What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I lived in Italy, too! Best bread in the world! :clap:

I am still having a slow recovery. DH offered to pick up fast food, but I wanted a real meal, so it was pork chops and gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet peas and Hawaiin rolls. Turned out pretty good for something so simple.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I lived in Italy, too! Best bread in the world! :clap:

I am still having a slow recovery. DH offered to pick up fast food, but I wanted a real meal, so it was pork chops and gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet peas and Hawaiin rolls. Turned out pretty good for something so simple.
Sounds like GREAT recovery food to me?I hope you're feeling 100% very soon- like yesterday❤

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had a large bowl of garden vegetable soup and added fusilli pasta with cremini mushrooms to it. DH had a sandwich on an onion roll with the last roasted chicken breast and yukon gold potatoes. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Thursday was my last day of chemo for the week and no way was I making dinner. We did Healthy Choice meals and washed them down with Dunkin' Donuts. What a dinner that was! But the donuts were especially good.

Tonight we're having delivery pizza with my sister and BIL. 1/2 of one of the pizzas will just be plain cheese for me. The rest can be what everybody else wants.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be grits casserole, and dinner will be a rather large portion of sweet potato casserole. LOL, that finishes off the sweet potato casserole, and gets the grits casserole down to just a few helpings, small enough to fit in my loaded freezer!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are absolutely crazy about your gf,aren't you?! Does she know what a lucky gal she is? No doubt she's as wonderful as you are- God Bless you both and have a GREAT 2024
:eek: :eek:probably i am:biggrin:i just know how lucky and well loved by her i am. so i always try to make sure she knows how grateful i am to have her in my life.:lol::lol: she is not to enthused about my after life plans to haunt her as a ghost though

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night we had pizza. Delivery pizza. From Papa John's. No, we're not crazy about Papa John's pizza, but they deliver, so that's what it was. We got some wings, too, and there's leftover pizza and wings. I think I'm going to save the wings and re-heat them in the NFG for NYE. I'm having a slice of cheese pizza for my breakfast as I type. :paperbag:

Anyway, I took some beef short ribs out of the freezer on Thursday to thaw in the fridge. Making French onion soup tonight for dinner. I'm cheating...did not make the bread from scratch; Rick bought a loaf of bread at the store. It will work.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
How much ham could I eat,lol- I think I'll freeze the rest

I'm really thinking of Chinese good food tonight since the Vet gave me a huge surprise,charging me only for the meds which was under $40.... I was expected at least $200 so I'm splurging for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.