What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making one of my bowls - brown rice with broccoli, carrots, green onion, stewed tomatoes, black beans and avocado. I offered to make DH bbq chicken but he wants a turkey burger on an onion roll with baby sized potatoes. Graeter's mocha chocolate chip ice cream was on sale and it's one of our favorites so that will be dessert.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
They had a choice of either roast beef sub, with Cole slaw, fries... or eggplant parmigiana with pasta..
I swear they either have 2 good options at a time, or none at all. They cannot get their act together!!!

I got half of a roast beef sub, and a tiny bit of eggplant--to taste. Since I am on the food committee, I wanted to see how it was. It was pretty good. Last time they had it, there was nothing but complaints. I would get it again, but they are so inconsistent with quality..

A fruit Popsicle and some trail mix for dessert.. no lunch for me.. I was busy..

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I could go for a sub. Ham and cheese with light wet peppers, please.

That being said, however, I think it will be pizza tonight. On a small baking sheet instead of my pizza stone. Caramelized onions, sauteed peppers, and pepperoni.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
That makes two of us, great minds think alike! :thumbsup: I gave DH 2 choices this morning and he agreed we would make our own thin crust pizzas. Kiwi and honeycrisp apples for dessert or maybe the other half of the quart of Graeter's mocha chocolate chip ice cream.😉
That makes 3 of us!! Yup... cheese pizza..

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Probably a beef and broccoli stir fry over brown rice. That will use up the last of the roast beef leftovers. (When I use leftover beef for something like this, I stir fry everything else first and flop the beef strips in only long enough to heat them a bit since they're already cooked. It works OK, as long as I'm careful not to overcook the beef. We have some nice rare slices left that I can use.)

For our pizza last night, I tried something from Cook's Country for the crust. For the first time ever, instead of kneading the dough with my hands (it's too hot), I let my KA do the kneading. It didn't turn out half bad. Put an older large cookie sheet in the oven (I don't have a pizza steel) and let that preheat at 500 degrees. I made my pizza on a smaller cookie sheet. And then I put the small cookie sheet on top of the preheated large cookie sheet and baked it that way. The result was a really nice browned bottom and a crust that was almost like focaccia. Very good. I'll be making it again with tweaks.

Normally, I prefer to knead yeast dough myself because I get a better feel for what the dough needs. Last night, I figured, "It's pizza dough, not bread dough. Let the KA do the work." Worked out well.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh.. I think my karma has turned really bad.. I mean it. Everything is so stressful. It seems that I cannot do anything right for anyone.. including myself.. dam
I hate to feel that I am being taken advantage of.. and I do not want to be treated as child, or even talked down to. It seems that has been happening for 3 weeks now. I am tired of it. I finally blew my top at someone. Now, it has come back to bite me. I cannot stand it. I just want to crawl into a cave, or just not have any contact with people. I want to go out and about, but nothing to do with people.. seriously.. I am tired of keeping my mouth shut and internalizing everything. I am finally, in my life, opening my mouth, standing up for myself, yet, the old ways keep coming back.. yes, I do have a temper.. but being treated as an employee, instead of a valued volunteer-really gets to me. And people getting involved, when it does not concern them.. and gossip.. This place..

The hits keep coming, also.. more stress to deal with..

Just venting
~~~~~
Today:
*very minor morning stuff. Cleaner is here to scrub bathroom--tile, floor, and to scrub kitchen floor.. It gets so dusty from the litter. The bathroom is 3/4 tile. It is too hard for me to deal with, on a routine basis.
*Put stuff back
*paid bills
*Put stuff back together.
* not sure what else. I want to get an ice cream, but it is 85 degrees at 10:45am, the roads will be crowded and the humidity will be really bad.. Air Quality and Heat Advisory... dam
* leftover pizza for supper

Geoffrey is under my bed. Hiding from Kathy--cleaner.

Just in a bad mood.. circumspective, down, depressed with mankind & myself.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I want to get an ice cream, but it is 85 degrees at 10:45am, the roads will be crowded and the humidity will be really bad.
Just a suggestion, don't know if it will help but could you get a pint or quart of ice cream on your next shopping trip? That way you can keep it in the freezer and when a craving hits especially on a dreadfully hot/humid day you won't have to worry about going out for it.

I can't believe I'm saying this but DH and I are having soup for dinner. :eek: It's super hot and humid here too but fortunately we have the a/c on and both in the mood for lentil vegetable soup. :dunno: Kiwi and mini-ice cream sandwich for me. Yasso coffee chocolate chip bar and honeycrisp apple for DH for dessert.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.