What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry about it. I have been picked on and made fun of all my life and I am just overly defensive.
You're one of my favorite people here Muffy, I hope you know that. I really need your help with the going vegetarian thing. :redheartpump:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're one of my favorite people here Muffy, I hope you know that. I really need your help with the going vegetarian thing. :redheartpump:
You would not want my help. I am a poor excuse for a vegetarian. Neely, Norachan or Rubys'mama would be better at helping you.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
So....the Amish Potato Filling was yummy! Rick was very pleased. The only thing is that he thought it could have used more mashed potatoes, so I noted that and will make more potatoes next time. And there will be a next time. I asked him about making it for a holiday (Thanksgiving, for example) dinner and he said it'd be fine with him. It's a little on the bland side; all the recipe calls for is salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and parsley. Rick's considering it a combination of his favorite two comfort foods with a couple ladles full of chicken gravy. I'd recommend it.

We sat at the table yesterday with Mollipop sitting right next to me and Tabby next to Rick. Those girls love their poultry; as fast as we were cutting little pieces, they were scarfing them. I finally told them they had enough and that was it. Tabby got it and she left; Molli, OTOH, argued with me for a good five minutes. She finally jumped off the table, stalked into the living room, hit the cat tree, and curled up for a nap. (Just for the record, we do allow the girls on the table when it's just Rick and me; when we have family or friends in for dinner, the cats are not allowed on the table. For the most part, they're smart enough to realize the difference, although they're not above trying their luck from time to time.)

Tonight we're having leftovers.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stuffing made with bread and potatoes, with gravy on top? Oh, my! That sounds delish. :yummy: I will have to try that next time I'm in the mood for stuffing.

I ate leftover "chicken in everything" all weekend: salad, sandwiches, tacos, nachos, burritos. Time for something new.

Think I'll take some pork chops out of the freezer. I need to stop after work to pick up veggies for sides...not sure what yet.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Left overs. I actually cooked enough last night for three meals. Chicken breasts with rice, corn, carrots and green beans in a mushroom sauce. OH OK, it was a can of condensed Cream of Mushroom soup, but it's YUMMY!

Don't worry about it. I have been picked on and made fun of all my life and I am just overly defensive.
We've all done that at some point or another. That's the thing with online. You don't see a facial expression or hear a tone of voice, so it is far easier to misunderstand a meaning, especially if your heart has been rubbed raw for years. HUGS, muffy muffy .

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a big bag of turkey hearts thawing in the sink and two or three cats letting out pathetic little "MAAAAPPP" noises as they attempt to leap on a booby trapped counter (I lined it with loose towels, and every time they land on one to investigate/thieve, they slide off with the towel like little cats snow boarding, minus the snow.)
Pets will have these and beef liver, dogs will have more chicken wings and quarters and cats will have rabbit. (Dat wascally wabbit...sorry, Bugs.)

Us, who knows. I'm so glad my kitchen duties aren't needed until next month or so and only then sparingly because big knives + hot burners + me = a probable call to 911.
We'll probably a big ol' frozen pizza. I'm tired, my foot hurts and we have a mess in the shop to deal with (that will probably wait til tomorrow), and I'm not just not all about cooking right now.
I will offset this unhealthy meal by ingesting a sprig of parsley.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL. I was picked on by my big brother, boys in school and co-workers. That is why I was so glad to be able to retired. They all seem to be against me and I have no idea why.
I love cream of mushroom soup. I used to take a small can of sliced mushrooms and add that in when I made it. I'd add some oyster crackers and it was very yummy. Quick and easy too. :yummy:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL. I was picked on by my big brother, boys in school and co-workers. That is why I was so glad to be able to retired. They all seem to be against me and I have no idea why.
Well, my dear (I say that fondly, not sarcastically or meanly mind you!), WE are FOR you and I think you're a tremendous contributor to this site, as well as a very sweet and helpful person, and deserve nothing but the best. :grouphug: :redheartpump::redheartpump::hearthrob::hearthrob::redheartpump::redheartpump:

IMO forget those boys. They were probably just mad that you were too good for them. Idiots will be idiots, after all.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamany1953,

Thanks for your post.
I am also having cream of mushroom soup mixed with pasta and a corn muffin. My neighbor is taking me to the store tomorrow as I am running out of a few things.
I found a recipe I want to try.
Easy Grands!™ Chicken Pot Pie
It's simple, looks delicious, and hearty.
If I went to someones house and they served stuff like this I'd make an ass of myself licking the casserole dish clean.
So therefore....I'm trying it!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes when I have leftover chicken or turkey, I'll make a pot pie with a crust. But if I'm feeling lazy, I'll roll out some biscuits and plop them on top as a crust. And if I'm really lazy, then I'll drop the biscuit dough on top.

You know, we still have some chicken leftover from Sunday (and last night). I have carrots, I have peas, and there are a couple potatoes in the basket; there's half of a peeled onion and a couple celery ribs in the fridge, too as well as the rest of the chicken broth. Rick is working OT tonight. Til he gets home, I could have a pot pie baking in the oven (with biscuits instead of a crust). Thankfully he doesn't complain (often) about leftovers several nights in a row, and he really loves chicken pot pie. So a pot pie with a bit of cole slaw that I can quickly throw together is on our menu tonight. And that should kill the rest of the chicken.

I'm sorry to say that I'm doing leftovers again tonight. But there are some things I need to get used up and that's a good way to do it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The last of the leftovers tonight, clean the kitchen, take out ALL of the trash. Flo is going to be here later on tomorrow. Ya'll pray, good vibes, whatever. Several of our members are in the path of this storm.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last of the leftovers tonight, clean the kitchen, take out ALL of the trash. Flo is going to be here later on tomorrow. Ya'll pray, good vibes, whatever. Several of our members are in the path of this storm.
Good vibes and then some.
Stay safe and check in regularly if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.