What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had way too many desserts today to name them all. We finished everything except for the pumpkin pie ice cream. Most of the desserts were way too sweet. I don't like pie, cake, cupcakes, donuts, brownies, chocolate bars, candy, cookies...But I kinda liked cinnamon rolls, muffins, and caramel apples. So I will try those again. Caramel apples appear to be seasonal though, they are out of stock now.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I dunno. It's still LAST NIGHT to me, and I had a stuffed bell pepper that Suzanne brought me. I should stuff peppers more often. I could do a dozen, freeze them, then thaw and bake later. That actually sounds like a plan! ~scampers off to add bell peppers to the shopping list~

Caramel apples appear to be seasonal though, they are out of stock now.
You know, those are quite easy to make at home. I used to do them for my boys all the time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday/Sunday, I sauteed a couple thin-sliced pork chops and threw together vegetable rice, using Trader Joe's brown rice medley.
Saturday was grilled cheese sandwiches. Rick ran down to the cheesemaker for a wheel of baby Swiss cheese on Friday afternoon. And since I baked cookies all afternoon, Rick said he'd make the grilled cheese. Worked for me. He makes better sandwiches than I do. He even put mustard on mine.

Not sure about tonight. We're grabbing groceries today, so we may just pick something up.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not selected from the menu today. I was planning on having leftovers from yesterday, but allergies along with headache stopped me.

I took a ham steak out of the freezer, planning it for the week-end; nope.. still sitting in refrigerated.

I wonder if it is still good? I think so. It is still in it's original packaging.

I wanted to try a couple of sides from TJ's : Roasted Green beans, and Roasted baby potatoes.
I can easily make them myself, but wanted a treat. I guess I will use them today. I do too eat enough veggies. I need to .. my diet has been horrendous, lately.. gaining back the weight I lost.. from stress.. and from Pandemic PTSD.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night I had rotini and pasta sauce, and a piece of garlic toast, plus a couple clementines for dessert.

Tonight I'm making a soup in the Crockpot - carrots, onion, celery, turnip, potato, likely canned stewed tomatoes, and kidney beans for the protein.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My crockpot soup ended up being stovetop soup, because apparently my crockpot isn't working well anymore. So, guess I'll be watching the Black Friday sales. :ohwell:

Soup ingredients, for anyone interested, was carrots, onion, celery, turnip, potato, corn, edamame, stewed tomatoes, and canned kidney beans. Seasoned with veggie broth, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, a couple bay leaves, and salt. I had a few crackers with the soup, and for dessert a small slice of lemon loaf, and a clementine.

IMG_2077.jpg

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My crockpot soup ended up being stovetop soup, because apparently my crockpot isn't working well anymore. So, guess I'll be watching the Black Friday sales. :ohwell:

Soup ingredients, for anyone interested, was carrots, onion, celery, turnip, potato, corn, edamame, stewed tomatoes, and canned kidney beans. Seasoned with veggie broth, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, a couple bay leaves, and salt. I had a few crackers with the soup, and for dessert a small slice of lemon loaf, and a clementine.

View attachment 359017
That lòoks so delicious!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my crockpot isn't working well anymore.
Sorry about your crockpot, but that looks delicious.

Breakfast: Terrible Sunbest granola that has no clusters, it looks like mueslix, just flat pieces. I'm gonna ask dad if he wants to give it to the birds. 2% cow milk on it, and finished up the diced cantaloupe.

Lunch: Knorr Pasta Sides Stroganoff packet. I'm pretty confident these are vegetarian because on the ones that have chicken in them, they list chicken fat or chicken broth pretty clearly. I can't be too strict with Natural Flavors, they are in everything, even my hot cocoa.

Dinner: Tofu in olive oil & BBQ sauce, mac & cheese with habanero hot sauce, peas, carrots, crackers with dark roasted almond butter.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rice. Sauteed slice onion and mushrooms in butter and olive oil, lid on pot to simmer. As they finished I added diced chicken that had been removed from soup pot before it fell off the bone yesterday, together with a ladle full of the stock, just to warm the chicken. Some chunks of carrot, also from the stock pot - good color with white rice, pale chicken, beige-tan mushrooms. And sugar snap peas - not from soup pot! - for flavor and color. Came together in about 30 minutes. Nice meal, good flavor, pleasing to the eye.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy busy day today with doc appts in the morning,had to pick up a new inhaler,drop off honey to a couple of customers,wash dog blankies...there was leftover sausage gravy from the other night,so I just made half a batch of biscuits and called it dinner.It was so good!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
my diet has been horrendous, lately.. gaining back the weight I lost.. from stress.. and from Pandemic PTSD.
We're all in that boat. Now, if we could just convince the calories to socially distance!

I have no clue what I'll have when I get up tonight. I may thaw out a package of bacon for sandwiches.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftovers tongiht.

Yesterday, I did make the TJ's roasted green beans.. heated in sauté pan..Now, I know how they taste, so I will not hesitate to make my own.
TJ's Roasted potato and veggie, garlic, red onion... I had to cook much longer in my toaster oven, at a hight heat. It was ok... not a real fan of it. It has Brussel sprouts--nope; zucchini-nope.. sweet and regular potatoes, red pepper~~~ just not my taste.. I will try it agin today.. I can make my own.. with a better flavor.
I did sautés a ham slice, stove top.. in some water and a bit of my butter. It was ok.. I do prefer a whole ham; but for one person...
I may freeze the other half of the slice, since it is cooked.

Had a couple of anisette biscotti for dessert.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made Tuscan Chicken in the Instant Pot. I made a few substitutions because I only had dry sun-dried tomatoes and frozen spinach, but the recipe called for oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes and fresh spinach, plus I ran the Instant Pot twice; first to cook the frozen chicken and the second time to cook the pasta. So it turned out very dark and the tomatoes are squishy. It's good but I like weird things, not sure if the way it turned out would appeal to most people. I should try making it the right way some time ;). Anyway that'll be lunch for the rest of the week too.
Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta - Cooking Classy

Status
Not open for further replies.