What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm skipping dinner tonight. I had a late lunch (a rarity!) and don't really feel like risking a 2 meal pile up in my gut :D My wife has gone for a girls night out, but she deserves it :cloud9:
Then I thought "I wonder what they talk about" so I called a few buddies of mine and asked if they were busy, maybe we could grab a burger and shoot the manure.
None of them knew what girls discuss on girls night out, and half of them are in the dog house with their own wives or girlfriends so they stayed home.
Things around here were wrapping up for now and I wandered around looking like an idiot so I went back inside, sat in my chair and am sitting here on TCS annoying you all and watching a dog chew on this ram horn that stinks like you can't imagine.
Somehow, when I was younger, weekends were more exciting ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may have been. I really don't remember.
Mei Fun is the thin rice noodles, Chow Fun is the really wide ones.

None of them knew what girls discuss on girls night out
We talk about the same things as guys, but just maybe a little more girly in tone. Family, Friends, Cats, Food, Music, Movies, TV, Books, Shopping/Products, Health, Money, Politics.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We talk about the same things as guys, but just maybe a little more girly in tone. Family, Friends, Cats, Food, Music, Movies, TV, Books, Shopping/Products, Health, Money, Politics.
Then it must of been Mei Fun because it was thin. I have never heard of either one.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I really didn't think deep down I'd be interesting enough as the topic of conversation, unless the conversation was "can you believe what that big oaf did today?" :thumbsup:
We're going to do one more pot of spaghetti in the next few days before it starts warming up for good. I will have to re look at what kind of spaghetti it is but each strand has a little hole all through the center and really holds the sauce like a champ. It's not very large, but it seems a bit more substantial than regular noodles.
Tonight we're going to have some beef and all the vegetables we can eat :thumbsup:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a crazy idea and made a twist on shepard's pie with ground turkey, tomato sauce, a bunch of spicy curried veggies (onion, bell pepper, carrot, asparagus, peas, & corn). Traditional mash tater top. :)
IMG_20190408_194816_352.jpg IMG_20190408_194816_355.jpg

My crazy idea worked. It's really, really good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will have to re look at what kind of spaghetti it is but each strand has a little hole all through the center and really holds the sauce like a champ. It's not very large, but it seems a bit more substantial than regular noodles.

Sounds like bucatini.

I have a fridge full of various pasta dishes: tortellini with sausage and squash puree, shells with spicy sausage and spinach, penne with tomato pesto sauce. Plenty for lunch and dinner this week :)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hannah, my helper, felt I needed some comfort food. She made Nathan's hot dogs and Kraft mac and cheese for lunch. I was so hungry, had 2 hot dogs for lunch with 2 small bowls of mac and cheese which is enough food for one day. But then around 6 I had another hot dog and a Cinnamon Chip muffin. Gosh, I had the worst stomach ache..took 2 tums and drank sparkling water. My stomach was still not right this morning but it is now. ;)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I will have to re look at what kind of spaghetti it is but each strand has a little hole all through the center and really holds the sauce like a champ.
Sounds like bucatini.
AKA perciatelli.

I got a crazy idea and made a twist on shepard's pie with ground turkey, tomato sauce, a bunch of spicy curried veggies (onion, bell pepper, carrot, asparagus, peas, & corn). Traditional mash tater top. :)
Curried veggies? Oh, why not? There are shepherds in the middle eastern countries and India, after all! And it sounds YUMMY!

Me? Well, um...um...I have 5 pounds of ground beef thawed, and am going to make up a big batch of my "meat loaf muffins." I may, however, have hot dogs with cheese and onions while they cook...MOST of them are freezer-bound, anyway.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was coming back from the doctors tonight and stopped at Burger King and got a diet coke, veggie burger and a salad. Although I love pasta and vegetables that is all I have in the fridge and I don't feel like eating any of it tonight.
I had no idea BK had a veggie burger. That's awesome that they have an alternative like that, do they flame grill it like the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.