What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since we went to a favorite Korean vegan restaurant for lunch we have plenty of leftovers for dinner tonight. The restaurant is owned by two brothers who are wonderful chefs. I ordered Chop Chae - steamed sweet potato noodles, three kinds of mushrooms and healthy veggies. My daughter had a type of stew - miso for the base with tons of veggies, tofu and dumplings.

View attachment 353406
Those look delicious. :yummy: And much more appetizing than the pic of my dinner that I'm going to post. It's microwaved frozen macaroni with stewed tomatoes, green pepper, and veggie round which I'd made back in July. It tasted fine, even if it does look a bit like a "dog's breakfast" :lol: The garlic toast is frozen store bought that I heated up in the toaster oven.

1601772361683.png

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chop Chae
The only Korean restaurant in the area was named Chae's, because the owner/chef was a Korean woman named Chae. So when some of the dishes were named something like Chop Chae, I assumed it was her specialty, I didn't know that's actually the proper name :paperbag: . The restaurant is still running under a different name and with different cooks, but they got to keep her recipes so it's still pretty good. The veggie pancakes are amazing. And her kimchi recipe is the best I've had.

I just had microwave burritos with cheese sauce for dinner, feeling lazy.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
even if it does look a bit like a "dog's breakfast
I think it looks fab! I would eat it with you. I'll have to try stewed tomatoes. Were they from a can?

butternut squash with a potato, EVOO, S&P, perhaps some thyme or parsley, or herbs de provence
That sounds so good!

Breakfast: Dad & I finished up that Aldi honey bunches of oats knockoff cereal with 2% cow milk. Aldi substituted this cereal for one of my granolas a month ago. Too sweet!

Lunch: Veggie Stir-fry sammich on Great Value wheat bread toasted- celery, orange bell pepper, onion, cabbage, stir-fry sauce, habanero hot sauce, lentils, mixed baby greens, pepper jack cheese.

Dinner: Practiced making stir-fry again and it finally tasted good! Celery, cabbage, bell peppers, onion, stir-fry sauce, habanero hot sauce, Aldi vegetarian chickenless tenders, mixed baby greens, Aldi whole wheat sketti. I put the sauce on at the beginning instead of at the end when they usually tell you to. It made a huge difference, tasted so much better.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big race day for me so I didn't cook much...boiled new potatoes(ours from the garden are almost gone..so sad),green beans from the garden and pecan smoked sausage from Aldis that is absolutely outstanding....Holmes Smokehouse from Texas.If you like that sort of thing and get a chance...delish!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fire station had their Oktoberfest yesterday. We had something else last night and enjoyed our takeout tonight.
Quakertown Fire Company Oktoberfest_2020-10_Oktoberfest platter and spareribs.jpg
On the left: grilled weisswurst and bratwurst buried under sauerkraut, 3 potato pancakes in the center, then half of the half rack of barbecued spareribs. In the background the remaining sides from the order - applesauce, coleslaw, and some really nice mustard. The beers were ours. My potato pancakes are better but I'll never match their barbecue. Yummy!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Thanks! Turns out I had had that cake bookmarked! I'm going to try it. I need some applesauce. All that applesauce that I made last year and there's not a bit of applesauce in either freezer downstairs. That's the first time in forever that we have run out of sauce. (As I recall, Dear Richard said, "Oh, don't make so much this time; I'm not working and I won't be eating it as often." Wrong!)

Our meatloaf was good last night and there's enough left for one sandwich for each of us tonight. With a bit of cole slaw.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I made homemade pizzas and cinnamon rolls. I haven’t played around with dough or baked in a while, so I enjoyed it. Everything turned out wonderful.

I noticed my pasta attachment for my Kitchenaid stand mixer in the cupboard yesterday. I haven’t made fresh pasta in a while so I will sometime this week. :yummy:

It will be a chilly day today. I am making a beef stew for dinner tonight.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Meatloaf in the FG, either with a pan of scalloped potatoes or simple mashed potatoes with gravy. And green beans on the side.
I watched this video yesterday. I love Lidia. Now I want this meatloaf. I'd have it without the tomato sauce though.

I don't know what I'll have tonight. Last night I roasted a couple of chicken thighs. The girls and I shared them. I had steamed broccoli and cauliflower with it. I sprinkled some everything bagel seasoning on the veggies. It was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.