What's on your Mind Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I decided to try melted butter with J at lunch. Day 1 of 7 on, 3 off. Put it on some tortilla and mac and chao. I'm not sure she ingested the whole teaspoon (I'm pretty sure she's wearing some of it, and getting a bath in a few minutes), but it went over a lot better than the muffin/cake. We'll see how this affects her tummy. Fingers crossed she passes.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I decided to try melted butter with J at lunch. Day 1 of 7 on, 3 off. Put it on some tortilla and mac and chao. I'm not sure she ingested the whole teaspoon (I'mpretty sure she'swearing some of it, and gettinga bath in a few minutes), but it went over a lot better than the muffin/cake. We'll see how this affects her tummy. Fingers crossed she passes.
I hope things go well. :hugs:

Have you tried giving her frozen french toast sticks? I like the cinnamon ones. They contain milk, are baked and sized well for a small hand. They are also yummy.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope things go well. :hugs:

Have you tried giving her frozen french toast sticks? I like the cinnamon ones. They contain milk, are baked and sized well for a small hand. They are also yummy.
I have not. The whole baked milk vs heated milk (step 6) is a bit confusing, so I'd wanted to use the approved recipes lest we fail because we'd accidentally gone up to a higher step than she could handle.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
There are now 3 cats coming to get food from me every day and I think that number is going to increase but I don't know if I can help all of them at once. There is one that looks similar to Fendi and a black one with a tiny bit of white on his chest. I'm wondering what I should do...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
There are now 3 cats coming to get food from me every day and I think that number is going to increase but I don't know if I can help all of them at once. There is one that looks similar to Fendi and a black one with a tiny bit of white on his chest. I'm wondering what I should do...
Are you intending to just keep feeding them or to try to do TNR? Maybe you can find a rescue group who can help?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, my son got called for jury duty. What's bad about this is that the time of JD is his finals in college. Also, it is for a criminal court in Phoenix. I mean, really, we live almost 300 miles from there. The summons says "be prepared to be here a month". A MONTH? Where is he going to stay?
He asked for an exemption, I hope he gets it. Otherwise he's going to fail his classes and there goes over $1000 dollars. Not to mention, half a years work. And no place to stay.
The state needs to have a mileage limit on people they can summon. Maybe, keep it in the county and not 4 counties away. (the counties in AZ are huge, not like the small ones in the East)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think most states will postpone for things like finals. Thats a hardship. I know my state postpones for jobs if you work for say a small employer and it's the holidays. My mother's was postponed last year because they'd booked airline tickets for a trip and the hotel already.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got called for jury duty in college and had to postpone it because I was unable to travel back home. I think on the card thing I had to send back there was a space to write in a date that I wanted the service rescheduled for.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not in AZ. On the letter is said the only people exempt are police, emergency personnel and disabled. It clearly said students taking exams are not.
I'm hoping the 300 miles away thing they will take into consideration.
There was a place to write hardships, and between the miles and finals I hope they consider this.

edit: In AZ an employer must give you jury duty off with pay. This is the law.
(I almost wrote ' this is the way'. Watched the Mandalorian to many times.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In AZ an employer must give you jury duty off with pay. This is the law.
It's federal law that an employee cannot be fired, penalized, or demoted for time missed due to jury duty, although pay is not federally required.

Don't they have to call you in the county you're registered to vote in? Although I guess a college student might not live in the county they're registered in.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My lovely daughter, who normally gets up between 7:30 and 8:30 has been wide awake since 5:45 this morning.

I am not okay.
She must be in cahoots with Sophie. She would not let me sleep last night. She curled up beside me but kept changing her mind about what area of the bed she wanted to be on. She kept using my back as a bridge to get from one area to the other. She finally settled in and I fell asleep but she was back at it bright and early. :rolleyes2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She must be in cahoots with Sophie. She would not let me sleep last night. She curled up beside me but kept changing her mind about what area of the bed she wanted to be on. She kept using my back as a bridge to get from one area to the other. She finally settled in and I fell asleep but she was back at it bright and early. :rolleyes2:
My parents came over to play with J. I'm supposed to be sleeping, but the coffee I had took over and I couldn't sleep. Just laid and rested for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.