What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For dinner we stopped in the Golden Corral Buffet and I had lime beans, broccoli, mac and cheese, kale and corn bread. That was the best meal I had in a long, long time. I started to get a piece of pumpkin of pumpkin pie but just did not have the room.
They have a lot of good sides there. So does Boston Market if you have one near you. They have a 3 sides plate that comes with cornbread. Good stuff. :)

Home Style Sides - Boston Market

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Another cloudy and chilly day today,so I think I'm going to try my hand at homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner.Sounds good anyway!
Yum. Sounds good. Let us know how it turns out.

Tonight was Tomato Penne and Broccoli, which I took out of the freezer. Pasta doesn't always freeze that well, and by the time I microwaved it, the penne was all broken apart. But it tasted ok, and was quick. And for dessert I had a little personal size apple pie that I found at the grocery store.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having tofu and stirred fried vegetables from a new place. It is really good. It is a good thing I like the new place because I had a disagreement with the owner of the old place I used to go to and I quit going there. I kept asking that my food not be spicie and he kept giving me spicie food and I could not eat it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't been eating too many dinners at home since our oldest daughter came in for a visit. Last night we ate at one of our favorite Korean vegan restaurants. I had a dish called Maha Pyogo which is a blend of freshly steamed mushrooms and brown rice. Tonight my daughter and I shared a brussels sprouts, almond ricotta, onion flatbread and a chickpea frittata with greens, herbs and apple slices. I treated myself to a dark chocolate chip walnut cookie. I'll probably have to work out twice as hard at the gym when she leaves. ;)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wandered around the kitchen eating green olives out of the jar last night. I love olives. :yummy:
I do, too. To the point that at least once during any given summer, my supper will be an olive and mayo sandwich.

Now let me get out of here for awhile before I get any one else mad at me.
Darlin, you'd have to work really hard to get anyone, at least in this thread, mad at you!

[QUOTE="Furballsmom, post: 5037479, member: 10012768"
Dinner out with relatives, lol at least one adult would have preferred the corndogs the kiddies had :)
[/QUOTE]

Now, there's an idea! I think that I'll have corn dogs tonight...rather than hot dogs. LORD, I love living dangerously!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been eating too many dinners at home since our oldest daughter came in for a visit. Last night we ate at one of our favorite Korean vegan restaurants. I had a dish called Maha Pyogo which is a blend of freshly steamed mushrooms and brown rice. Tonight my daughter and I shared a brussels sprouts, almond ricotta, onion flatbread and a chickpea frittata with greens, herbs and apple slices. I treated myself to a dark chocolate chip walnut cookie. I'll probably have to work out twice as hard at the gym when she leaves. ;)
Are you vegan?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do, too. To the point that at least once during any given summer, my supper will be an olive and mayo sandwich.

Darlin, you'd have to work really hard to get anyone, at least in this thread, mad at you!

Wow! No one has called me darlin since I was a baby. You really made my day. I always think that I have pissed someone off. I get very paranoid about that.

[QUOTE="Furballsmom, post: 5037479, member: 10012768"
Dinner out with relatives, lol at least one adult would have preferred the corndogs the kiddies had :)
Now, there's an idea! I think that I'll have corn dogs tonight...rather than hot dogs. LORD, I love living dangerously!
[/QUOTE]
I brought some frozen vegan corn dogs last week and they were very good.

I believe the peanut butter kisses were about $4.00 a bag. You could probably buy them online cheaper.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Are you vegan?
No, I'm vegetarian but like a lot of the vegan restaurants here. Speaking of which we went to al vegan Indian restaurant yesterday. We've been going there for a long time. It's independently owned and the food was so fresh and tasty. They have a buffet on Saturday so I ate enough food to last me at least two days. :biggrin:

I'll probably have something simple tonight like a big veggie salad. We're planning to go to a Halloween pop-up market today which will have a variety of desserts so I'm saving the best for last. ;)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How was it? Do you use pureed canned tomatoes -fresh?
Actually,it was delicious! I freeze my tomatoes from the garden,so I thawed them and ran them through my ninja storm...sautéed a large onion in olive oil,then added a couple of smashed garlic cloves...added the tomatoes and let them simmer for awhile to cook down.Seasonings I used were fennel seed,quite a bit of dried basil and some oregano,salt and pepper..a pinch or 2 of sugar to cut the acid, and when I ladled it into our mugs,I sprinkled in some grated parm.It may sound like a lot to do but really isn't,and you certainly could use canned tomatoes.I think I used 3 quarts of tomatoes,but I made enough for 2 meals for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.