Adopting 4 kittens

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After living in our house for a couple of months since the loss of our last cat, we are jumping back in.

Our vet stumbled across a bunch of kittens who had been abandoned in a nearby cemetery. He got some of the staff to come over to the cemetery with cat carriers, and they rounded up 13 kittens. When we had to put Loki down, he had asked if we would be getting more cats, and I told him absolutely. So, he called me the morning after they got the kittens just to let me know. :) They estimate that they are about 4 weeks old. We went to the vet's office yesterday to see them. We will be adopting 4 of them when they are old enough and have been vaccinated.

Here are pictures:

20240516_161332 cropped.jpg

20240516_161428 cropped.jpg

20240516_161449 cropped.jpg

Now, we are working on names for these 4 boys. :whiskers::whiskers::whiskers::whiskers:

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After living in our house for a couple of months since the loss of our last cat, we are jumping back in.
I endorse that course of action. Just shortly after losing my old man I rescued two kittens prowling around the dumpster out back. Going on a year since then now. Helped me getting over losing him. And since their personalities were completely different it didn't invite comparisons.

Cute little fellas. You might find it quite the challenge keeping up with the young fellas.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh boy, you really are jumping back in, four kittens! They're adorable. How long has it been since you've had rambunctious kittens in the house? :runningcat: :dizzycat: :runningcat::dizzycat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh boy, you really are jumping back in, four kittens! They're adorable. How long has it been since you've had rambunctious kittens in the house? :runningcat: :dizzycat: :runningcat::dizzycat:
It has been quite a while since we had a very young kitten in our house. Loki was the only cat that we had as a young (about 12 weeks) kitten. The others were between 9 months and 14 months. I am looking forward to the chaos and mayhem. :biggrin:

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It has been quite a while since we had a very young kitten in our house. Loki was the only cat that we had as a young (about 12 weeks) kitten. The others were between 9 months and 14 months. I am looking forward to the chaos and mayhem. :biggrin:
Kitten proof everything! Make sure they have lots of toys. Kittens are full of energy. Don't be distressed when they throw each other all over like mini wrestlers. It's how they learn to play nice. Speaking from experience, the contrast from an older cat is really something. My old man Sammie was basically a pillow that ate. These two youngsters get into everything.

Last edited:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, my gracious! They are so adorable. Such unusual markings. Bless you for taking them in and if you need any help naming them, please just say the word. :thumbsup:

And VinceL VinceL I just noticed your location. We are practically neighbors.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's funny how easy it is to forget how "raising" kittens is such a task! I fostered a lot of kittens but it's different when you're raising them. The fosters usually left my house before they were out of the "silly kitten" stage. There is a rebellious stage where they know they aren't supposed to do something and they ignore you or even stare at you while they do it. At night I'd go to sleep just expecting something to get broken. Four is going to be chaos but it sounds like you welcome it! You'll have a full house!