What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
What a horrifying scare, Elphaba09 Elphaba09 . You were understandably distraught after the fact, but I'm so impressed that you had such presence of mind to deal with the situation while it was happening. Many people wouldn't have been able to do that. 🤗

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That’s so scary! I’m glad Hobbit is ok! He probably won’t remember it; but I’d be a mess afterwards too! You get the adrenaline rush on top of everything. :hugs:

I was watching nightly news last evening. When I saw the Segment on about halftime , I quickly changed the station. I Wouldn't call halftime at the Supernowl entertainment.
I would probably say that about it every year… 🤪

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably getting more into IMO territory, but wow, I heard a lot of blatantly racist things about the halftime show today :/. Discouraging. I watched it online this morning. It was decent, not my favorite style of music but they put on a good show. It wasn't a super extravaganza like the Prince halftime show. And there weren't any wardrobe malfunctions ;). I do feel old though. Those artists were popular when I was a teenager and now they're all in their 50s :bawling:.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have any of you guys ever used the big 64oz shelf stable cartons of Almondmilk? How do you pour it?! I couldn't get the spout to my cup without slopping it everywhere!!! Is there a trick to it? I might have to decant it into another bottle. It's so huge and tall and the spout is weird, flat and on the side. I can pour the smaller 32oz ones no problem, but my brother sent 2 of these big ones. This is what it looks like:
1644938172896.png

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You could put your mug in the sink , keeping the jug in the counter, gently tipping it towards the sink and your cup.

The instructions I saw, somewhere, said when pouring from boxed containers—- to pour with spout up and not down. The opposite of what you would think. It decreases splashes.

The extra large containers may not be cost efficient. The package says to only keep for 7 days. I do stretch that out to about 10 days. I am only one person, so I do not use it as fast.

Certainly, after 10 days, I would trash what is left. BEFORE you get sick from it. and Definitely BEFORE it goes BAD.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He just looks so huggable!! :hearthrob:

I am trying something new with my breakfast today. I've been making oatmeal with my (cholesterol free) eggs lately. I'm using a regular canister of oats; not something from a packet. So I'm figuring out flavors. I've been using a tablespoon of pure maple syrup to sweeten it. Today I thought I'd toss in a handful of raisins. But I spotted a bag of Almond Meal I had intended for cookies. I figured why not? I added a couple heaping teaspoons (not measured teaspoons) and mixed. I don't think I really taste the almond over the maple. I typically love almonds; but sometimes they are just too hard to eat often. Hopefully I can figure this out and try again tomorrow. Maybe I can taste test it before I add in any kind of sweetener.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pour with spout up and not down.
I'm trying to picture how to keep the spout up. Guess I'll have to practice. Thanks!
We'll definitely finish it within the week, there's only like 8 full cups in it. Sometimes I use a full cup, sometimes half a cup, 2 drinks per day and my mother drinks it too.

I typically love almonds; but sometimes they are just too hard to eat often
I buy these Sliced Almonds from Walmart. The whole ones hurt my teeth:
1644954538594.png

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
ugh...
Venting again..
This time I do not know what to do..

My next door neighbor, is in the hospital. She has a dog.. a very untrained dog.. Always barking when people go by.. a very shrill, loud bar,--from a poodle. The dog is 12 years old.. too old to train.. My neighbor never tried to train him.

Last couple times she was in the hospital, her son had the dog. He was quieter when he returned from the sone. This past Saturday, he came over and had a huge verbal blowout with his mother. I stayed out of it. The dog was going nuts, trying to protect her--from the verbal assaults.. Horrible

After hearing what the son was saying; I wonder if he hit the dog, to keep him quiet.. I would not put it past him...

The dog, scares Geoffrey. He hides under mob ed every time the dog barks. He is afraid of dogs. All dogs... this one especially.

Last evening, I heard some quiet howling... I thought it might be Geoffrey... kept going over to him, but he was fine..

This afternoon, G vomited clear liquid... Again, I heard the howling.. I ran over to see if he was ok... He was sitting up, on my bed.. He is restless today... and thirsty..

I heard the howling a couple more times.. each time, I ran over to Geoffrey, he just stared at me. I went out to the corridor, outside my neighbors door. I heard the dog howling.. I feel so bad for this dog... He is a 'dumb' spoiled dog, but he misses his mama.

I went downstairs to the receptionist.. Someone has to be taking care of this dog.. Feeding, etc.
I was told that the granddaughter came down this morning to 'walk' him.. the dog is pretty incontinent.. The Son, is supposedly in Florida~~. Yeah right, he just does not want to deal with his mother or the dog...

The granddaughter does not have a key to the apartment..

They tried calling the Son, in "Florida"---- he is blocking the call... not even going to Voice Mail...

Absolutely ridiculous.. I hope the dog is ok... poor thing.. I do not care for the dog, but this is inhumane treatment.. Not right..

I just hope the dog will not become louder... my bedroom is adjacent to her living room...

The receptionist talked with property management. They cannot do anything-- no answer.. The receptionist will quiz the granddaughter, when she arrives tomorrow---hopefully.....

Almost like animal cruelty... only visiting a dog once a day... not right... dam
Some people...

I hate like heck to take this further...

I even called my neighbor, left a voice mail--hoping that she may be home.. but no.. still in hospital..

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
ugh...
Venting again..
This time I do not know what to do..

My next door neighbor, is in the hospital. She has a dog.. a very untrained dog.. Always barking when people go by.. a very shrill, loud bar,--from a poodle. The dog is 12 years old.. too old to train.. My neighbor never tried to train him.

Last couple times she was in the hospital, her son had the dog. He was quieter when he returned from the sone. This past Saturday, he came over and had a huge verbal blowout with his mother. I stayed out of it. The dog was going nuts, trying to protect her--from the verbal assaults.. Horrible

After hearing what the son was saying; I wonder if he hit the dog, to keep him quiet.. I would not put it past him...

The dog, scares Geoffrey. He hides under mob ed every time the dog barks. He is afraid of dogs. All dogs... this one especially.

Last evening, I heard some quiet howling... I thought it might be Geoffrey... kept going over to him, but he was fine..

This afternoon, G vomited clear liquid... Again, I heard the howling.. I ran over to see if he was ok... He was sitting up, on my bed.. He is restless today... and thirsty..

I heard the howling a couple more times.. each time, I ran over to Geoffrey, he just stared at me. I went out to the corridor, outside my neighbors door. I heard the dog howling.. I feel so bad for this dog... He is a 'dumb' spoiled dog, but he misses his mama.

I went downstairs to the receptionist.. Someone has to be taking care of this dog.. Feeding, etc.
I was told that the granddaughter came down this morning to 'walk' him.. the dog is pretty incontinent.. The Son, is supposedly in Florida~~. Yeah right, he just does not want to deal with his mother or the dog...

The granddaughter does not have a key to the apartment..

They tried calling the Son, in "Florida"---- he is blocking the call... not even going to Voice Mail...

Absolutely ridiculous.. I hope the dog is ok... poor thing.. I do not care for the dog, but this is inhumane treatment.. Not right..

I just hope the dog will not become louder... my bedroom is adjacent to her living room...

The receptionist talked with property management. They cannot do anything-- no answer.. The receptionist will quiz the granddaughter, when she arrives tomorrow---hopefully.....

Almost like animal cruelty... only visiting a dog once a day... not right... dam
Some people...

I hate like heck to take this further...

I even called my neighbor, left a voice mail--hoping that she may be home.. but no.. still in hospital..
Any idea how ill the neighbor is. Maybe you could call her and find out what the arrangements are for the dog?

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Any idea how ill the neighbor is. Maybe you could call her and find out what the arrangements are for the dog?
I think she is pretty sick... had a lung biopsy---second one in about 3-4 months... I think she may be going to rehab...
I only have her home number.

I think this is getting resolved. The granddaughter returned. The secretary spoke with her. She ws planning on spending a good half hour with the dog.. The Son is 'returning' home from Florida, but not until around midnight. He will come her and take the dog home with him.

So it is working out... Poor dog.. He was barking his poor head off when the granddaughter came...

Glad I said something.. and, as I was talking with the secretary.. She made it a point to ring my doorbell to tell me this; My neighbor, across from me came home and said the exact same things I had said.. she had not heard the howling.. but we all felt bad for the poor dog.

So I kind of feel as if I did a good deed... for the dog...

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Finding work placement for this summer has been challenging. Not a lot of job postings although we were advised to start looking and applying since December last year. I have my portfolio done, resume is done, and my cover letter template is done. There just isn't many companies to send them to. Maybe it's still too early? I hope more postings will be up soon because it's making me a little anxious. The work placement is mandatory so I can't continue in the program without having completed at least 420 hours over 14 weeks. Only 71 days until this semester is done and I have to start working.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Pulling my hair out... right now!! The dog~~ is still alone... The son never came in... If he did then the dog did not bark! I can hear it.
I just called the desk again. I put the TV on pause because I wanted to concentrate on what I was reading on the computer. I was sipping my coffee. I heard the dog, crying.... not howling.. but crying.......

I went outside, listened at the apartment door... sure enough, the dog is crying.. I am so furious.. I feel so bad.. almost feel like calling Animal Control to get the dog.

I told the receptionist the issue. She is really mad. I mean, I can deal with it, but it does break my heart. I suggested that if she is getting the run around from the son, then Get Property Management involved in this... Obviously, just coming in a couple times a day is not working with this dog... he seems to be as dependent as Geoffrey is.... poor thing...

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you start one on people's resolutions yet?😄
So let's see...
I'm piddling time away because I have to some watercolor for cards I design; and my husband is still sleeping. I'm a distance away, but don't want to wake him all the same. He watches dumb shows.😥 By the way, put on Fatman for him last night & he loved it! Good Mel Gibson movie.
I'm pretty much left wondering.... What next? In general with my cats. It seems age has caught up to many of mine. Lost a cat 3 weeks ago. The other month had 2 diagnosed with problems. Hyperthyroidism & kidney failure. 2 weeks after my Cancer kitty passed, one of my older ones that has always had IBD was diagnosed with the same Cancer as last. So yeah. At this point it just feels like... What next?
I'm wondering when my husband's going to stop snoring and give me a good night's rest without the assistance of Ambien.🙄
And wondering if I'm EVER going to start that etsy shop for my art like my husband nagged me to do almost 2yrs ago.😂
If you start the "Etsy" art shop inform me. I enjoy browsing there for things interesting .

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pulling my hair out... right now!! The dog~~ is still alone... The son never came in... If he did then the dog did not bark! I can hear it.
I just called the desk again. I put the TV on pause because I wanted to concentrate on what I was reading on the computer. I was sipping my coffee. I heard the dog, crying.... not howling.. but crying.......

I went outside, listened at the apartment door... sure enough, the dog is crying.. I am so furious.. I feel so bad.. almost feel like calling Animal Control to get the dog.

I told the receptionist the issue. She is really mad. I mean, I can deal with it, but it does break my heart. I suggested that if she is getting the run around from the son, then Get Property Management involved in this... Obviously, just coming in a couple times a day is not working with this dog... he seems to be as dependent as Geoffrey is.... poor thing...
Is there any way you could take the dog while the owner is in the hospital? Not wanting to upset Geoffrey, but maybe help out in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.