What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh that poor dog! Its used to having someone around. And a dog really needs outdoor access multiple times a day! Maybe they can leave a radio or the tv on low for him? Our old dogs liked the comfort of that as they got older. Hopefully they've left a light on too.

My neighbor was supposed to get a temporary work assignment last year and asked if I would let her dogs out a few times a day. They play together a lot and are good dogs. But the assignment turned out to be up to 3-4 months; not a few weeks like she thought. And without a guaranteed date to come home. So I don't think she ended up taking it; but I had told her I couldn't do it. That's way too much time to have them not have regular human contact. I was hoping if I said no; she'd leave them with her mother. DS loves them and would have loved helping; but I couldn't bring them here with Mooch. It worked out in the end; but I really couldn't stomach the thought of them being so alone; even if they had each other.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to picture how to keep the spout up. Guess I'll have to practice. Thanks!
We'll definitely finish it within the week, there's only like 8 full cups in it. Sometimes I use a full cup, sometimes half a cup, 2 drinks per day and my mother drinks it too.

I buy these Sliced Almonds from Walmart. The whole ones hurt my teeth:
View attachment 411029
I use those in my trail mix! They are a lot easier on the teeth. Slivered almonds would work too but they aren't always in stock.

I added more to my oatmeal today and I still didn't really taste it. I'll work on it I guess!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh that poor dog! Its used to having someone around. And a dog really needs outdoor access multiple times a day! Maybe they can leave a radio or the tv on low for him? Our old dogs liked the comfort of that as they got older. Hopefully they've left a light on too.

My neighbor was supposed to get a temporary work assignment last year and asked if I would let her dogs out a few times a day. They play together a lot and are good dogs. But the assignment turned out to be up to 3-4 months; not a few weeks like she thought. And without a guaranteed date to come home. So I don't think she ended up taking it; but I had told her I couldn't do it. That's way too much time to have them not have regular human contact. I was hoping if I said no; she'd leave them with her mother. DS loves them and would have loved helping; but I couldn't bring them here with Mooch. It worked out in the end; but I really couldn't stomach the thought of them being so alone; even if they had each other.
Well, the son never showed up last night, at midnight or later. I think I would have heard the dog, because my bedroom is adjacent to the living room..

This morning, around 8:20 AM; I had shut off the TV, was concentrating on what I was reading on the laptop. I heard what I thought was a cry... and then again.. I said to myself---"NO Way"..
I then went and stood outside my neighbors door. The dog was crying!! I mean crying!! I was so outraged!

I called the front desk. Told the receptionist what occurred. She was outraged also. I said if you snoot contact the son, then get Property management involved...
Finally, around 10 am.. I heard the dog barking, wildly... Someone came in and took him.. I hope he does not get abused. The son is a pice of work... poor dog...

I also heard, by attitude influence---if you know what I mean, that my neighbor is not doing all that well.. sad... so sad....The poor dog....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am having the devil of a time trying to find an apartment in Chattanooga. Most are high rises, which is a problem, even with elevators, because I could not do more than one flight of stairs if there was a fire...especially not carrying Hek! And they ALL say "come by the office for information"...and I AM IN NORTH CAROLINA! I may have to enlist Zac's help. If he's physically able to do it!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having the devil of a time trying to find an apartment in Chattanooga. Most are high rises, which is a problem, even with elevators, because I could not do more than one flight of stairs if there was a fire...especially not carrying Hek! And they ALL say "come by the office for information"...and I AM IN NORTH CAROLINA! I may have to enlist Zac's help. If he's physically able to do it!
Have you sought out Real Estate Companies in Chattanooga for rental suggestions?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor thing. Hopefully they can surrender him to a rescue if it comes to that. :sniffle::sigh:
The dog has been taken by the son... I hope he is well treated... poor thing... I was almost ready to duke it out with Property Management and call the Animal Control Officer...

I think you may have to ask for help with this.. You need to know condition of the place, the location---if it is safe, and other such things.. Covid is complicating things.
Most places prefer to either mail or pick up an application. I am really surprised that they are saying to 'stop by'....
Rents are outrageous! They really are...

I know, in my building-- senior housing---9 floors, they tell us, in case of a fire, stay in your apartment with door closed tightly, and wait for help!!!! NO WAY....
I am glad I am almost adjacent to stairs, leading to an emergency exit... I will somehow grab Geoffrey, my keys, phone, and walk down the 3 flights of stairs.
The heck with waiting for help!! I help myself!!! And the Facilities Manager, whispered to me that this is what he would do... so....

How is Zach doing? You can PM or EM me.....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My BFF has used a real estate agent to find a rental house. Maybe someone can do the same with apartments?

Moving seems to be extra difficult right now. My neighbor took a new position with her company. Selling her house was super easy. Finding something from a distance; not so much. She has two little dogs to consider too. I don’t envy anyone moving right now. 😣

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
gonna buy some sheets of 60 grade sandpaper tommorrow:bawling:gotta an itch on my right back arm that i cant scratch cause my lefthand doesnt work
Just take a cue from this guy:
:biggrin::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was thinking Mooch might appreciate a corner scratcher since it's hard for her to reach now. She can just rub on it. As long as it's sturdy and doesn't require her to balance as much.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had this work torture dream last night where I was sitting in a corporate conference for days (as I used to have to do), listening to corporate nonsense speak for hours and getting loaded down with books and binders. Woke up with the feeling of dread/stress I used to have and had a hard time shaking it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a slight annoyance.

One of my husband's friend's is getting married! They live in TN and we got a save the date for a wedding in Napa. Sounds lovely. I check their website and kids aren't allowed to the ceremony or reception.

Okay then.

I mean, I support anyone's desire to have the wedding they want. I loved my wedding. I feel like it would have annoyed me less if they were having the wedding where they lived. It would have still been a destination for us (though one we could drive to), but I'm sure it'd be local for more of their friends. It rubs me the wrong way to not invite whole families to a destination wedding. So we'll see what we decide to do.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a slight annoyance.

One of my husband's friend's is getting married! They live in TN and we got a save the date for a wedding in Napa. Sounds lovely. I check their website and kids aren't allowed to the ceremony or reception.

Okay then.

I mean, I support anyone's desire to have the wedding they want. I loved my wedding. I feel like it would have annoyed me less if they were having the wedding where they lived. It would have still been a destination for us (though one we could drive to), but I'm sure it'd be local for more of their friends. It rubs me the wrong way to not invite whole families to a destination wedding. So we'll see what we decide to do.
That would be annoying and is kind of rude on their part. Like you, I have no issues with child-free weddings, but childfree destination weddings are just wrong. Unless they are providing vetted babysitters. That is one instance when I think the couple should pay for childcare for their wedding guests.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be annoying and is kind of rude on their part. Like you, I have no issues with child-free weddings, but childfree destination weddings are just wrong. Unless they are providing vetted babysitters. That is one instance when I think the couple should pay for childcare for their wedding guests.
The website did say something about babysitting, but I'd have to contact and see if they'd just be giving names and we'd have to pay for it, or what. It may end up making the most sense for my husband to go alone

Status
Not open for further replies.