What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Canned salmon is ok. Sometimes that was dinner along with rice and a mish mash of leftovers. We weren't poor but weren't exactly well off either so we just made do with what we could. I still buy an occasional of can of no salt / no oil salmon. It doubles as a good cat treat :happycat:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't eat lunch until 3pm, so I'm not terribly hungry. I have 1/2 a piece of gyro bread which I'll warm and smear with some peanut butter.

Yesterday, I did bake a pan of New England style hot dog buns. Picking up wieners and chili at the store tomorrow!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Spam seems to be making a come-back. I know several people who mix it with ground beef and make it into some form of sandwich.

orange&white orange&white Those buns look so good I could eat them through the screen. I think I'll get some Nathan's hot dogs. Are they homemade or from a mix?

I was going to have egg salad for dinner tonight but now it will be hot dogs.

Tried a can of the new Orange Vanilla Coke which the store was giving away for free. I though it would be vile but I really liked it. I could barely taste the Coke.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
orange&white orange&white Those buns look so good I could eat them through the screen. I think I'll get some Nathan's hot dogs. Are they homemade or from a mix?

I was going to have egg salad for dinner tonight but now it will be hot dogs.
Thank you. They're homemade. I went back to baking all my breads from scratch about two years ago. A lot less expensive....a lot more time. Totally worth it. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tried a can of the new Orange Vanilla Coke which the store was giving away for free. I though it would be vile but I really liked it. I could barely taste the Coke.
The radio commercial for Orange Vanilla Coke is so annoying :cringe::cringe: I don't like orange vanilla anything so I won't be trying the new Coke :headshake:

Dinner... no clue :confused2: My fridge is empty of leftovers. I suppose I can just make pasta with jarred sauce.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The radio commercial for Orange Vanilla Coke is so annoying :cringe::cringe: I don't like orange vanilla anything so I won't be trying the new Coke :headshake:

Dinner... no clue :confused2: My fridge is empty of leftovers. I suppose I can just make pasta with jarred sauce.
I love orange, Vanilla and Coke. I can't wait to try it. I don't remember seeing the commercial.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Canned salmon is ok.
My mom used to make salmon croquets from canned salmon. I remember them as being quite yummy. Found a recipe that looks a LOT like what she used to do, and may have to try it. We'll see.

Tonight is leftover cottage pie. It turned out pretty well this time. Sometimes I under-salt, which is better than OVER-salting, come to think of it, but I got it just right this time!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom used to make salmon croquets from canned salmon. I remember them as being quite yummy. Found a recipe that looks a LOT like what she used to do, and may have to try it. We'll see.
I loved my mom's salmon patties!!! I have not made them in years.. I think I have the
written down, 'verbal' recipe..

Have to make them.. loved them with mashed potatoes, peas & carrots.. yum..

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom made those too. They were yummy, after scraping off the burned bits...Mom tended to burn a lot of food. :p

I bought chili for chili dogs, but it's the hottest day of the year so far, so I toasted the sides of the a bun, and made a hot dog with pepper-jack cheese, mustard/ketchup, onions and relish. No chili. Side salad with the last of the tzatziki, and chips.

I almost burned the hot dog bun...like mother, like daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies.