What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So along with a small chunk of cod, I sauteed some onion, mushrooms, daikon, zucchini and a leftover awesomely perfectly grilled brat. This turned out really tasty, I've never cooked with daikon but I figured why not :) especially since I ended up with quite a few in the garden.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went to Five Guys for dinner tonight. I got what I thought was a veggie burger but all it turned out to be a hamburger bun with vegetables added. No veggie burger. You had your choice of mayo, mustard, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, grilled onions and mushrooms. I did not like it at all. It tasted like the mushrooms came from a can.

I will say their fries were delicious. They were home made. If I ever go back there I will get their fries and maybe their grilled cheese sandwich but never again will I get their veggie burger.
5 Guys doesn't have a veggie burger. Just a veggie sandwich. :rolleyes2:
upload_2018-6-25_7-8-30.png

IMO they aren't as good as they used to be. The last couple of times DD and I went there we were not impressed. Since they are all the way on the other side of town, I don't think they are worth the trip anymore.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll microwave a serving of ground chicken burrito casserole -- i started adding some canned poblano pepper strips and a little of the (spicy) liquid from the can to the recipe, and it makes it taste even better! sliced cucumber with blue cheese salad dressing, and a slice of banana bread (later in the evening). :yummy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5 Guys doesn't have a veggie burger. Just a veggie sandwich. :rolleyes2:
View attachment 238549

IMO they aren't as good as they used to be. The last couple of times DD and I went there we were not impressed. Since they are all the way on the other side of town, I don't think they are worth the trip anymore.
Well, I won't go back to 5 Guys. Their veggie sandwich was not good and not worth the $3.60 I paid for it. Their fries were really good though.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue, and that generally means I'll have hot dogs with cheese and onions. In fact, I have enough to eat them every day until I go shopping, and that might just happen. I like the darned things, and they are SO fast...Takes me about 2 and a half minutes from when I walk in the kitchen until I'm sitting down to eat. I will, however, in the interests of pretending to eat something healthy, serve a side of veggies of some sort. A real veggie, not beans.

LOL, if you don't see me until Friday afternoon, you'll know that's what I'm doing.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably not cooking tonight. I have leftover couscous from Saturday, and leftover tuna salad and cheese spread from yesterday. Will just toast some slices of French bread and do "snacky snacky" on what's already made.
I LOVE french bread baked with some pizza sauce and mozz cheese on top.
Then bacon pieces and/or pepperoni, olives, onions, etc....
Like a personal "fancy" pizza. We love fancy.
:dunce: See, this guy looks pretty fancy and he's smiling ear to ear =D

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Baked Turkey breast, homemade mashed potatoes, salad and cranberry sauce. I’m hungry! :lol: The turkey is nearly done. :yummy:

Later we’re going out for ice cream.
OH GOD! Cranberry sauce...I can sit down and eat a can of it for dessert, easily!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH GOD! Cranberry sauce...I can sit down and eat a can of it for dessert, easily!
I love cranberry sauce with some type of bread. I still have a can left over from last year. It is very good for you. It should be showing up in the stores very soon. I saw sausage and meat balls for the holidays advertise on QVC yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.