What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't get her to finish the muffin. It was making us both cry. The pieces of cake are even bigger. :bawling2:

I'll try it tomorrow and if she won't eat it, I'll take a week or so off to clear her system and try step 2, butter, instead. Idk if we could pass that, while I felt like we could pass baked milk at least, but I can't do this. If we fail, we'll just stay dairy free.
She may just be wanting something with a bit more flavor than plain muffin.. I think J has a sweet tooth, at least at this point.

J is now a toddler~~ remember temper tantrum? I am not a Mom, but it seems as if she is testing you... at least to my medicated eye..

Give her a chance... I am really sure the chocolate cake will go over. Do not forget, J can sense your feelings and how important it is for her to pass this test.. She is still trying out her 'stuff"~~~. feelings, emotions, powers over you,, She can sense how imorittant this is to you and does not know how to comprehend them...

You are doings o good with her.. You are an awesome MOM.... ((hugs)). and love:redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I got Fendi on a schedule so now she comes by between 6:30pm and 10pm. This way, we avoid the starlings eating her food and the other humans that make her uncomfortable in the daytime. Now I can start giving her wet food without worrying about it freezing because I expect her at a certain time and she will come by to eat it soon before it gets too cold. Hopefully I can take her inside soon as well.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may just be wanting something with a bit more flavor than plain muffin.. I think J has a sweet tooth, at least at this point.
I used the blueberry Martha White muffin mix with some extra milk, so it was sweetened. We'll see what happens with the cake. I feel like butter would be so much easier. It's just a teaspoon of melted butter a day. I could put it on noodles and she'd probably devour them. There's so much you can put butter on. I wanted to do step one in case she can pass that and not step two because it would open my diet a little, but I'm beginning to think skipping might be my best bet.

Idk, I feel like such a bad mom today. I don't like trying to force her to eat something she's not feeling, and I'm annoyed at myself for being frustrated with her. I know so much of her asserting her independence is developmental, but when I've pulled her off the turtle tank, or the toilet, or told her biting hurts multiple times in a row I just get so tired and frustrated. And I want to do better for her. I want her to have a good relationship with food and be more understanding and validating of her feelings than my parents were for me, but days like today it seems like I can't do it and I'm going to screw up and traumatize her.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't get her to finish the muffin. It was making us both cry. The pieces of cake are even bigger. :bawling2:

I'll try it tomorrow and if she won't eat it, I'll take a week or so off to clear her system and try step 2, butter, instead. Idk if we could pass that, while I felt like we could pass baked milk at least, but I can't do this. If we fail, we'll just stay dairy free.
Have you tried pancakes? Easier to make than muffins but it still has cooked milk in it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried pancakes? Easier to make than muffins but it still has cooked milk in it.
So pancakes actually count as heated milk (step 6!). Step one has to be baked in the oven at like 400 for 15 minutes or 350 for 30 minutes for the milk protein to be broken down enough. And it has to have flour in it because of the way it binds and breaks down I guess. It's kind of stupid.

Plus I've made pancakes with plant milk and she's not a huge fan. She's just not big on bread-y textures currently.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
So pancakes actually count as heated milk (step 6!). Step one has to be baked in the oven at like 400 for 15 minutes or 350 for 30 minutes for the milk protein to be broken down enough. And it has to have flour in it because of the way it binds and breaks down I guess. It's kind of stupid.

Plus I've made pancakes with plant milk and she's not a huge fan. She's just not big on bread-y textures currently.
What a challenge!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It’s hard to find that balance between being firm (which is actually comforting, showing a boundary) and getting frustrated. Parenting is frustrating. Rewarding and frustrating. 🤪

My 100 year old grandpa passed away this evening. He has been up and down so much the last few weeks. Last weekend he was doing so good the nursing home was optimistic. I prayed his time would come when he was ready. So I believe he was. But this one hurts like none other. My other 2 grandparents who have passed were dealing with things like severe, long decline and dementia. It hurt but it was also ok knowing they suffered so much. And I absolutely love him way too much to want him going through any of that. But 100 years is not enough. I caught myself starting to hyperventilate earlier. I did not expect this reaction from myself. I guess its a combination of our relationship over my whole lifetime to my kids love for him to being the family patriarch. I am a little lost with what to do with myself right now.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I am so sorry about your Grandfather's passing. One hundred years old, sounds like a lot, but when you love someone, Age is not taken into consideration.. You miss the love, and the fact that they are here--in person..

Remember he will always be with you~~ in your heart...
Again, so sorry....

Lari Lari You are NOT a bad mom.. just going through a very trying time right now. J is testing your patience. I have never had kids, but it is a normal part of her development. You know that.. but when ti happens personally, your emotions kick in.

She is trying her independence, her way of see how far she can go.. I am certain she knows the meaning of NO, Ouch, etc... but does not realize it's implications on you... Perhaps time to set a few boundaries? She is still a baby, but, I don't know---perhaps being a bit firm with her?

Keep giving her the muffin. She will eventually eat it... throw several crying fits, but... be strong...

It must be so hard to find the fine line between giving in, loving, and being stern... and teaching boundaries....
Just like our kitties... we had to go though this with them...

(((Hugs))) and Love to both of you and MoochnNoodles

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used the blueberry Martha White muffin mix with some extra milk, so it was sweetened. We'll see what happens with the cake. I feel like butter would be so much easier.
Can you put some plant butter or jelly/nut butter on the muffin? I don't like plain muffins either. What about a cupcake? That's similar to a muffin.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you put some plant butter or jelly/nut butter on the muffin? I don't like plain muffins either. What about a cupcake? That's similar to a muffin.
Well, she barely ate any cake this morning (and threw her pineapple and cantaloupe on the floor), so we'll see what happens at dinner (she had trouble going down for nap yesterday so I don't want to give her sugar at lunch). She takes way too much after her father - you'd never see me rejecting chocolate cake for breakfast! :lol:

I have five more muffins, so I can try one with plant butter or peanut butter tomorrow, but we may end up just trying step 2 instead in the end. I don't want to force feed her.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Possibly, but there's only so much baking of stuff I can't eat I want to do. And she doesn't eat much normal bread either.
Yeah I don’t blame you. Plus you want to control ingredients so you can’t just get something premade.

DD had to work into textures. She loved all baby food except for the meats. When she was transitioning to table food meat took a while. She liked chicken fries; but not chicken breast. After a while she started eating regular meat better and now chicken nuggets are only a once in a while type thing. Of course we also had the phase where she would suddenly gobble her food if DH came by and snagged something off her plate. :rolleyes2: :lol: My stepmother said her mother basically fed her off her own plate during that phase. She thought the same thing on her own plate was gross or something. Little kids are a hoot. Adorable and exasperating all at once.:rolleyes2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about pumpkin pie? Has milk in it and it’s baked, but mushy enough that she might try it?
Needs to be made with flour, too. It's ridiculous, really.

Yeah I don’t blame you. Plus you want to control ingredients so you can’t just get something premade.
I wish she liked the muffins. The dairy free group I'm in says the Martha White mixes work, if you add 2/3 cup milk instead of 1/2 cup milk, so it was super easy to make (unlike the stupid cake).

At least she allowed me to give her a cute little ponytail today (with some protesting). She's lucky she's cute.

20220212_100203.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.