What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was one of those days where it had to be comfort food...cold and rainy again!Ham and bean soup ...homemade...and sour cream cornbread.Hit the spot!Hubby says it's so good we need to have it again tomorrow night.Bonus!

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Something simple tonight... I'm leaning toward a cheeseburger, maybe a bite of cole slaw & tater salad with it. The first four days of my work week are busy, Friday I get to ease up a bit and putter around the shop by myself. Barn kitty keeps me company, she likes her freshly-laundered cat bed... I put it high on a broad shelf where she likes to hang out, looking down upon the shop and all the equipment. No chance of her or the bed falling, the shelf is strongly supported and it must be 3' or 4' wide. She uses a fairly narrow ledge to access the shelf, not too narrow, just the right size for her to cruise along about 10' off the floor of the building, LOL.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Synopsis of dinners etc:

Friday Nicole sent
Scallops in a yummy sauce
yellow rice
green beans
homemade apple pie

Bacon and eggs for breakfast 3 days
Tuna Salad for 3 days
Grilled Cheese twice
Bagels x 5
Fudge Stripe Cookies
Huge salads 3 days

Going to have Chipotle's tonight

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually,it was delicious! I freeze my tomatoes from the garden,so I thawed them and ran them through my ninja storm...sautéed a large onion in olive oil,then added a couple of smashed garlic cloves...added the tomatoes and let them simmer for awhile to cook down.Seasonings I used were fennel seed,quite a bit of dried basil and some oregano,salt and pepper..a pinch or 2 of sugar to cut the acid, and when I ladled it into our mugs,I sprinkled in some grated parm.It may sound like a lot to do but really isn't,and you certainly could use canned tomatoes.I think I used 3 quarts of tomatoes,but I made enough for 2 meals for us.
Lizzie, that sounds soooo good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.