What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hot dogs last night, and not sure about tonight. Maybe red beans and rice, that sounds pretty good, and I have some red beans thawed out already.

Now, as soon as the weather changes, I'm going to make a crock pot full of sweet potato and black bean vegetarian chili, which could easily go Vegan by using vegetable broth instead of the chicken broth that I use, and tweaking the spices just a twinch to account for that.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hot sausage sandwiches, with a salad on the side.

This past summer I bought a ton of peppers. Some I sliced into strips to use on pizza, sausage sandwiches and the like and some I chopped to use in casseroles. Everything got bagged up and thrown in the freezer. It makes it so much easier when I'm in a hurry to cook.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chicken & Rice!!! An old favorite... I'm gonna mix it up a bit with diced onion, celery & a packet of turkey gravy which has been kicking around one kitchen cupboard for a few weeks. Should be pretty good, this dish never fails to satisfy me... I bought a throwaway foil pan and a large package of chicken too, so I'll have plenty of leftovers and no pan to scrub, WOOHOO!!! :yess:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pork belly fried rice bowl and steamed shrimp dumplings :yummy: I finally got around to trying out the dumpling restaurant near work. Prices are a little high so it's an occasional splurge place. The two items cost $20.33:eek:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
goodness this sounds good!
Baked fish, a few french fries, some carrot cake. The food unfortunately wasn't as good as Dad remembered it being, they've changed cooks. Oh well!
plums are hard to find in my area,so when aldi's had them on sale...I think they were 79/lb...I stocked up and made several batches of jam.One of our favorites!

Status
Not open for further replies.