What's For Dinner? - 2024

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a busy day we got about 11 inches of snow. We had to shovel out our driveway, the in-laws driveway and then snow tubing with the kids. So I needed a quick easy dinner. Dino Nuggets for the kids and Gortons fish fillets for hubby and I. Served with mushroom rice pilaf, Mac and cheese and green beans.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
gonna be below 50:eek:
That's balmy for here, we'd be wearing shorts and a tee shirt.:lol: It's going to be a high of 4F degrees without the windchill and below zero with the windchill next Monday.

I met our daughter in the city today and had a big lunch so very small meal tonight of yogurt and fruit. DH is pouting because he stayed home and wants to know what's for dinner. :biggrin:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm back, having fought off a very annoying virus! I'll probably be living off of tomato sandwiches for the next few days. I have four tomatoes that need to be used fairly quickly, and I HATE throwing away food! Drives me NUTS! The upside is that Hek has decided that mayonnaise is every bit as good as sour cream, so she'll be in heaven over it.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mini penne sauced with cubed cooked chicken breast, braised carrots and pearl onions, green peas. Sauce made from bouillon that carrots & onions had been cooked in, pan juices from chicken, thickened with corn starch. Basically a revision of last night's dinner. Himself and I agreed it was better than last nights dinner.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
[QUOTE="game misconduct, post: 5759440, member: 10049823"
gonna be popeyes chicken tonight
[/QUOTE]
It's a shame that they don't do their dirty rice anymore.

Yep, you guessed it. I'll have a Jimmy Dean's stuffed hashbrown patty for lunch, with a tomato sandwich for dinner...and a schmear of mayo on the plate for that fool cat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
.I made a devil's food cake (with swerve) with a cream cheese frosting for dessert.
This got my attention. :thumbsup: I love devil's food cake and cream cheese frosting is even better.:yummy:

It started snowing this afternoon so I decided to make pasta since it's comfort food for us. Salad on the side and garlic rolls. Mocha chocolate chip Yasso bars for dessert.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is cheeseburger macaroni, but the youngest won’t eat it so I’m making him hamburgers.
Has anyone heard from Winchester Winchester /Pam?
I’ve been thinking about her a lot lately and I noticed she hasn’t posted in awhile.
Have not and was wondering that myself- sent her a message and she's in my prayers ,hoping to hear with great expectation

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I made ranch crusted chicken thighs with roasted cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. J insisted on helping cook and again didn't eat. M tried to eat too much at once and threw up a bunch.

J has been asking for macaroni and cheese since 8:30 this morning.

"Mommy what you making" "coffee" "you make J macaroni and cheese" "not at 8:30 in the morning. I'll make it for lunch"

10 minutes later "you gotta make me macaroni and cheese" ad nauseum.

It is now lunchtime and I'm making kraft mac and cheese.

Have kids, they said. I feel so defeated some days. 😅