What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our dinner yesterday was delicious. I did the pork chops in the top oven, the potatoes in the bottom oven, the dried corn in the microwave, and the squash, etc. in the Ninja. It all worked out. Rick had his cheesecake for dessert and I had two cookies.

We are doing brunch today and that will be all the cooking I will do.
Rick is making two quiches (recipe makes two), I'm making my version of Cracker Barrel's potato casserole, and we'll have a warm fruit salad. Orange juice. Between the leftovers from yesterday and then from today, we can fend for ourselves for dinner tonight.

I wanted to make sticky buns last night, but it didn't happen. Just too tired.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Merry Christmas to all..

Last night at my cousins: tons of food!!
ham, calzones--Italian and Chicken Parm, Pasta with sauce, Pasta with sauce and sausages, meatballs, salad, rolls eggplant Parm..
In addition to all the dips and appetizers..
Desserts: Yule log, cookies, and cookies, brownies....

Tons of stuff.
I had a piece of Italian calzone and a big slice of ham, a tiny piece of eggplant parm.
Dessert was a piece of brownie, and a chocolate chip cookie.
That was it.. I had eaten a meatball at home, around 3pm.
~~~~~~~~
Today is an easy, comfy day..
Ravioli, sauce, meatballs.. Dessert: blueberry pie or cookies or mint chocolate ice cream. I am just going with the flow, on what I want, when I want it... and how much I want.
Came home from early Mass, got into lounging pjs, had 2nd cup of coffee and a slice of blueberry pie.. listening to instrumental Christmas music...
a nice easy, quiet day... so glad.. and a feasting, picking on food day!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner_2023-12_xmas eve entree.jpg

Venison backstrap, sour cherry cranberry chutney, chestnut puree, Brussels sprouts
Wine was a merlot
Dinner_2023-12_xmas eve dessert.jpg

Dessert was fruitcake and chocolate coated fruitcake bonbons
Indulged ourselves and had a sweet muscat dessert wine to accompany​

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our dinner with the kids was wonderful.The stuffed acorn squash was a hit,and I also made bacon,onion,dried fruit and pecan brussel sprouts that were to die for as well.We had the gingerbread trifle and the look on my daughter in laws face was priceless!She asked me what it was,so I told her it was gingerbread cake...she said oh my,that's so good!She's never had it before,and it was layered with vanilla pudding,cool whip and a sprinkle of heath chips.Absolutely delicious!Sent them home just a bit ago with plenty of leftovers.We just had a wonderful day,and I hope you all did as well!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
l made tons of food but never ate,I had to take antibiotic ( cat bite- lol)I get for sick to my stomach from them-not a big deal,my guest has been sick so she was happy to cancel and we'll have our Christmas dinner tonight

Honey Baked ham with lots of sides

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We were invited for Christmas brunch at one of our dog friend neighbor's house yesterday. She loves to cook and I told her she should start her own catering company. She even made beautifully creative winter centerpieces. Too much to list but suffice to say we were stuffed. We went home with doggie bags for the humans so leftovers for dinner and dessert tonight.

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my company came over around 2pm and they've been sick,I'm on the antibiotics so none of us were real hungry at that time we enjoyed some chit chat & just packed up everyone's Christmas dinner " to-go" ...... Later,I finally ate and boy it was delish.....then the texts started rolling in- " Food is FANTASTIC and enough for 3days"

That made me very happy,love to feed people- its in my Italian DNA- lol

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my company came over around 2pm and they've been sick,I'm on the antibiotics so none of us were real hungry at that time we enjoyed some chit chat & just packed up everyone's Christmas dinner " to-go" ...... Later,I finally ate and boy it was delish.....then the texts started rolling in- " Food is FANTASTIC and enough for 3days"

That made me very happy,love to feed people- its in my Italian DNA- lol
While I'm not of Italian lineage their food is exceptional . I was fortunate to live in Italy from '89-'92.

Status
Not open for further replies.