What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast: Nature's Path Honey & Peanut Nut Butter cereal with 2% cow milk. I didn't add fruit this time.

Lunch: Huge dinnerplate tossed salad- lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, carrot, celery, red/yellow bell peppers, red grapes, lentils, pickled ginger, sharp cheese, a few pieces of cold sketti, 4TB orange french dressing which was probably way too much.

Dinner: Aldi whole wheat sketti, Aldi chunky garden veggie pasta sauce, Aldi Tofu, Aldi sharp cheese, habanero hot sauce, salt, jalapeno powder. Tofu tastes terrible microwaved! I had to try it because veggie meatballs & hot dogs are fine in the microwave.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
BLTs. I took some bacon out of the freezer. When Rick was up in the garden, he found an absolutely beautiful tomato that's just begging to be sliced and thrown into sandwiches. Maybe a small chopped salad to go with.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not sure about tonight yet, but I may make Crockpot Minestrone.

Last night was one of my giant salads with romaine mix. Not as many toppings as M maggiedemi 's salads, but I did put chopped apple, cheese and walnuts. And drizzled about a tablespoon (total) of vinegar and olive oil.

IMG_1940.jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Posole rojo. I guess it's supposed to be stew-like but it's not which is ok. I just serve it with rice. It's actually really good and one I can stock in my freezer the next time the subscription has it available.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beer can chicken and homemade macorni salad.
Hubby brought home a new Kamado grill yesterday. When we were going to bed, he asked me which grill should he get next. :think: I simply replied “none, four is enough”. :lol: :redheartpump:
Sounds like my husband and hot rods. He is always talking about what car he wants and I have to remind him that he already has four and there is no room in the TWO garages. He simply says, "That's why they invented lifts. I will just start stacking them." :rolleyes:

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like my husband and hot rods. He is always talking about what car he wants and I have to remind him that he already has four and there is no room in the TWO garages. He simply says, "That's why they invented lifts. I will just start stacking them." :rolleyes:
Oh my, I’d be putting my foot down with the lift. :lol:
That sounds like mine and vehicles too. There’s no room for anymore. And I know he’s been eyeballing trucks which he doesn’t need because he has a few already.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven
t eaten yet but I made a medium bowl of macaroni salad and told him we could have hot dogs and baked beans or leftover fried chicken,and he chose the latter,so there we are.I will heat it up a bit though...not much of a fan of cold chicken...blech!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not as many toppings as M maggiedemi M maggiedemi 's salads
It's a talent. :thumbsup:

and some cantaloupe
I might get a cantaloupe from Aldi next time. They are only $2.09.

I made the Minestrone, so had a bowl, and some Triscuits. Also a cinnamon applesauce cup for dessert.
Looks yummy. I had a cinnamon applesauce cup for breakfast, but it was boring. Maybe I would like chunky style better?

Breakfast: 2 slices of Great Value wheat bread toasted with Maranatha Banana Peanut Butter on it, which was gross! The powdered banana in it is bitter. Also a Great Value cinnamon applesauce cup.

Lunch: Stir-fry Sammich on Great Value wheat bread toasted. Olive oil, bell peppers, onion, celery, red grapes, House of Tsang classic stir-fry sauce, pepper jack cheese.

Dinner: Aldi whole wheat sketti, Ragu super chunky mushroom pasta sauce, yellow bell pepper, onion, tofu, pepper jack cheese, habanero hot sauce. It needed some spices added, it was a little bland.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's a talent. :thumbsup:
:lolup:

I had a cinnamon applesauce cup for breakfast, but it was boring. Maybe I would like chunky style better?
Mine was the a store brand version of a Mott's applesauce cup, so nothing exciting. Have you had homemade apple sauce? It's definitely better, and easy to make. Just a bit time consuming, since you have to peel and core and slice, and of course cook, the apples. 🍎

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Heck no. I can barely make a sammich. :lol:
Except for that time consuming part I mentioned, you just put the apple slices in a pot with a bit of water, and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the apple slices turn into sauce. Then you add a bit, or a lot, of sugar, depending on how much of a sweet tooth you have. ;) You can also add cinnamon, if you like.

I like chunky homemade applesauce. Here's a video. I didn't listen to it, so hopefully her voice isn't annoying. :lol:
(I don't put lemon juice, though using it would keep the apples from turning brown too quickly)

Status
Not open for further replies.