What's For Dinner? - 2024

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Y'ALL!!! I just found a guy on Instagram who has the most insane recipes! Two ingredient bread made with ICE CREAM, of all things, and two ingredient biscuits! Must try both! And look for more of his stuff! If they turn out well, when I finally try them, I'll post them.
As for lunch and supper...ONE of them will be tuna salad. Been awhile since my girl had her tuna soup. There are cries and whimpers of "cat abuse." And the other will be...um. Dunno...maybe chicken and rice soup. It's cold out, and wet.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH gave me the night off, he's out with the guys. :lol: I fed Carleton first then made a giant beet salad for myself - sautéed red pepper, mushrooms and green onions, then added avocado and a little parmesan. Sliced the beets and served over spinach salad. Honeycrisp apple for dessert and a small pack of M&M's as a treat.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Kielbasa, but not sure what I'm having with it. Thinking of haluski.
[/QUOTE
Sometimes I make kielbasa — boil, slice long way, sandwich on a Billie roll with mustard. Or baked with mashed potatoes and pickled beets. One of my favorite meals. Or have it with eggs.

Funny you mention Kielbasa. I am going to make a soup with it, this week. Alton Brown’s Christmas Soup.

Tonight May just be a salad. Weird, do not feel like having a heavy supper, lately.

Since I had covid, a year ago — nothing tastes a good as I remember. Weird. My sense of taste returned, but; nothing tastes as I remember it used to. Strange.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'ALL!!! I just found a guy on Instagram who has the most insane recipes! Two ingredient bread made with ICE CREAM, of all things, and two ingredient biscuits! Must try both! And look for more of his stuff! If they turn out well, when I finally try them, I'll post them.
As for lunch and supper...ONE of them will be tuna salad. Been awhile since my girl had her tuna soup. There are cries and whimpers of "cat abuse." And the other will be...um. Dunno...maybe chicken and rice soup. It's cold out, and wet.
I've made the two ingredient ice cream bread before. It was okay. If you use an ice cream or custard with eggs as an ingredient it comes out a bit better if I recall, but it's been years since I've made it.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen those recipes. I think the biscuits are made with self rising flour and sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was one of those days!So cold!Yes I wanted soup,so I had it for lunch.He heated up a slice of pizza for his lunch...I was gonna fix that for dinner.I ended up having pizza and a small salad,and when he woke up from his nap,he ad pizza too.Ah well,tomorrow's another day.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday was one of those days. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Rick didn't want haluski, so I started to make candied kielbasa instead. He decided to microwave some peas from the garden. He took the full loaf of bread out of the microwave, but didn't take the crusts out that were in another bag. And that bag caught on fire in the microwave. I saw little flames, opened the door, and got the bread wrapper out. So then I had to clean out the microwave from the melted plastic from the bread wrapper. And while I was cleaning the microwave (and Rick was watching me clean), my kielbasa sauce burned on the stove, taking the kielbasa with with it. What a mess. Rick ate burned kielbasa; I ate some canned peaches. And that was supper.

I don't know what we're having for dinner tonight, but it has to be better than what we had last night.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure... have not been all that hungry, lately.. more of snacking, rather than eating a full meal.
We were supposed to have a tiny group luncheon, (4) of us, but we cancelled it because of the huge covid/rsv out break. The woman who was hosting the lunch was upset. She is having surgery in about 10 days. We wanted her to be safe, in case we were carrying anything..
So now, to appease her--- I do not know why--- It was planned to have a small lunch at a local restaurant.. I still do not think it is a good idea, due to above.. but... I feel as if I have to go; as I am part of this small, new group.... ugh.. What is the difference between having lunch at a restaurant and having a smaller lunch in an apartment?? I do not se any difference; perhaps more of a chance of picking something up at a restaurant.
And I really have a lot to do this morning. And I really do not eat any lunch, especially at noon time. I eat breakfast, and a very early supper. Around 1-2, I may have a cup of tea and a tiny snack.. j

So supper is on the fence for me.

Winchester Winchester --- That same thing happened to me, with my microwave. Except it was a few tiny halloween candies. I cleaned out the microwave, got the burnt stench out. The light stopped working, I was hesitant to use it, but I tried it one more time. It worked ok one more time, then bit the dust, the next time I tried to use it.
Be careful with it. I had to get a new one.

With Cats in the house, especially Geoffrey, I have to find hiding spots for things, with plastic. One time, soon after adoption, I discover an opened (chewed open) potato chip bag, on top of my refrigerator. Since then, I use the microwave, and oven as storage for stuff..

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was one of those days. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Rick didn't want haluski, so I started to make candied kielbasa instead. He decided to microwave some peas from the garden. He took the full loaf of bread out of the microwave, but didn't take the crusts out that were in another bag. And that bag caught on fire in the microwave. I saw little flames, opened the door, and got the bread wrapper out. So then I had to clean out the microwave from the melted plastic from the bread wrapper. And while I was cleaning the microwave (and Rick was watching me clean), my kielbasa sauce burned on the stove, taking the kielbasa with with it. What a mess. Rick ate burned kielbasa; I ate some canned peaches. And that was supper.

I don't know what we're having for dinner tonight, but it has to be better than what we had last night.
I know at the time it's not funny and created all kinds of extra work ( for nothing- not even a decent meal) but I laughed so hard picturing the order of those events thst my sides hurt- Murphys Law,isn't thst what they call it ?

Kielbasa probably will be off the menu for awhile!I hope you have a fabulous dinner tonight,maybe order in?❤