What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom used to make salmon croquets from canned salmon. I remember them as being quite yummy. Found a recipe that looks a LOT like what she used to do, and may have to try it. We'll see.

Tonight is leftover cottage pie. It turned out pretty well this time. Sometimes I under-salt, which is better than OVER-salting, come to think of it, but I got it just right this time!
What is a croquet with salmon? I'm picturing these English gentleman playing croquet with a fish :flail:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is a croquet with salmon? I'm picturing these English gentleman playing croquet with a fish :flail:
I think my mom just mixed canned salmon, egg, bread crumbs and breaded little patties (or croquets) in cornmeal. Then she grilled them in cast iron until they were pretty much "blackened". Spoiler...they should be golden brown, not blackened. As I recall, the inside was quite edible.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A-1 is tasty :thumbsup: It even smells good.
It isn't half bad on hot dogs, either...

What is a croquet with salmon?
It's a PATTY! ~slaps 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 on the hand~ Silly man. Don't change. We love you that way!

Tonight? Either HOT DOGS or cereal. I dunno. Depends on how long it takes me to finish up everything I have to do online.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It isn't half bad on hot dogs, either...

It's a PATTY! ~slaps 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 on the hand~ Silly man. Don't change. We love you that way!

Tonight? Either HOT DOGS or cereal. I dunno. Depends on how long it takes me to finish up everything I have to do online.
Hahahaha well, I admit I win the dunce cap when it comes to seafood, and most other things for that matter :thumbsup:
Tonight is fried chicken for everyone, and the dogs and cats will have theirs unfried with bison.

Status
Not open for further replies.