What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had no idea BK had a veggie burger. That's awesome that they have an alternative like that, do they flame grill it like the others?
I think they microwave it because they would have to have a separate grill that didn't touch meat.
I'm vegetarian, and like the BK veggie burger, but I'm not 100% sure they microwave it, as opposed to grilling it on the normal grill. Yes, I could ask, but not sure I want the answer. :(

I do know for sure that A&W cooks their new Beyond Meat veggie burger on the same grill as meat burgers, as they are upfront about it on their website. And though I won't not eat it for that reason, it is extremely maddening to present something as vegetarian/vegan and then cook it on the same surface as meat. :hmmm:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I do know for sure that A&W cooks their new Beyond Meat veggie burger on the same grill as meat burgers, as they are upfront about it on their website. And though I won't not eat it for that reason, it is extremely maddening to present something as vegetarian/vegan and then cook it on the same surface as meat. :hmmm:
Although I don't consider myself a purist the thought of cooking something vegetarian on a grill where meat is cooked grosses me out. :running:

Meeting a friend after work today so dinner will be something quick and easy, i.e. pita sandwich with garbanzo cake, roasted red pepper hummus, lettuce, tomato and zucchini.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do know for sure that A&W cooks their new Beyond Meat veggie burger on the same grill as meat burgers
That's crazy, I wonder why they even bother. Too bad they didn't have a stove where they could use a separate frying pan. If you Google Burger King veggie burger, it says they don't cook it on the same grill. I think I read somewhere that they microwave it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wish all fast food places had veggie burgers.
It's better than it used to be, but you're right, they all should have them.

Although I don't consider myself a purist the thought of cooking something vegetarian on a grill where meat is cooked grosses me out. :running:
I've had it twice since last summer when it was introduced, and both times tried not to think about how it was cooked. :cringe:

That's crazy, I wonder why they even bother. Too bad they didn't have a stove where they could use a separate frying pan
I've seen a lot of complaints on their social media platforms, but they don't seem to care. I think maybe because it's marketed more for non-vegetarians/vegans who just want to have a non-meat burger, and won't care how it's cooked. I do hope they are listening to the complaints, and are looking into other ways of cooking it.

If you Google Burger King veggie burger, it says they don't cook it on the same grill. I think I read somewhere that they microwave it.
That's good to know. Hopefully it's the same in Canada. :crossfingers:

Last night's egg/mushroom meal ended up being an omelette. ;)

Not sure what I'm having tonight. Probably something from the freezer.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm vegetarian, and like the BK veggie burger, but I'm not 100% sure they microwave it, as opposed to grilling it on the normal grill. Yes, I could ask, but not sure I want the answer. :(

BK is bringing the Impossible burger to the lineup of Whoppers on the menu.

Behold the Beefless ‘Impossible Whopper’

Yes. They announced it on April 1. No. It's not a joke

Burger King Is Offering the Meatless Impossible Whopper After First Tricking People Into Thinking It's Real Beef

It will be about $1 more than a standard Whopper. I'd try one. I tried the Beyond burger and that tasted nothing like meat but we'll see.

Dinner tonight will probably be some grilled chicken and salad or some kind of veggie.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's raining in Denver today which will eventually turn into snow so I'm going with a little heavier meal - I just got my latest Cooks Illustrated magazine with a sloppy joe recipe, I have some fresh asparagus that needs to be cooked or it'll no longer be fresh lol, and espresso custard for dessert. Yummy!

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Meeting a friend after work today so dinner will be something quick and easy, i.e. pita sandwich with garbanzo cake, roasted red pepper hummus, lettuce, tomato and zucchini.
It is not cooked in the same spot where the hamburgers are cooked.

Last edited:

ZaMM

Always land on my feet!
Young Cat
Purraise
It's raining in Denver today which will eventually turn into snow so I'm going with a little heavier meal - I just got my latest Cooks Illustrated magazine with a sloppy joe recipe, I have some fresh asparagus that needs to be cooked or it'll no longer be fresh lol, and espresso custard for dessert. Yummy!
I'm so jealous, I LOVE Denver Colorado!!!! And I LOVE shloppy joeees, have you tried with mustard?:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.