What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to Fast for a PCP doctor appointment. I was thinking about Starbucks coffee, and a snack..
Starving on the way home. I almost drove past it, but, at the last minute I decided to stop at a new Italian restaurant/take out place.. It had awesome reviews from a friend of mine. She loves this place. A bit pricey.. but all prices have increased this year. I had been thinking about a cheeseburger for supper, but this place, just 'hit' me...as I almost missed the exit off the highway...
I was coming home from Boston.

I was there before noon, and ordered a meatball sub... Why, I do not know.. I usually get either a steak and cheese sub, or steak tips dinner, or a salad of some kind, with protein.

What I got, was amazing!!! It was a huge meatball sub, with melted provolone cheese, on a homemade sub roll... It was so good!!

The meatballs were huge, about the size of a large ice cream scoop, or a baseball: combo of pork and hamburger... the sauce was sos sos sos good....the bread was toasted, and the entire sub, with the cheese, was placed under the broiler, to melt... OMG>... Did I say they made their own bread, daily!!!!!!!!!! so fresh...

I have not had a meatball sub in a hundred years.. This was excellent!!

I think I was the first walk-in customer. By noontime, the phone was ringing off the hook for orders, the kitchen (open) was singing, and so many people in cam for pick up orders.. the orders were lining the kitchen's open window..

I guess this is an up and coming place.. it is awesome...
Very clean, Staff wore masks, social distancing.. They have tables for in site see, but at lunch, everyone was take out.. a booming business.

I tried to share the sub with someone in here, but they declined. So I have the second half for supper tomorrow. I will reheat under the toaster oven. so yummy....
I have not had a really 'cheat' meal, since March... so good...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a huge meatball sub, with melted provolone cheese, on a homemade sub roll..
I always order sandwiches when I go out to eat. They are always delicious and usually affordable.

Breakfast: Finished up the Nature's Path Honey & Peanut Nut Butter cereal with 2% cow milk.

Lunch: Veggie Stir-fry sammich on Great Value wheat bread toasted, olive oil, celery, orange bell pepper, onion, lentils, stir-fry sauce, colby jack cheese.

Dinner: Veggie Stoup, soup/stew--butter, olive oil, garlic, onion, potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage, peas, cannellini beans, turmeric, sage, celery salt, Sam's Choice vegan protein broth, evaporated milk. I cooked up some marinated tofu chunks separately in olive oil and threw that in my bowl of stoup. OMG so good. I need to learn how to marinate my own tofu because it really makes a difference in the taste!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made white chicken chili and cornbread from scratch...OMG so good!Hubby says...you know that broth has a little bit of a kick,and I passed him my bowl and said pour it in mine.He says oh no...it's really good....and he finished his and had small seconds.Who knew?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, tonight (last night to you guys...It's very late Friday night to me) I was feeling sour creamish, so I had taquitos. Dunno about when I wake up...but whatever it is, dessert will be a piece of really KILLER pecan cake with caramel icing! I love it when a cake comes out just right!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since we went to a favorite Korean vegan restaurant for lunch we have plenty of leftovers for dinner tonight. The restaurant is owned by two brothers who are wonderful chefs. I ordered Chop Chae - steamed sweet potato noodles, three kinds of mushrooms and healthy veggies. My daughter had a type of stew - miso for the base with tons of veggies, tofu and dumplings.

IMG_0622.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chop Chae -
Is that the one on the white dinner plate? That looks like something I would order. The perfect dinnerplate size portion too, since I like to measure everything. 👍

Breakfast: Great Value wheat bread toasted with 1TB banana peanut butter mixed with 1TB blackberry preserves. That banana peanut butter is nasty! Nothing fixes it. Maybe I'll try mixing it with butter or honey. Also had some diced up fresh pineapple.

Lunch: Veggie stir-fry sammich on Great Value wheat bread toasted- olive oil, celery, orange bell pepper, onion, mixed baby greens, lentils, stir-fry sauce, habanero sauce, colby jack cheese.

Dinner: Practiced making stir-fry again- olive oil, celery, cabbage, onion, mixed baby greens, diced up Aldi veggie chickenless tenders, stir-fry sauce, habanero sauce, Aldi whole wheat sketti. It's getting better each time I practice! I just keep tweaking it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.