bottom. He’s completely healthy; active and a good eater. He’s getting older and losing the baby fat now though. Its kind of hard to compare him to kids his age because even in our family we have people well over 6’ and people around 5’. So all the kids are all over the place.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I are looking at a new router and modem for our internet connection. We bought our own combo one several years ago to avoid paying the fees from our ISP. But lately its been dropping the internet connection a lot! It usually comes back up within a couple minutes at most; but this morning it dropped about 6 times in 40 minutes! We were trying to watch church from home. I reset the whole thing again and it was good for 15 minutes. :rolleyes2: We use the internet for school so it’s kind of important here.

I even checked with my neighbor to be sure its just us. And apparently it is. So now we’re trying to see what is good, but still affordable to switch to equipment wise. DH looked to see what our ISP company charges. In the past they let us just keep paying every month for equipment that was so out of date. We’d payed the cost several times over. Blah.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I are looking at a new router and modem for our internet connection. We bought our own combo one several years ago to avoid paying the fees from our ISP. But lately its been dropping the internet connection a lot! It usually comes back up within a couple minutes at most; but this morning it dropped about 6 times in 40 minutes! We were trying to watch church from home. I reset the whole thing again and it was good for 15 minutes. :rolleyes2: We use the internet for school so it’s kind of important here.

I even checked with my neighbor to be sure its just us. And apparently it is. So now we’re trying to see what is good, but still affordable to switch to equipment wise. DH looked to see what our ISP company charges. In the past they let us just keep paying every month for equipment that was so out of date. We’d payed the cost several times over. Blah.
I think it was about 2 yrs ago that I changed internet providers. I opted to purchase the modem that they offered. It was a good investment IMO. A few months ago I added a booster device for a rental fee of $10. Per month. This reception booster gives me added distance reception throughout the house and in my yard. I've had very good service with this provider.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it was about 2 yrs ago that I changed internet providers. I opted to purchase the modem that they offered. It was a good investment IMO. A few months ago I added a booster device for a rental fee of $10. Per month. This reception booster gives me added distance reception throughout the house and in my yard. I've had very good service with this provider.
I don't think they have a purchase option. We were pretty miffed when we started having issues with their equipment and the person was like "This is old!" I mean they were willing to get us new stuff. But at that point; we'd paid for it several times over! I'll have to ask DH if there was a purchase option but he didn't mention it; only a monthly rate. It could be they have it now. Or pay monthly till it's paid off. We do have a booster we purchased separately too. I think we still only have one service provider here; and they are the fastest around anyway.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M
I don't think they have a purchase option. We were pretty miffed when we started having issues with their equipment and the person was like "This is old!" I mean they were willing to get us new stuff. But at that point; we'd paid for it several times over! I'll have to ask DH if there was a purchase option but he didn't mention it; only a monthly rate. It could be they have it now. Or pay monthly till it's paid off. We do have a booster we purchased separately too. I think we still only have one service provider here; and they are the fastest around anyway.
My booster is Called "eero".

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Companies will do anything for money. Fortunately, our modem was free with a 2 year contract. They will upgrade it for a $100 (US) fee, for them to come out and set it up. No, you can't do it yourself. But we own it.
Our internet is awful, but they have a monopoly on this mountain, so they could get away with a monthly fee if they wanted.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took the plunge today. After numerous questions asked on this site concerning Pet Insurance. I read a article that a TCS member wrote stating the many times they had to bring kitty into the Veterinarian. That story made me purchase a Cat insurance policy today. I chose "Pets Best" selecting a $250. Deductible with a 90% Reimbursement and Unlimited Cap. Jackpot gets the first policy as Miles hasn’t been into the Veterinarian for over a year.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congrats on your new grandson! I love his name. Sorry about your son getting Corona though. When will it end? Hopefully soon...
Congrats again! Is he your first grandchild?
Thank you, EVERYONE! No, he's the second, but my granddaughter will turn 20 this coming October. LOL, each one will get to be an "only" grandchild!

I always heard birth size is usually more influenced by the mother’s size.
I had heard that as well, but my size is average (although my weight has crept up over the years), and Drew was 8 pounds, 8 ounces, and 27 inches long! Of course, there were a LOT of tall men on my father's side, so that might account for it.

I'll have to ask DH if there was a purchase option but he didn't mention it; only a monthly rate.
I've found that sometimes you have to ask outright if there is a purchase option. They make more money by renting, so they "forget" to tell you that you can purchase!

I'm wondering if I should go over the wood with tung oil. The mdf absorbs moisture so easily.
Yes, especially on the undersides and insides, for obvious reasons. In fact, a thin coat of acrylic on the underside of the seat would not be a bad idea.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a message that I've been putting off writing.

My husband of 46 years has been in a nursing home for the last year and a half. He was getting better; I was planning to get him into physical therapy to regain some strength and then to get him home again, but he's decided that he wants to die. And because he's totally dependent on dialysis, all he has to do is refuse dialysis - no one can overrule that decision.

He has now missed 4 dialysis sessions and is mostly sleeping, except when pain keeps him awake (and there seems to be a lot more pain than he expected). I visit every day, but we're getting close to the point where he may stop recognizing me (though I expect that to be the last to go).

I'm angry, and I'm grieving, and I'm struggling to make plans for the future.

Margret

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My husband of 46 years has been in a nursing home for the last year and a half. He was getting better; I was planning to get him into physical therapy to regain some strength and then to get him home again, but he's decided that he wants to die. And because he's totally dependent on dialysis, all he has to do is refuse dialysis - no one can overrule that decision.

He has now missed 4 dialysis sessions and is mostly sleeping, except when pain keeps him awake (and there seems to be a lot more pain than he expected). I visit every day, but we're getting close to the point where he may stop recognizing me (though I expect that to be the last to go).

Margret

Oh, Margret! I am so sorry that you and your husband are going through this. I do not know what else I can say because nothing seems to be right for this situation. You are both in my thoughts.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Margret
I'm sure that this is difficult decision for anyone to handle. Have you considered seeking out some Mental Health help? Perhaps this could ease some tensions you are feeling. Prayer is another way to ease your mind. Some people feel that Meditation relaxes them , though I've never tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.