What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you gonna order some? You won't be sorry. I grew up on these things, at every family reunion and cookout. I never knew it was a regional thing. I guess some good things do come out of Upstate NY. :D
I do believe we will.
We order meats bi-yearly to fill the gap, and this will be a nice addition!!!
We really like Blackwing for people meats, but they ain't cheap. =(

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah: I just love a good quiche. We don't have it often, but we really enjoy them. They're a favorite around here when we do brunch on weekends, esp for the holidays.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with exploding food! You all made me smile....thank you!

I'm thinking of throwing together a sausage, pepper, and cheese omelet with some fried potatoes and caramelized onion. Kind of a breakfast-for-supper thing. Even with the OJ!
This was a recipe that DH found and asked me to make. He loved it so I used to make it now and then for him. I haven't made it in years. I always browned the spam and sauteed the onions before adding them to the rest of the ingredients.

Spam Swiss Pie

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as long as it's thawed, i'll heat up a serving of Mexican Chicken Casserole. otherwise, i'll probably make a grilled cheese sandwich...maybe have some tomato soup with it -- if the weather cooperates. some sliced tomato with blue cheese salad dressing, and a serving of apple crisp (heated up, and with some plain yogurt mixed in -- to cut the sweetness down a bit) -- later in the evening. :D

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made 2 servings of Mexican-spiced chicken thighs last night for taco salad. Think I'll freeze the leftover thigh and marinade 2 more thighs in an Italian dressing, and have one tonight with so far unplanned sides. Maybe pasta and sautéed zucchini.

If I freeze one of those and do 2 Asian-style thighs tomorrow, then perhaps the different marinades will fool my brain out of thinking that I'm eating chicken thighs every night. :p

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's safe to say that my font is all weird from my last CP but it's also safe to say that we'll be well stocked in potential hot-dog hungries for the winter between Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and M maggiedemi suggestions.
Thank you!!! You've made this old fart happy today!:thanks:
We may have also made the old fart live up to his name even more literally!

Tonight...um. Dunno, but I'm leaning towards chicken salad. I was thinking tuna salad, but I don't have an onion diced. I didn't sleep more than a couple of hours last night due to allergies, and don't really trust myself with sharp objects!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We may have also made the old fart live up to his name even more literally!

Tonight...um. Dunno, but I'm leaning towards chicken salad. I was thinking tuna salad, but I don't have an onion diced. I didn't sleep more than a couple of hours last night due to allergies, and don't really trust myself with sharp objects!
Ouch, that stinks about the sleep factor.
A few weeks ago I was wide awake til 3:00AM, fell asleep at 3:30 and was up at 5:00.
Bottom line: coffee. And lots of it. (And no sharp objects!)
Hope you sleep better tonight!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you. I'm starting shots soon (more testing first, want to catch ALL of the allergies), and have a cortisone nasal spray that will clear up a lot of the issues, but takes 3-4 weeks to really kick in. Until then...I endure.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I'm starting shots soon (more testing first, want to catch ALL of the allergies), and have a cortisone nasal spray that will clear up a lot of the issues, but takes 3-4 weeks to really kick in. Until then...I endure.
Yuck, I hope the spray hurries up.
Good idea on testing to get all the allergies before getting the shots. Whatever is flaring you up needs to be known!

I got a big thumbs down on the platter 'la feta idea so I think we're doing pasta of some sort.
I'll sneak the feta later when everyone else is asleep. Baby Girl loves it too so I'll have to drop a piece for her to keep her from tattling on me.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yuck, I hope the spray hurries up.
Good idea on testing to get all the allergies before getting the shots. Whatever is flaring you up needs to be known!

I got a big thumbs down on the platter 'la feta idea so I think we're doing pasta of some sort.
I'll sneak the feta later when everyone else is asleep. Baby Girl loves it too so I'll have to drop a piece for her to keep her from tattling on me.
Lilith and Sophie love sharp cheddar and Boar's Head picante provolone.

I adore feta. They have never tried it. I bet they would like it. That gives me an excuse to get some tomorrow when I go shopping. :yummy:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Burger, burger, burger.....I want a burger. With sauteed onions, my zucchini relish, a thick slice of baby Swiss (or Monterey Jack), and a couple slices of tomato. Only mustard, no ketchup. And with it, some air-fried French fries, with malt vinegar and a sprinkling of salt. To be dipped into some apple butter BBQ sauce. :drool: Burger, burger, burger.....I want a burger.

Last night, I took a chicken roaster out of the freezer for Sunday. We are not supposed to get out of the 60s on Sunday, so it will be a good day for the oven to be on. My new Cook's Country came on Wednesday with a recipe for Amish Potato Filling that Rick has asked me to try. I'm going to do a rotisserie-style chicken with the potato filling. I may ask my sister and BIL to come in for dinner.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi No, I found it online at Cooks Country, but can't post it. Hang on til I get home tonight and I'll post it from the magazine. (I find the whole "must pay to get recipes" even when I've subscribed to both Cook's Country and Cook's Illustrated very annoying.)

The recipe for the rotisserie-style chicken (which is fantastic, BTW!) is here: Recipes - Main Dishes And Entrees - Poultry

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight? Well...I made scrambled eggs and biscuits last night, so tuna salad tonight. I'll just have to grit my teeth and dice the onions.

just a simple side salad.
"Simple side salad" my fanny. THAT WAS A WORK OF ART. A "simple side salad" is when I dump a fistful of lettuce in a bowl and drizzle something yummy over it.

I adore feta.
Me, too. I have two favorite pizzas, both of which I have to go to ONE pizza place here in town, drag my own toppings with me, and they fix it and charge me for a plain cheese pizza. The first is grilled or roasted chicken breast and broccoli, but the second is feta cheese and artichoke hearts!

Status
Not open for further replies.