What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I may have to order 3 big cans of tomato juice, a jar of pesto, and a new jar of Parmesan cheese. I boil the spaghetti IN the tomato juice, drain it well, toss with the pesto, and top with the cheese. Yummy, but fairly light on a hot day.

Lunch was chicken Alfredo with broccoli. If I go in strict rotation on my sandwich supplies, I'll have pastrami with Provolone, but I'm kinda in the mood for roast beef with cheddar.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I first got it, I couldn't understand how it tasted so horrible until I learned I was one of those genetically cilantro tastes like soap people.
Join the club, I can't tolerate cilantro either. :nono: I've found you either love it or hate it, no in-between.

I'm making DH the bbq chicken that didn't happen last week but not sure what I'm in the mood for this early in the day.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:you both just need to ask it to be made with no cilantro i used to hate it to only like it with raw onion really onion taste is strong enough to kill most of the cilantro taste
I didn't know you could get it without cilantro. I thought that was an integral ingredient.

I plan to make this taco salad.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cilantro is just an optional garnish in pho. If you don't like it, ask for it to be omitted :) Substitute with something else if you like, maybe Thai basil or lime wedges or peanuts.Here's a recipe if you want to try making it at home: How To Make Vietnamese Beef Noodle Pho There's probably slow cooker recipes out on the Internet somewhere but it won't be anything like the real thing, taste-wise anyways.

I pulled out a meal from the freezer, aleppo chicken. I have a delivery this week, grilled chicken I think? I've been skipping a lot of deliveries lately. I guess there's not much offered during the summer.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well now I'll have to try pho again. I know the one time I had it, cilantro was listed in the ingredients and I'd never had it so I just looked and said "sounds like I should like everything in this" and couldn't end up finishing it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have to order 3 big cans of tomato juice, a jar of pesto, and a new jar of Parmesan cheese. I boil the spaghetti IN the tomato juice, drain it well, toss with the pesto, and top with the cheese. Yummy, but fairly light on a hot day.
That sounds good. Do you do anything with the tomato sauce after you drain it?

I had stir fried vegetables and tofu.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:biggrin:turns out that golf club cooks pretty good food i ordered a black sea bass dish with garbanzo beans with some type of miso sauce gf had some kind of bbq chicken a half chicken friends ordered a rack of lamb other one a mahi mahi we all ended up trying a bite of this or that from each others plate so we all got full along with getting a lil taste of everything. good food, good friends add up to a good time:rolleyes:except the blister i got on my pinky toe from a not quite broken pair of dress shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.