What breed (if any) is this cat?

Antaishi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Few days ago I stumbled upon a stray cat at my property. I think she is still young, very skinny, probably a bit malnourished too. But she is very affectionate and vocal. She weighs 2.7kg, but still has tiny teeth.

Most striking feature about her, for me, is her tail. It's enormous and fluffy.
20240514_222547.jpg
20240514_222449.jpg
20240515_002435.jpg
20240516_164552.jpg

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pretty cat. She has some big paws. Without papers or knowing where you are from impossible to say. If you plan to keep her, take her to a vet to get treated for parasites and get an estimate of her age so you can give her the appropriate diet.

Eurocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there!
Beautiful cat!☺
I‘m sure the experts here will be able to give you a more solid guess, but with her big paws, face shape, eat tufts and fluffy tail, she looks quite Main Coony to me. As least perhaps some Main Coon somewhere in her ancestry. Does she have tufts of fur on her paws?
I agree that she should be presented to vet for a check and to get parasite treatment.
Enjoy your little beauty!

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there!
Beautiful cat!☺
I‘m sure the experts here will be able to give you a more solid guess, but with her big paws, face shape, eat tufts and fluffy tail, she looks quite Main Coony to me. As least perhaps some Main Coon somewhere in her ancestry. Does she have tufts of fur on her paws?
I agree that she should be presented to vet for a check and to get parasite treatment.
Enjoy your little beauty!
Sounds like OP is European. Given the unit of measure they used for the weight. Looks kind of like a Norwegian Forest Cat. Very pretty cat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with these above. I dont see no clear cut ancestry... But the coloring is less usual for a random moggie. Silver tabby??

I see she had already made herself at home. No shy semiferal takes such poses when photographed...
So, dumped or got astray.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh what a gorgeous girl! I agree with the others, and with Stefan about the colouring.

As he says, she's no feral. It might be a good idea to find out if she's an escapee.. someone may be looking for her. If not she'll need to be checked over and hopefully she's yours!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antaishi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the replies! Here are the answers:

1. I live in Serbia, in a village. People keep moggy cats here as mouse-catchers. I have rarely, if ever, seen a purebred cat. Usually people from cities have them in their apartments.

2. Yes, she has a lot of fur on her paws. I'll upload more photos below.

3. She is very tame. Immediately cuddled with humans and slept first night on the bed with me. Plus, she knows how to urinate and defecate in the shower tub.

I did ask around the neighborhood if anyone has lost a cat and also on the Facebook page of the local community, and on a page for local lost pets. Nobody is looking for her.

20240519_110312.jpg
20240519_110214.jpg
20240516_165116.jpg
20240518_105053.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Another possibility she happened to get astray from some tourist passing throu...

Markings on the face are less common too. So although I cant put my finger on what she is, I wouldnt be the least surprised if there IS some Ancestry.

Lennybells

Purring is my therapy!
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is so cute! Has the face of a Maine Coon or Siberian. My Siberian has the LOOOOONG tail too. How heavy is she? By 6 months most Maine Coons are gigantic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antaishi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is 2.7kg, but very skinny. Skin and bone when I found her. And I don't know how old she is, or how to tell.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably not a purebred but I would say has some maine coone in her based on the very large ears, lynx tips and paw size. Silvers aren't super common in dsh/dlh either. Female MCs arent actually big and I doubt she is a purebred.