What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We spent the day with our son and daughter in law as his birthday was Wednesday.I made butterfinger lush for a dessert instead of a cake and we took them out to eat at a place called Cheddars.Very good food!So...neither of us are hungry tonight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
recombine plant proteins into full proteins, and no, soy won't do it. I tried to go Vegan several years ago, and my body started eating my organs, looking for proteins.
That's what I'm scared of. I don't think I'm smart enough to combine all the proteins right. It's sad because I love animals so much. :(

I'm on my own tonght so I stopped at KFC and picked up some Cole slaw
You went to KFC & only bought coleslaw? Did you forget the chicken? :D

We had chicken & veggie alfredo, but my mom insisted on diluting it until it was runny. I keep telling her that alfredo sauce is supposed to be thick. Then she put it on gluten-free noodles, which she way overcooked into mush. :bawling:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You went to KFC & only bought coleslaw? Did you forget the chicken?
LOL
I only had $10 with me, and since I haven't been in to one for a while I was a tad disappointed, shall we say? about their prices.

tonight is going to be leftovers, I think, sort of a frig cleanout supper.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The prices have gotten insane.
I was very pleased, I got a tank of gas in Laramie yesterday that cost less than in Denver - I was thinking prices for that were the same everywhere.

Oh, and for dessert, the last of the caramel apples. I have a request to make that caramel for the holidays, the heck with the apples LOL

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's what I'm scared of. I don't think I'm smart enough to combine all the proteins right. It's sad because I love animals so much. :(
Combining proteins isn't as complicated as it sounds. Most foods have some protein, and complete proteins are formed when you combine foods like beans and rice, or peanut butter and whole grain bread. And you don't have to eat the 2 parts at the same meal, just during the same day. And I do think it's quite rare to have a reaction such as Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 had to eating vegan.

And if you go vegetarian, as opposed to vegan, you can still eat milk, yogurt, cheese and eggs, which makes it a lot easier, as yogurt and eggs particularly have good amounts of protein.

But don't stress yourself about that right now. Get well first.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Combining proteins isn't as complicated as it sounds. Most foods have some protein, and complete proteins are formed when you combine foods like beans and rice, or peanut butter and whole grain bread. And you don't have to eat the 2 parts at the same meal, just during the same day. And I do think it's quite rare to have a reaction such as Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 had to eating vegan.

And if you go vegetarian, as opposed to vegan, you can still eat milk, yogurt, cheese and eggs, which makes it a lot easier, as yogurt and eggs particularly have good amounts of protein.

Excellent post. Thank you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And I do think it's quite rare to have a reaction such as Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 had to eating vegan.
It is extremely rare...like maybe a double handful of people diagnosed world-wide, last I checked. Took them a minute to figure out what was wrong with me. ALMOST everyone can be at least a vegetarian. I do eat a lot of veggies, and have several vegetarian meals a week, notwithstanding my penchant for hot dogs with cheese and onions. Almost all of my lunches are vegetarian, as are most of my breakfasts. I only eat meat, at a rule, at night.

Speaking of my penchant for hot dogs with cheese and onions, IF I get around to dicing an onion, that's what I'll have tonight. If I don't, I'll make fried egg sandwiches.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another night of leftovers, Tuscan veggie pizza from earlier this week with a side salad. And two pieces of my favorite dark chocolate bar w/hazel nuts for dessert. I only have two pieces to satisfy my chocolate craving. ;)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had breakfast for dinner tonight.Our neighbor gave us some sausage made from their own hogs,I had some leftover boiled potatoes so fried them up with an onion,made toast and he had eggs along with it.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rotini pasta with leftover salmon, flaked. Then tossed with sauteed in butter Laetiporus cincinnatus (chicken of the woods mushroom) I foraged last Thursday and small broccoli florets - a friend gave me a head of broccoli and other lovely stuff - pawpaws, anyone? - when I visited her garden this afternoon. There was just a little sauce left from when I cooked the salmon - steamed in a bamboo steamer with soy sauce and a dab of ginger paste - and that's what I finished the pasta with.

Re-reading the above it might come across as confusing. Basically it was pasta, salmon, broccoli, wild mushrooms. Got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.