Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Today was get the hair cut day
Are beauty salons open by you?

While I was watching the lunch break segment on the news the other day I saw them make a recipe I knew DH would like, i.e. tater tot casserole. So I made it for him tonight and he loved it! 👍 Not my cup of tea so I had an avocado salad with bakery roll on the side.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are beauty salons open by you?

While I was watching the lunch break segment on the news the other day I saw them make a recipe I knew DH would like, i.e. tater tot casserole. So I made it for him tonight and he loved it! 👍 Not my cup of tea so I had an avocado salad with bakery roll on the side.
Yes they have opened...last week I believe.They have a shower curtain hanging from the ceiling between each station,which I thought was clever,and they were busy too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Those pizza pictures look yummy! And that's what we're having tonight. Friday night has turned into Pizza Night. I'm going to make a hoagie pizza, so-called because the shredded mozz is first, followed by shredded lettuce, some chopped onion, diced fresh tomatoes, and basil and oregano. No sauce. And I'm out of mozz, so pepper Jack will have to do.

I took ham out of the freezer for ham and cheese sliders last night and still have some left. I may sliver and throw that on top of the pizza.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hot dogs. With cheese and onions! I know you are all just shocked!!! However, after the slow cooker pot roast, I'm definitely looking at more slow cooker recipes. I got FOUR meals out of that pot roast, and I'm all for something that lets me get four meals at once, with almost no effort!

I managed to get SIX bell peppers at the store on Monday! Three green and three red. Tonight, I'm going to prep and freeze them. One of each color will get slice, one of each rough chopped, and one of each diced. That way, when I want to cook something that calls for bell pepper, I'm covered! Thinking about getting two extra bags of onions and doing the same thing...slice, rough chop and dice, for the freezer, as well. Get all my prep work done up front.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They sell pre-chopped frozen onions at Walmart, only $1 a bag. I admit to using those when crunchiness isn't needed :paperbag: . But it's probably cheaper to chop and freeze it yourself.

I made "crack chicken" pasta. Idk if I did it wrong but it wasn't SUPER AMAZING like crack chicken is supposed to be. It was pretty good though. Just tasted like mac & cheese with ranch seasoning and chicken in it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had some mushrooms left over from making my pizzas, so I needed to use them up. Ended up making a fried rice combo of mushrooms, green pepper, onion and celery, with basmati rice from one of the instant cups. I think it could have used something to turn it into "chick'n fried rice" Maybe tofu. Or a faux chicken. No idea about tonight yet.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I was gonna have mac n cheese with hot dogs (and yes, I was adding diced onion), but I forgot to take the hot dogs out of the freezer. SO....um...I'm feeling honey-mustardish, and I'm thinking corn dogs (those are premade...pop in microwave for a minute, and done!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The emergency alert went off on my phone for a flood warning, it's been non-stop pouring rain here all day. So DH and I decided to put some veggie quinoa burgers in the oven and make sandwiches. Then we shared an espresso bean chocolate bar followed by a honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.