Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

What's For Dinner? - 2018

Discussion in 'Foodie's Corner' started by Winchester, Jan 1, 2018.

1. 1 bruce 1

1 bruce 1 TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 8, 2016
    Oh man I haven't had enchilada's in over 10 years!!!
    Those sound so good now. Enjoy them!

2. Winchester

Winchester Thread Starter TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    @1 bruce 1 I remember many (many) moons ago, Rick woke up around 2:00 and said he was starving. He got out of bed, threw together a couple hamburgers and brought them to bed. And there we sat in bed, in the middle of the night, chowing down on burgers. They were really good, too. At the time, we only had Hydrox, The (not so) Old Coot and he sat between us in bed, wondering what the heck was going on. I don't remember if that was the same night that Rick wanted a soda. We didn't have any, so he ran down to a local store (that was closed) and got a soda out of the machine in front of the building. I think I asked him that night if he was pregnant. :D

Not sure about dinner tonight. Thinking of a toasted cheese sandwich. Depends on how busy I get.

orange&white purraised this.

3. orange&white

orange&white TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 22, 2008
    Texas
    I going to brown some ground beef with peppers and onions and use my leftover enchilada sauce to make chili.

4. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    Yes, "vegetarians" who still eat fish are Pescatarians. And those who still eat poultry and fowl, are Pollotarians. But, of course, neither are actually vegetarians. :headshake: I'd, personally, call them semi-vegetarians, but some of the members on that veggie board would argue you can't be semi-vegetarian any more than you can be kinda pregnant. ;)

maggiedemi purraised this.

5. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    I agree with the veggie board. You are either vegetarian or you are not. There is no such thing as being semi vegetarian.

neely, Kat0121, rubysmama and 1 other person purraised this.

6. maggiedemi

maggiedemi TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 26, 2017
    Upstate NY
    Huh. I never heard of the chicken one. :headscratch: What do they call it if they eat beef, a Beefatarian?

rubysmama and muffy purraised this.

7. orange&white

orange&white TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 22, 2008
    Texas
    A Carnivore. :lol2:

rubysmama, muffy, 1 bruce 1 and 1 other person purraised this.

8. maggiedemi

Mar 26, 2017
    Upstate NY
    Good One! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

rubysmama purraised this.

9. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    Exactly.

maggiedemi and rubysmama purraised this.

10. 1 bruce 1

Apr 8, 2016
    Well this beefatarian is having beef stir fry again tonight. :thumbsup:
    I spent a few hours doing crap outside I hate to do, and now I refuse to go outside until Mother Nature decides to be decent and call a truce. So I'm taking over dinner tonight and treating us myself.

11. rubysmama

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    I'll confess I sometimes considered myself a semi-vegetarian, or borderline-vegetarian as I was eating less and less meat, and having more and more vegetarian days. But, of course, if someone is eating "just" chicken or fish everyday, and has no intention of ever giving either up, then they definitely are not any type of vegetarian.

LOL. :crackup:

Very true. :agree:
    --------------

So to get back on topic, I'm going to have a toasted cheese, onion and tomato sandwich tonight, with a handful of potato chips on the side. And, since I always have some sort of fruit with my meals, I'll have some apples slices too.

1 bruce 1 and maggiedemi purraised this.

12. maggiedemi

Mar 26, 2017
    Upstate NY
    What kind of chips? I hope it isn't Fritos. They jacked up my mouth. Not sure if it's my teeth or if they cut my gums. I can't chew on the right side of my mouth. Stay away from the Fritos sub at Subway. :(

rubysmama purraised this.

13. 1 bruce 1

Apr 8, 2016
    I've had meatless weeks at a time (yep, King of Steak went meatless because I didn't want it) and it was all good! It was a semi-vegetarian time for me, too. No harm done.
    Toasted cheese is one of those meals that makes me feel like I'm 9 years old again. It's comfort food injected with comfort steroids, I love it (and I don't even like bread. But I sure like toast.)
    We're attempting a pot pie this weekend. Fingers crossed it's good edible I don't blow the place up tasty.

rubysmama and maggiedemi purraised this.

14. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    i'll heat up a serving of turkey enchilada...lasagna, some sliced tomato with blue cheese salad dressing, and a serving of apple crisp with some plain yogurt mixed into it for dessert -- later in the evening. :D

rubysmama, maggiedemi and 1 bruce 1 purraised this.

15. 1 bruce 1

Apr 8, 2016
    Recited this to Baby Girl and her response is she's going to sneak into your house, make a thieving attempt, then...
    [​IMG]

rubysmama, micknsnicks2mom and maggiedemi purraised this.

16. rubysmama

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    Ouch. Hope your mouth feels better soon. My chips were Lays Lightly Salted.

maggiedemi purraised this.

17. 1 bruce 1

Apr 8, 2016
    ...that stir fry was awesome.
    Now I need to do chores and have the doorway greased so a team of a dozen men can roll my carcass off to bed.

micknsnicks2mom, rubysmama and maggiedemi purraised this.

18. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    a(nother) serving of turkey enchilada...lasagna, some sliced (home-) canned beets, and a serving of apple crisp with some plain yogurt mixed into it -- later in the evening. :yummy:

rubysmama and maggiedemi purraised this.

19. LTS3

LTS3 TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    Tonight is one pot pasta. Instead of mozzarella, I'm going to use up a partial bag of cheddar. I might throw in some veggies, too, from a can or whatever I have in the freezer.

muffy, rubysmama and maggiedemi purraised this.

20. maggiedemi

Mar 26, 2017
    Upstate NY
    That looks amazing, and easy. I think even I could make that. Thanks for the recipe. I'll try making a vegetarian version. :)

muffy and rubysmama purraised this.