What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester the food for dinner, made by our kitchen; was blah. I think they had frozen stuffed shells. They were ok. I did smell some Sauce cooking, but that could have been any one of the tenants, making it for Christmas. The roast beef was blah.. No seasoning. They do not use any salt, so bland. No pepper, No Garlic used. It was really bland. Not any flavor to it.. It had to be a cheap cut.. I think all they buy in here is brisket... and make it for many items.. but who knows with them.. Grilled asparagus was yuck--- They bought the pencil thin stalks. You cannot grill those thin spears.
The double stuffed potatoes were blah..no seasoning.. I could not even taste any cheese.. and very dry..

All in all, for the kitchen, who cannot cook, it was ok...

The triple chocolate cake was very rich and decadent. They may have bought that at BJ's.. or Costco..

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Grilling part of the sheep head fillet bro in law gave me
LOL, took me a minute to realize you were talking about that big, honking fish he caught. My first thought was, "EUWWWWW!" :crackup:

Tonight, lunch will either be fish sticks, or an omelet with cheese, green and red peppers, and onions. Dinner will be a chicken strip meal.

I just took my pork loin roast out of the freezer to thaw for Christmas dinner, a departure from my usual lasagna, but...it felt right.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day today between doctors appointment and grocery shopping,so lunch was late.When we were in WalMart,they had just put out some fried chicken,and no,it's not as good as Woods,but it was fresh right then,so I had that for my lunch.He had a couple of pieces for dinner and that was all he wanted.I'm not really hungry,so.......

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, took me a minute to realize you were talking about that big, honking fish he caught. My first thought was, "EUWWWWW!" :crackup:

Tonight, lunch will either be fish sticks, or an omelet with cheese, green and red peppers, and onions. Dinner will be a chicken strip meal.

I just took my pork loin roast out of the freezer to thaw for Christmas dinner, a departure from my usual lasagna, but...it felt right.
Oh my- I had no idea it was a fish

I'm Italian- in the old country
"Capozelli" is a favorite delicacy ( goats head)my grandparents missed having it readily availabld - not my favorite,wouldn't even try it - bahhhhhh So had you not mentioned I thought game misconduct game misconduct was eating sheep's heads :flail:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
KFC Mac and cheese, biscuit with butter, fries with ketchup. Biscuit was amazing!!! Dad had a subway sub and I gave him one of my biscuits.. It's all in one Mobil station. Also has a Dunkin.
I love their biscuits- sometimes I pick up a half dozen from KFC for biscuits n gravy

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made spaetzle last night to go with our beef and carrots. And made a bit of thin gravy to pour over the spaetzle. That's the PA Dutch in me!
Vegetarian pizza tonight. Got some sauce out of the freezer last night and will make dough this afternoon.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made roasted chicken for DH with baked potato and carrots. I had lunch out so ate a peanut butter & preserves sandwich with my DKB Raisin' the Roof bread for dinner. Gingerbread cake w/buttercream frosting for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made pizza yesterday. Just onions and peppers from the freezer. You know what? That thing was darn good. The dough was a little too springy, so I had to wait a couple times to give it time to relax before spreading it out on the sheet. I used pizza sauce from the freezer that I had made a few months ago. I was going to put pepperoni on Rick's half, but he said to let it go. Still really good.

Christmas dinner today around 1:00 or so. Filled pork chops with apples and raisins, Amish potato filling (which is essentially a combination of mashed potatoes and stuffing in one casserole, Copes dried corn (which Rick loves), roasted butternut squash, yam, and carrots. Gravy is made, so all I need do is heat it up as I'm working on dinner. We have iced tea. Rick has his cheesecake. And that's that.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lazy went out for dinner last night but it was a bit too late for me so lots of leftovers for lunch today. Ordered fettucini alfredo -comes with salad and breadsticks but I only managed a few bites of each, my mind was off thinking of a cozy bed with lots of soft pillows. Surpirsed husband didn't check me for a pulse because I know I didn't say much for a diinner conversation.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went back to KFC alone for lunch yesterday. Their mashed potatoes and butter are really good! Also liked the honey mustard and buffalo dipping sauces on my fries. The KFC sauce wasn't as good, not sure what is in that one. Also got mac and cheese again. Put pepper and salt packet on it, since it's bland, but that tiny salt packet was too much!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
YAY! CHRISTMAS EVE! The stocking are hung!

Lunch will almost certainly be waffles again, simply because they are the fastest and easiest to do, and I have Christmas Eve dinner to do! THAT will be grits casserole and a hot fruit "casserole." Takes a little bit of work to put together, but so worth it!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made roasted chicken for DH with baked potato and carrots. I had lunch out so ate a peanut butter & preserves sandwich with my DKB Raisin' the Roof bread for dinner. Gingerbread cake w/buttercream frosting for dessert.
I made gingerbread cake today for my trifle that is tomorrows dessert.It turned out so good and moist,no frosting is necessary.One of my favorite cakes!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our neighbors gave us a big locally made summer sausage with cheddar cheese and an assortment of cheeses for Christmas.It was so busy today between getting ready for the kids tomorrow and baking,we just had crackers and cheese and sausage for dinner.I had some gingerbread cake left over, cool whip and vanilla pudding,too,so he's in the kitchen fixing himself a snack right now.Know what?It's all sugar free!

Status
Not open for further replies.