What's For Dinner? - 2024

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Supper last night was just rice... with non dairy butter. Tummy was not feeling good, during gore day. I even lied down and took a nap, before I went out into the snow/rain to clean off my car.

I get like this occasionally-- GI issues. IBS/D, etc... constipation more than diarrhea..

It was a day to forget. Geoffrey loved that I was cuddling with him, all day.. and night..

Fell asleep on the recliner very early-- dozed a lot.. finally went to bed after 10pm.. up around 7;30 ..

Cornhole restarts this morning... not into it at all..
Still tired from the day before, and tummy is gassy-- not a good sign.

Gotta go

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself had a dental visit today and wanted something easy to eat. Made a pot of sauce (saute ground beef, canned crushed tomatoes, frozen basil, dried oregano, simmer for 2 hours) this afternoon. Mini penne to go under it. Put the pot with extra sauce outside while we had dinner (it is currently 15.6 degrees Fahrenheit) and by the time we finished eating it was cool enough to portion out and refrigerate. Will label and put in freezer tomorrow.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself had a dental visit today and wanted something easy to eat. Made a pot of sauce (saute ground beef, canned crushed tomatoes, frozen basil, dried oregano, simmer for 2 hours) this afternoon. Mini penne to go under it. Put the pot with extra sauce outside while we had dinner (it is currently 15.6 degrees Fahrenheit) and by the time we finished eating it was cool enough to portion out and refrigerate. Will label and put in freezer tomorrow.
15 degees?! Wholly Moley!
Hope hubby's tooth is feeling better now

Love how you Saud you made penne " to go under it" rofl,cute!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
game misconduct game misconduct Let me suggest a 3 step process. First dust the abondigas with flour. Then the beaten egg. And finish with either another coating of flour OR a coating of very finely crushed / grated bread crumbs.

Dusting first with flour will help the beaten egg adhere to the abondigas, just as the beaten egg helps the final coating adhere.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
game misconduct game misconduct Let me suggest a 3 step process. First dust the abondigas with flour. Then the beaten egg. And finish with either another coating of flour OR a coating of very finely crushed / grated bread crumbs.

Dusting first with flour will help the beaten egg adhere to the abondigas, just as the beaten egg helps the final coating adhere.
:biggrin:hopefully i remember on my next attempt cooking this

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had a spinach tortilla wrap with hummus and veggies, sweet potato on the side. DH finished the chicken I made the other night, dipped it in bbq sauce, baked potato and salad on the side. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a big pot of chili and a pan of cornbread to go with.We haven't had chili in quite awhile,and it was really good...I put sour cream in the cornbread and it was yummy too.Good leftovers!
That sounds yummy. my DW doesn't like cornbread or chili so I never get those. It's too bad you live so far away.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds yummy. my DW doesn't like cornbread or chili so I never get those. It's too bad you live so far away.
Aww,I'd make you chili anytime and whatever DW wanted too so she'd not mind some cat lady making her husband chili and cornbread..... that's how we Sicilians do it,we just love to feed our friends 👍