What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick took a nice beef roast out of the freezer on Thursday night to thaw in the fridge. I seasoned it last night and put it back in the fridge.

We're having roast beef, Yorkshire pudding (Rick loves Yorkshire pudding!), mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans. I thawed a quart of freezer cabbage (which is essentially pickled cabbage that you can make in quantity and then freeze). And iced tea. Dessert will be a chocolate cake with PB frosting.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my goodness!! Here I was literally thinking "ugh, I'm so over food, what with all the fast food and similar meals I've had this trip, I may never eat anything again", and then I read Winchester Winchester 's post :thumbsup: :yummy:

I have no idea. I'm driving back from Sturgis to Denver so we'll see lol

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers. The roast beef last night was excellent; it had a fine crust and was done strictly to my liking. I like beef to moo when I slice into it. The ends were a medium-rare, perfect for Rick. We had to roll ourselves away from the kitchen table last night! We sat there talking and grazing.

So tonight, I'll throw together some pickled onions. We'll throw some Romaine leaves into pocketless pitas, add warmed-up strips of the beef, the pickled onions, wrap it all up, and have little sandwiches. There are two pieces of Yorkshire pudding leftover, too. With a salad. And more cake.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftovers. The roast beef last night was excellent; it had a fine crust and was done strictly to my liking. I like beef to moo when I slice into it. The ends were a medium-rare, perfect for Rick. We had to roll ourselves away from the kitchen table last night! We sat there talking and grazing.

So tonight, I'll throw together some pickled onions. We'll throw some Romaine leaves into pocketless pitas, add warmed-up strips of the beef, the pickled onions, wrap it all up, and have little sandwiches. There are two pieces of Yorkshire pudding leftover, too. With a salad. And more cake.

I never had them but the pickled onions sound good. I love pickled beets.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, man, reading about roast beef & Yorkshire pudding brings back memories... that was another dish me dear departed mum used to make decades ago, and as kids we ate up every last bit of it, LOL. Had to have the brown gravy with the beef & pudding, that was mandatory. I'll have to make that combo in the near future, it's good on a fall or winter evening... but tonight, I have my heart set on a big ol' cheeseburger with some baked beans on the side!!! :yess:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, man, reading about roast beef & Yorkshire pudding brings back memories... that was another dish me dear departed mum used to make decades ago, and as kids we ate up every last bit of it, LOL. Had to have the brown gravy with the beef & pudding, that was mandatory. I'll have to make that combo in the near future, it's good on a fall or winter evening... but tonight, I have my heart set on a big ol' cheeseburger with some baked beans on the side!!! :yess:
That's a meal fit for any day of the year. :yummy:

I'll probably grill a pork chop that I will share with the girls (Lily adores pork chops). Some riced veggies on the side.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I think that I took a package of hot dogs and a package of buns out of the freezer last night. If I'm right, then you KNOW what I'm having for supper. If not...all bets are off. But red beans and rice sounds good...or Hoppin' John. With rice. Or...oh, I dunno.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I think that I took a package of hot dogs and a package of buns out of the freezer last night. If I'm right, then you KNOW what I'm having for supper. If not...all bets are off. But red beans and rice sounds good...or Hoppin' John. With rice. Or...oh, I dunno.
I've been thinking about red beans and rice for days. from Popeye's of course. With a side order of spicy chicken, a biscuit and a sweet tea. :yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.