What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What's KA? Is it a Kitchen Aid appliance of some type?
Lari Lari I'm sorry. Yeah, it's my Kitchen Aid mixer. My apologies.

Yesterday it was hot. It was humid. We had t-storms that only gave us 20 drops of rain before the t-storm would move on. That just made it worse. Sliced some onions, halved baby carrots, grabbed some pepper strips, minced garlic, grabbed some frozen broccoli cuts. And made stir-fried vegetables. I made a bit of stir-fry sauce on my own. And that was dinner. No rice. Just the vegetables. It worked.

Whatever we have tonight better be ice cold!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you do anything with the tomato sauce after you drain it?
I toss it. It's full of starch from the cooking pasta. I'm sure there's some great use for starchy tomato juice, but I have no clue what it is.

Dunno about tonight. That's about 17 hours away. I'm just here this early because I have to make a business call in about an hour.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another night of I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for since it was such a yucky rainy day out. But I think I'll have some steamed veggies with falafel. DH is having one of his favorite turkey burger sandwiches with tater tots. Kiwi and raspberries for dessert.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to make another salad; mixed baby lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, celery, cuke, Feta cheese. Picking up a chicken breast from downstairs, to add some protein. I do not care for what is on the menu: fried chicken or Mac & cheese. They always have baked chicken.

Too hot for hot food.

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a surfeit of fresh chicken legs that will mostly go to our raw-fed dog (plus some for the raw-fed cat) as fresh chicken legs were very well priced at the market today and I stocked up.

I've taken some of the "human portion" and grilled them until they became nicely browned (but not cooked entirely through) and then transferred them to a pot to stew in a sauce made from freshly toasted guajillo chilis, tomatoes, onions, garlic, homemade lemon pickle, a ton of fresh herbs from my garden (rosemary, thyme, and a couple different oregano varieties) and will finish with fresh cilantro later prior to serving.

The house smells so good right now.

Time to think about my side salad.

Getting hungry.

Bill

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
triyng out this bag of frozen won tons tonight gf has dinner with parents so i wil cook a bowl of ramen add in the won tons and hopefully have a half decent won ton noodle soup for my dinner :lol:
How did it turn out?

I had herb grilled chicken for dinner. It's one of the decent meals from the subscriptions worth getting.

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just pulled out a couple cod fillets from the freezer. Probably do something pesto-ish with them, maybe rice, plus salad.
Mmm. Love cod.

In recent years I've become a convert to cooking fish sous vide. So easy to go from freezer to a warm water bath set to just the right temp (with no time pressure of overcooking), until the fish is ready to season and sear.

I love it when I can be lazy and "gourmet" at the same time. LOL

Bill

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmm. Love cod.

In recent years I've become a convert to cooking fish sous vide.

I love it when I can be lazy and "gourmet" at the same time. LOL
Indeed!
Sous vide is the way to go for fish.
After a sous vide bath, I topped the cod with some pesto and finished warming in the toaster oven. Tasty 😋

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was chicken Alfredo. With nothing. They were out of the broccoli variety. Spit. It was...ok. Bland, a bit boring, but my tummy was full, which was the whole point of the excercise. Dinner MAY be a roast beef sandwich, or it MAY be totchos. I still have half a jar of queso sauce, half a jar of peppers, and some diced onions. I can live without the hamburger.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking frozen pizza tonight. Busy in the kitchen with garden stuff. And it's a wee bit cooler out today, with a lot less humidity, so the oven isn't so bad.

The last two nights, Rick and I have had ice cream. Yep. Ice cream. I've been having Rocky Road and Rick has been eating Moose Tracks. Not healthy in the slightest and I never, not once in a million years, ever thought that would be supper. But well, there you go. Neither of us felt like cooking and we didn't feel like fast food. Hotter than Hades and the humidity was stifling. We didn't feel like much of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.