Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spaghetti and meatball.
My first thought was "shouldn't there be an "s" at the end of meatball. Then I read the rest of your post, and realized singular meatball was correct. :(

I was a bit motivated today, and baked some cornbread this afternoon, which turned out really well. I normally make cornbread into muffins, so not sure if making it into bread was the difference, or I was just lucky this time. But it was yummy. :yummy:

And then because I needed something to go with my cornbread, I threw together some onion, garlic, canned chili style beans, canned stewed tomatoes, Gardein veggie round, chili powder and cumin. So vegetarian chili and cornbread for dinner, plus a small Royal Gala apple for dessert. And I'll likely have a piece of chocolate bar later in the evening.

That reminds me, not the chocolate, but the later in the evening part, that micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom hasn't posted in a bit. Everything ok, I hope. :hugs:

Also, for anyone who's noticed we're also missing muffy muffy , there's a thread about her here: Muffy :hugs:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That reminds me, not the chocolate, but the later in the evening part, that micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom hasn't posted in a bit. Everything ok, I hope. :hugs:
Funny you should mention micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom since I was thinking about her the other day. Thanks for reminding us. I hope she's feeling alright too. And what about 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 ? I haven't seen him post in a loooooooong time.

I think I'm going to have something simple tonight, scrambled eggs with chopped veggies over spinach leaves. I hope that doesn't make anyone shudder either. 😉

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw this and thought it might be helpful for you to plan out your vegetarian meals: A Week of Easy, Make-Ahead Vegetarian Dinners
Thank you. I definitely need to start using recipes because my cooking is just getting worse and worse. I try to create things that sound so good in my mind, but they end up tasting horrible.

For lunch I had a pasta casserole. It was okay, I put some jerk sauce in it that my brother sent me.

For dinner I made an enchilada casserole and I must have messed up the spices because it tasted like dirt. :lol:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The spaghetti and meatball was meh. Really disappointing for Bertucci's :disappointed: I should have requested a different pasta lunch from the list that was emailed to everyone. I think I'll toss the leftovers and have the beef stew from the meal subscription for dinner tomorrow instead.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was quite warm here today,and neither one of us was particularly hungry.I was going to fix brats and all the goodies,but he wanted pizza that was leftover and I made me some cold sesame noodles,which were delicious!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You know I'm a worrier, so I had to comment and just say "make sure you Google to ensure the vinegar won't react badly with any medications you might be taking". 🤗
With all of my meds, I run EVERYTHING by my doctor first! He was all for it, and is thrilled with the results!

I know...but I LIKE cranberry juice. When I was a kid, I had LOTS of UTIs, so everytime I was thirsty, I got handed either water or cranberry juice. I started liking it. And, because you already expect "tart," the sourness of the vinegar isn't that bad. After 4 months of doing it, it is actually tremendously refreshing now. And plain cranberry juice tastes sweet to me.

After reading about all the pizzas last night, I just ordered one from Pizza Hut for tonight!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With all of my meds, I run EVERYTHING by my doctor first! He was all for it, and is thrilled with the results!

I know...but I LIKE cranberry juice. When I was a kid, I had LOTS of UTIs, so everytime I was thirsty, I got handed either water or cranberry juice. I started liking it. And, because you already expect "tart," the sourness of the vinegar isn't that bad. After 4 months of doing it, it is actually tremendously refreshing now. And plain cranberry juice tastes sweet to me.

After reading about all the pizzas last night, I just ordered one from Pizza Hut for tonight!
I love cranberry juice and ACV is great. I got rid of a UTI by drinking them together. I use the Bragg's ACV or any brand that has the mother.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
What I want is all the fabulous ;) stuff I've been reading about. Patty melts, pot roasts, potato salad,
mashed potatoes, corn bread, Lizzie's nachos, fish, big salads, etc

Here is a rundown on what I've had .....
Baked potatoes as a meal
Italian sausage
Brats
Nicole's homemade mac&cheese
Raspberry pie
McDonald's twice this week, McDouble x 2 days, large fries x 2 days.
Brussel sprouts
Broccoli
Big salads
Oatmeal about x 5
Pizza from Domino's, I was surprised how tasty it was, very thin crust, I bought it and had her pick the toppings, extra cheese and extra bacon, fabulous!

Yesterday I got Chinese food and I have enough left over for 2 more meals. The hot and sour soup
was the hottest I've eve had.🌶

Not sure what Nicole is making tonight

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you. I definitely need to start using recipes because my cooking is just getting worse and worse. I try to create things that sound so good in my mind, but they end up tasting horrible.
Recipes are good when you're first getting into cooking. Then tweak them a bit for your own taste preferences. And then, don't feel like you can't make the same thing again. I've read that most people have a core number of meals they prepare over and over. So once you find something you like, write down the ingredients you used, and put it away for future reference. :yummy:

Good to hear! :clap2:

I'm doing fine! just lots of things needing doing. thank you for thinking of me! :biggrin:
Thanks for checking in. We worry, you know, when folks just up and disappear. :grouphug2:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ordered one from Pizza Hut for tonight!
I was a waitress there for many years. I got a free personal pan pizza every day and never got sick of it. I hated working there though!

The abomination I made for lunch isn't worth mentioning. I almost puked. 🤣

For dinner I had the rest of that Spanish Quinoa mixture with hot sauce on it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The stew should have been really called root vegetables with beef. It was giant rounds of potato and carrots with some celery and peas and 8 mini crouton sized pieces of beef :rolleyes3: I know the company focuses on mostly plant-based meals but calling something a beef stew when it's really not is just wrong. The stew was good, though. There are meals I won't order again, like the burrito bowl which was all onion and a few beans. I have a delivery today. It's two salads, two grain bowls, and a Mexican chicken plate. I'll have one of the salads for dinner.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The salad I had today was good :) It had greens, buckwheat, carrots, yellow beets, almonds, blueberries. I paused the subscription for the next two weeks so I can work my way through the several containers of meals I have in the freezer and cook some of the chicken thighs before they go bad.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because of the quarantine in the independent living retirement community I'm in, we have a choice of four meals. They are delivered to our apartment.

I had minestrone soup, salad, beef tenderloin, baked potato, green beans, and baby carrots. Ice cream for desert.
It's great that I don't have to cook, especially with the danger of the virus if I buy food at the store. I have a full kitchen so I do cook some meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.