What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Had our annual Christmas party at the Cancer Center

Really good turkey dinner,yummy mashed potatoes that I chose instead of rice- salad instead of carrots ( odd sides I thought) but very tasty

And I won the raffle! Got a Walmart gift card,where I buy all my kitty food n stuff!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I could use some maple syrup,
Maple syrup is to DIE FOR!!! I make a walnut bread that I glaze with maple syrup glaze! I should do a loaf this weekend!

Lunch will be scrambled eggs with an English muffin, and dinner will be Santa Fe rice and beans.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday we had shrimp poached in soy sauce & apple cider vinegar, instant mashed potatoes, microwave steamed sliced green beans and slivered almonds.

Today we had hot dogs broiled in toaster over on lightly toasted buns with a squiggle of mustard, and home fried potatoes

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Alas, no pancakes yesterday, which meant no maple syrup either. I made meatball subs with just onions and peppers from the freezer, a bit of salsa and some cheese. A can of doctored baked beans.

Rick is bowling tonight, so dinner will be leftovers. We have the goulash, a bit of ham loaf, and enough meatballs, etc for one sub. He can take his pick. I don't care what we have.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is pour building's Holiday Party... and they "Christmas Dinner".... The food here is horrible. I am on the Food Committee, and I eat hardly any of the food.. Go figure.. But I fight for good food. The problem is: None of them know how to cook, correctly...and we are extremely limited with what food items they can use. It is basically an institutionalized diet... and so gross. They sue too many onions and not enough garlic or herbs to make things flavorful, and they either over or under cook everything.

Well, for the first time, we are having my suggestions for the menu: Pomegranate walnut salad, or reg salad, Roast beef, twice baked potatoes, grilled asparagus, stuffed shells with meatballs, triple chocolate cake, or fruit salad... We will see how much they can mess-up this meal. Their sauce is horrible.. meatballs are premade frozen... I suggested fresh meatballs-- Not feeling confident..

I need to make an appearance, thank the head guy for the menu... and then spend some time at the Party. Not liking the DJ this time. It is the same guy, over and over again... same old routine..

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How was the food at the party?

Last night we had KFC. No, I'm not particularly fond of KFC, but it is the only chicken place around. A Popeyes is being built in town finally, but I was sooooooo hungry for chicken and so KFC was it. Rick had their sandwich and I had a 2-piece dinner, which I shared with the girls.

I have a small chuck marinating in the fridge to do in the NFG tonight with some kind of veggies. Rick is getting tired of potatoes; I'm allowed to have potatoes for the potassium, but can't eat the skin. Maybe I'll do a potato for me and some carrots for both of us.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How was the food at the party?

Last night we had KFC. No, I'm not particularly fond of KFC, but it is the only chicken place around. A Popeyes is being built in town finally, but I was sooooooo hungry for chicken and so KFC was it. Rick had their sandwich and I had a 2-piece dinner, which I shared with the girls.

I have a small chuck marinating in the fridge to do in the NFG tonight with some kind of veggies. Rick is getting tired of potatoes; I'm allowed to have potatoes for the potassium, but can't eat the skin. Maybe I'll do a potato for me and some carrots for both of us.
Have you tried their grilled chicken,surprisingly it's quite tastey!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I always keep a supply of ingredients for veggie chili in the house. Since it's a damp, rainy day I decided to make it for dinner tonight. DH is not going on strike about chili for dinner either. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.