Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

What's For Dinner? - 2019

Discussion in 'Foodie's Corner' started by LTS3, Jan 1, 2019.

1. 1 bruce 1

1 bruce 1 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 8, 2016
    I'm skipping dinner tonight. I had a late lunch (a rarity!) and don't really feel like risking a 2 meal pile up in my gut :D My wife has gone for a girls night out, but she deserves it :cloud9:
    Then I thought "I wonder what they talk about" so I called a few buddies of mine and asked if they were busy, maybe we could grab a burger and shoot the manure.
    None of them knew what girls discuss on girls night out, and half of them are in the dog house with their own wives or girlfriends so they stayed home.
    Things around here were wrapping up for now and I wandered around looking like an idiot so I went back inside, sat in my chair and am sitting here on TCS annoying you all and watching a dog chew on this ram horn that stinks like you can't imagine.
    Somehow, when I was younger, weekends were more exciting ;)

lizzie, Mamanyt1953, neely and 3 others purraised this.

2. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    i've got a little meat sauce left over from my pasta with meat sauce meals, so i'll use that up over 2 or 3 days dinners by adding some to the slices of lasagna i'll heat up in the microwave. a cherry carob brownie for dessert, later in the evening! :yummy:

lizzie, muffy, Mamanyt1953 and 4 others purraised this.

3. maggiedemi

maggiedemi TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 26, 2017
    Northern NY
    Mei Fun is the thin rice noodles, Chow Fun is the really wide ones.

We talk about the same things as guys, but just maybe a little more girly in tone. Family, Friends, Cats, Food, Music, Movies, TV, Books, Shopping/Products, Health, Money, Politics.

micknsnicks2mom, lizzie, muffy and 4 others purraised this.

4. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    Then it must of been Mei Fun because it was thin. I have never heard of either one.

5. 1 bruce 1

Apr 8, 2016
    I really didn't think deep down I'd be interesting enough as the topic of conversation, unless the conversation was "can you believe what that big oaf did today?" :thumbsup:
    We're going to do one more pot of spaghetti in the next few days before it starts warming up for good. I will have to re look at what kind of spaghetti it is but each strand has a little hole all through the center and really holds the sauce like a champ. It's not very large, but it seems a bit more substantial than regular noodles.
    Tonight we're going to have some beef and all the vegetables we can eat :thumbsup:

micknsnicks2mom, lizzie, muffy and 3 others purraised this.

6. neely

neely May the purr be with you Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    I have to finish my fresh vegetables before they go bad so will make a big bowl of salad and call it a night. :wink:

7. m3rma1d

m3rma1d NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Super Cat

Oct 12, 2018
    Maine
    I got a crazy idea and made a twist on shepard's pie with ground turkey, tomato sauce, a bunch of spicy curried veggies (onion, bell pepper, carrot, asparagus, peas, & corn). Traditional mash tater top. :)
    IMG_20190408_194816_352.jpg IMG_20190408_194816_355.jpg

My crazy idea worked. It's really, really good.

micknsnicks2mom, lizzie, Mamanyt1953 and 5 others purraised this.

8. LTS3

LTS3 Thread Starter TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Aug 29, 2014
    USA

Sounds like bucatini.

I have a fridge full of various pasta dishes: tortellini with sausage and squash puree, shells with spicy sausage and spinach, penne with tomato pesto sauce. Plenty for lunch and dinner this week :)

micknsnicks2mom, lizzie, Mamanyt1953 and 6 others purraised this.

9. maggiedemi

Mar 26, 2017
    Northern NY
    A fridge full of pasta? Sounds wonderful. :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom, Mamanyt1953, muffy and 2 others purraised this.

10. miagi's_mommy

miagi's_mommy TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 19, 2004
    Chefs salad. It was yummy.

micknsnicks2mom, Mamanyt1953, muffy and 6 others purraised this.

11. lizzie

lizzie TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 29, 2002
    missouri
    Last night we had hot meatball sammies and tonight was the leftover sauce and meatballs and I cooked a little spaghetti,made some garlic bread and a big salad.

micknsnicks2mom, Mamanyt1953, muffy and 5 others purraised this.

12. Mia6

Mia6 Mother of two Top Cat

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    Hannah, my helper, felt I needed some comfort food. She made Nathan's hot dogs and Kraft mac and cheese for lunch. I was so hungry, had 2 hot dogs for lunch with 2 small bowls of mac and cheese which is enough food for one day. But then around 6 I had another hot dog and a Cinnamon Chip muffin. Gosh, I had the worst stomach ache..took 2 tums and drank sparkling water. My stomach was still not right this morning but it is now. ;)

micknsnicks2mom, lizzie, neely and 4 others purraised this.

13. maggiedemi

Mar 26, 2017
    Northern NY
    Kraft Mac & Cheese is so good with peas added to it. It makes it more nutritious, right? :thumbsup:

micknsnicks2mom, lizzie, neely and 4 others purraised this.

14. Mia6

Mia6 Mother of two Top Cat

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    I have peas in the freezer and more Kraft Mac, :yess:

15. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    I'm either making a mushroom omelette, or scrambled eggs with pieces of mushroom mixed in. Depends on how well the omelette turns out. :D Doesn't really matter, as it will taste the same either way. :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom, lizzie, neely and 3 others purraised this.

16. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    AKA perciatelli.

Curried veggies? Oh, why not? There are shepherds in the middle eastern countries and India, after all! And it sounds YUMMY!

Me? Well, um...um...I have 5 pounds of ground beef thawed, and am going to make up a big batch of my "meat loaf muffins." I may, however, have hot dogs with cheese and onions while they cook...MOST of them are freezer-bound, anyway.

micknsnicks2mom, rubysmama, lizzie and 4 others purraised this.

17. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    I was coming back from the doctors tonight and stopped at Burger King and got a diet coke, veggie burger and a salad. Although I love pasta and vegetables that is all I have in the fridge and I don't feel like eating any of it tonight.

18. maggiedemi

Mar 26, 2017
    Northern NY
    I really like the veggie burger at Burger King.

19. 1 bruce 1

Apr 8, 2016
    I had no idea BK had a veggie burger. That's awesome that they have an alternative like that, do they flame grill it like the others?

20. maggiedemi

Mar 26, 2017
    Northern NY
    I think they microwave it because they would have to have a separate grill that didn't touch meat.

Mamanyt1953, rubysmama and 1 bruce 1 purraised this.