What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It rained most of the day and we had cool temps so I decided to make lentil soup with a chopped veggie salad. I've been able to eat my honeycrisp apples again but have to cut them up in tiny pieces since my dental surgery.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your homemade veggie burger looks so much better than my store bought ones! I need to try making some.

Breakfast: OMG, my new cereal was so delicious! I thought it was granola, but it's flakes with a little bit of granola clusters. It has peanut butter in it. Nature's Path Honey & Peanut Nut Butter cereal. I had sliced red grapes in it & unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Grapes taste kinda weird in cereal, but I'm trying every fruit. :thumbsup:

Lunch: Veggie Sammich on Great Value wheat bread toasted, mayo, orange french dressing, habanero hot sauce, Vegemite, sharp cheese, lettuce, tomato, pecans, red grapes, cucumbers.

Dinner: I made a vegetarian meatball sandwich and it was so good! Or maybe it was a Sloppy Joe. What is the difference? Great Value wheat bread toasted. With red, orange, yellow bell peppers, onions, crumbled veggie meatballs, Aldi chunky garden veggie pasta sauce, sharp cheese cooked in olive oil in frying pan.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I never had melted cheese on apples! I'll have to try it.
OH, apples and cheese are WONDERFUL together! I even melt cheddar on top of apple pie. SO much better than ice cream!

Fixed some fried taters and onions (as they say out here),
I can make a meal out of JUST fried taters and onions!

Now, tonight. My neighbor has brought over a BIG bowl of white chili that smells insanely good. I believe I have a can of jalapeños in the pantry, along with a box of Jiffy cornbread mix (short cut!). And I KNOW there's plenty of shredded cheddar in the freezer, so...white chili with Mexican cornbread!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH, apples and cheese are WONDERFUL together! I even melt cheddar on top of apple pie. SO much better than ice cream!

I can make a meal out of JUST fried taters and onions!

Now, tonight. My neighbor has brought over a BIG bowl of white chili that smells insanely good. I believe I have a can of jalapeños in the pantry, along with a box of Jiffy cornbread mix (short cut!). And I KNOW there's plenty of shredded cheddar in the freezer, so...white chili with Mexican cornbread!
Speaking of Jiffy mix, these are on my to-make list. I think I have some blueberries in the freezer. If not, I can make them without them. I have real maple syrup and honey also to put on them. Yum. Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes

Tonight the girls and I shared a roasted chicken leg quarter. I had creamed spinach with it. :yummy:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know that I've been trying to clean up the freezer in the kitchen. Several weeks ago, I had made calzones and there were two of them in the freezer. We had ham and cheese calzones with marinara that I turned into a dipping sauce. I heated the frozen calzones in the NFG and that worked beautifully.

Tonight we're having chicken pie (or chicken with a biscuit topping....same thing really. just depends on how lazy I am) from the chicken I roasted on Sunday. With the last of the pumpkin bars. They didn't last long!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It rained most of the day and we had cool temps so I decided to make lentil soup with a chopped veggie salad.
I haven't had lentil soup in a while, or anything with lentils, for that matter. Must make something with them soon.

Your homemade veggie burger looks so much better than my store bought ones! I need to try making some.
Google veggie burgers, and look for pics catch your eye, then try that recipe. Some will be better than others. Some will be more apt to fall apart as you eat them, others will be more like store bought ones and will hold together better. I've made recipes that use black beans, and others that use red kidney beans. I've liked both, but prefer ones made with black beans..

The hardest part with making veggie burgers is mashing the beans. I just use a fork. I'm sure it would be so much easier with a food processor, which I'd like to buy someday.

One of the salads I make, I top with chopped cheese and apple pieces, and I'll often take a forkful with just a piece of apple and cheese. So yummy. However ... can't imagine cheese being better on apple pie than ice cream. :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys dinner sure makes me hungry. All I had last night was spinach and cottage cheese. Ugh! I wonder if Olive Garden or Pizza Hut will deliver here?
I'm sure they will. My late DH and I had Pizza Hut delivered to the hospital the day DD was born. This was back in 95. I also used to order her delivery when she was at college. They delivered to her dorm room. I'm sure that they can deliver almost anywhere.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure they will. My late DH and I had Pizza Hut delivered to the hospital the day DD was born. This was back in 95. I also used to order her delivery when she was at college. They delivered to her dorm room. I'm sure that they can deliver almost anywhere.
That's good to know. I will also try to find a Chinese place that will deliver.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to make a bowl with brown rice, chopped broccoli, stewed tomatoes, green onion, avocado and black beans.
Any spices or sauce?

Breakfast- 2 slices of Great Value wheat toast with Justin Cinnamon Almond Butter sample packet, yummy! Also a Cinnamon Applesauce cup.

Lunch: Switched it up a bit! Aldi whole wheat spaghetti with Aldi chunky garden veggie sauce. They are really stingy with the veggies in this sauce, I could barely see any.

Dinner: Dinner plate salad- lettuce, tomato, cucumber, orange/yellow bell peppers, onion, dried cranberries, Aldi dried fruit medley, croutons, red grapes, sharp cheese, slivered almonds, flaxseed/chia seed powder, orange french dressing, wasabi sauce. I sliced a veggie hot dog into coins and microwaved it for 1 minute, then tossed it in the salad. Pretty satisfying! :thumbsup:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight will be the last of the white chili. Danielle brought me the recipe today! YAY! Can make a HUGE batch and freeze it!
I love white chili.Williams seasoning used to make a great seasoning mix with a really good recipe on the back.I haven't made it in a long time but with our weather getting cooler...just might have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.