What's For Dinner? - 2024

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband isn't feeling well so we got Little Caesars. I got the stuffed pretzel crust with cheese sauce and pepperoni pizza which is so good. J pretty much just ate the cheese out of the stuffed crust.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Veggie omelette with sweet potato fries for me, (the fries could have been a little crisper). DH wanted a turkey burger sandwich, one of his favorites, with swiss and hummus on a wheat kaiser roll and baked potato. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I made ranch crusted chicken thighs with roasted cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. J insisted on helping cook and again didn't eat. M tried to eat too much at once and threw up a bunch.

J has been asking for macaroni and cheese since 8:30 this morning.

"Mommy what you making" "coffee" "you make J macaroni and cheese" "not at 8:30 in the morning. I'll make it for lunch"

10 minutes later "you gotta make me macaroni and cheese" ad nauseum.

It is now lunchtime and I'm making kraft mac and cheese.

Have kids, they said. I feel so defeated some days. 😅
Oh Lari- brings back memories,I think Mac & cheese is kid Crack!

My son used to crawl out of his bed( age 2,3) in the wee hrs,had to sleep with one eye open as he almost burnt down the house- climbed a chair ,emptied the kraft box into a pot( no milk) and put the gas stove on high..... I woke up to a foul smell and a smoke filled house

The farberware pot MELTED!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Using the last of the tomatoes tonight in a sandwich.

Just wait til they get older, lol. As someone once said to me, the bigger the kids the bigger the problems." :biggrin:
My grandmother told my mother, just after I had stepped on her bare foot with those hard-soled shoes toddlers used to wear, "Honey, when they are little, they step on your feet, When they're teenagers, they step on your heart."

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby asked for pancakes and bacon,so I made a double batch of buttermilk pancakes ....that way he can have them for breakfast if he wants.... there's leftover bacon so I can have peanut butter and bacon toast.Yum!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
there's leftover bacon
Around here, "left over bacon" is as hard to come by as dragon flank steak and unicorn loin roast.

The tomatoes are finally gone, and BOY were they good! Sitting on the counter for several days really enhanced their flavor, even if I did have to eat them all in a rush!

Tonight, I'm thinking scrambled eggs, made in my microwave omelet maker, and an English muffin for lunch, and waffles for supper. Hek is letting me know that she wants her Log Cabin syrup.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around here, "left over bacon" is as hard to come by as dragon flank steak and unicorn loin roast.

The tomatoes are finally gone, and BOY were they good! Sitting on the counter for several days really enhanced their flavor, even if I did have to eat them all in a rush!

Tonight, I'm thinking scrambled eggs, made in my microwave omelet maker, and an English muffin for lunch, and waffles for supper. Hek is letting me know that she wants her Log Cabin syrup.
Many is the time I go ahead and cook extra so that there are leftovers.Bacon is one of those things,since we don't have it very often.I went ahead and cooked the whole pound,and he had some with his pancakes for lunch,I had some on my peanut butter toast,and there's still some left.I may make an omelet or a quiche and throw the rest of it in.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Many is the time I go ahead and cook extra so that there are leftovers.Bacon is one of those things,since we don't have it very often.I went ahead and cooked the whole pound,and he had some with his pancakes for lunch,I had some on my peanut butter toast,and there's still some left.I may make an omelet or a quiche and throw the rest of it in.
That's what I do Lizzie- I mean if I'm gonna get out the frying pan I may as well do the entire box,lol

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am cooking tonight for the first time since I came home from the hospital. Rick says the NFG feels lost and un-used. :flail: We did make mac and cheese the other night. It was a group effort because Rick and I did it together. He said it didn't realize it was so difficult to make mac and cheese! :flail:To be honest, it probably took us twice as long to make it as it would have just me doing it alone. But we had a good time.

Chicken thighs, twice-baked potatoes, and buttered peas with thyme...in the NFG. With a simple vanilla cornstarch pudding for dessert.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I am cooking tonight for the first time since I came home from the hospital. Rick says the NFG feels lost and un-used. :flail: We did make mac and cheese the other night. It was a group effort because Rick and I did it together. He said it didn't realize it was so difficult to make mac and cheese! :flail:To be honest, it probably took us twice as long to make it as it would have just me doing it alone. But we had a good time.

Chicken thighs, twice-baked potatoes, and buttered peas with thyme...in the NFG. With a simple vanilla cornstarch pudding for dessert.
Sounds delicious- thighs are my favorite

Thats what I made for tonight- lemon pepper thighs and roasted garlic cous cous,need something green- maybe Brussel sprouts?