What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheesy chicken enchiladas topped with sour cream and shredded lettuce.Never have I ever had enchiladas before but I loved this Pati Jinich recipe,so I made it all myself...the sauce was to die for and so simple,and I will admit the corn tortillas were not my strong suit but tasted good,shredded the chicken and seasoned with sour cream,garlic and chili powder.It all goes together into a casserole baked to melt the cheese.Hubby didn't like it,of course,so he had leftover biscuits and gravy.That's okay...more for me!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
This seem to match what Mom's Meals does pretty well!
Smoked Creamed Corn Recipe - Barbecuebible.com
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Thank you! GMTA! I have that book and was going to post the same recipe to see what you thought! :) If it's by Raichlen, it's going to be good.

Rick is in charge of the menu and cooking this week as I'm dealing with other stuff. Last night, he microwaved a couple Marie Callender chicken pot pies for us.

I don't know what's on the menu tonight.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH WOE, WOE IS ME! Just got notification that Mom's Meals will no longer accept my UHC card as of January. No more Mom's Meals, so I'm THRILLED that I found the smokehouse creamed corn recipe! I can still have that little treat, at least! Ah, well, I can now pay ALL of my utility bills, AND my OTC meds, so there is that!

Tonight is eggs scrambled with onions, and red and green peppers, with spiced fruit. Dinner will be teriyaki pork and veggies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The day just got away from me so I didn't plan anything for dinner. I'm going to have a spinach tortilla veggie wrap and sweet potato. DH has one leftover serving of bbq chicken that I made so he's having that with a baked potato and sweet corn. Raspberries for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
game misconduct game misconduct Here you go! A peeking duck for your dad...
1702688671737.png

Wait...that's not quite right!

Lunch will be a Colby omelet, a ham patty and spiced fruit. Dinner is a barbecued chicken patty, potato medley, and seasoned green beans.

I take back the OH WOE IS ME! Got notification today that the UHC card limit is going up next year! I'll be able to put ALL my utilities on it now, which means that most months, I can order from Mom's Meals on my debit card! YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.